Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio State vs Bowling Green - That team not quite up North!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio State vs Bowling Green - That team not quite up North!

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    At least BG fans won't be obnoxious like Miami fans. Even Michigan fans aren't that bad and that's saying a lot.
    Agree on this, and you're right, that is saying something!

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
      Wish I could get up there for that.
      Really? you're halfway there compared to me and you can't make it?

Comment

For those coming to BG the game time is 8:07, not the usual 7:07.
        Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
          Saw that but thanks for the heads up. I'd rather get there an hour early rather than an hour late!

Comment

Really? you're halfway there compared to me and you can't make it?
            Going to OSU Women vs Minnesota. Plus, I work 9-6, which, in this case with the game starting at 8, i probably could make it up there in time, but a normal 7 pm game, I don't drive that fast.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
              Going to OSU Women vs Minnesota. Plus, I work 9-6, which, in this case with the game starting at 8, i probably could make it up there in time, but a normal 7 pm game, I don't drive that fast.
              I'm going to take your seat if you don't go!
              Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 10-20-2016, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
                Why is the game at 8 on a friday night?

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                  You got me, perhaps a Falcon would know. But it certainly works better for me on making it up there.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                    There's a volleyball game earlier that night, it's so the volleyball fans can go there and still make it to the hockey game in time for puck drop. I'm sure both of them greatly appreciated the time change.
                    BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Critical Thinker View Post
                      There's a volleyball game earlier that night, it's so the volleyball fans can go there and still make it to the hockey game in time for puck drop. I'm sure both of them greatly appreciated the time change.
                      Hope they don't take all the parking.

Comment

Is there any movement in Cbus to getting the OSU hockey team their own facility? It's such a shame they've had to play at the Schott all these years, what a horrible setup. I've always thought OSU should at least dump a bunch of money into the OSU Ice Arena. Nothing obscene, but I bet you could totally jazz up that facility and make it D-1 worthy, even if it's only 1000 capacity.

It's always easy to say "what if we just had a new arena," but I think in OSU's case it would make a world of difference. Unlike in East Lansing where MSU fans love to whine about having an old facility but coaching incompetence is really MSU's undoing.
                        CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
                          Is there any movement in Cbus to getting the OSU hockey team their own facility? It's such a shame they've had to play at the Schott all these years, what a horrible setup. I've always thought OSU should at least dump a bunch of money into the OSU Ice Arena. Nothing obscene, but I bet you could totally jazz up that facility and make it D-1 worthy, even if it's only 1000 capacity.

It's always easy to say "what if we just had a new arena," but I think in OSU's case it would make a world of difference. Unlike in East Lansing where MSU fans love to whine about having an old facility but coaching incompetence is really MSU's undoing.
                          I've been in the old rink since it was built in '61 and it would be structurally impossible to upgrade to current needs and also it was given to the women's team as their home ice but the men still utilize it for practice when the bouncy ball floor in down in the Schott.
                          OSU since the NCAA crackdown nationwide has pretty much disbanded official booster groups for all sports and hockey never had any seriously rich givers like football and when we did have our Center Ice official booster group membership was small.
                          We have had MANY debates & discussions here on forum about a new facility and rumor has persisted there is one in the long term plans but none of our fans here seem to agree how much the capacity should be if it is built.

Comment

25 seats left in the reserved sections. Any Buckeyes going to buy them and make an easy road trip up?

Comment

I've been in the old rink since it was built in '61 and it would be structurally impossible to upgrade to current needs and also it was given to the women's team as their home ice but the men still utilize it for practice when the bouncy ball floor in down in the Schott.
                              OSU since the NCAA crackdown nationwide has pretty much disbanded official booster groups for all sports and hockey never had any seriously rich givers like football and when we did have our Center Ice official booster group membership was small.
                              We have had MANY debates & discussions here on forum about a new facility and rumor has persisted there is one in the long term plans but none of our fans here seem to agree how much the capacity should be if it is built.
                              You can have my seat up there tonight! Actually, I don't have one up there, but you can have whatever is left. Funny you mentioned Center Ice Club. I still have my pin and my Center Ice Club t-shirts. In regard to a new facility, don't get me started on that. Yes, it seems a hockey-only facility is always in the works, but just when it starts to get up toward the top of the list, alas, we need to add 10,000 more seats to Ohio Stadium, or we need to put in a new jumbotron to replace the new one we just put in three or four years ago, or we need to add yet another practice gym to the one we already have in the Schott. I am being a tad sarcastic, but you get the point. There is, and seemingly, will always be something there that will take precedence over building a new hockey arena. I will not live long enough to see it, I am sure of that. I agree with you on the OSU Ice Rink, not structurally possible to knock walls down and expand the capacity. In regard to the discussions on the needed capacity of a new facility, I had always originally said 8,000 - 9,000, then I said 7,000 would be fine. At this point, I would settle for a 6,000-seat arena like they built at Penn State and Notre Dame. The men would have some sellouts and it would not be quite so cavernous for the women as it is when they play games in the Schott. I actually like the old Ice Rink for the women's games. It's cozy and it's easier to say hello and talk to the coaches and the kids after the games. We would lose that intimacy with a new arena, but the recruiting benefits and shot in the arm it would provide for our programs would be worth it. As is the case with most new venues, regardless of sport, ticket prices would probably go up with a new arena. If a new arena helps our programs get to the next level, I would be willing to pay a little more for tickets, as I am sure most OSU Hockey fans would.

Comment

Ohio State takes game one in Bowling Green earlier tonight by a final score of 5-4. The two teams are at it again tomorrow night in Columbus at Value City Arena.

Comment

Working...
                                X