Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its personal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

Originally posted by BKrosky View Post
    I know what happened to him but am not really allowed to say exactly what happened publicly. He's currently at a community college and hopes to come back to Oswego after this semester.
    10-4 thanks my dad follows everything wrestling...Hey never know maybe you can replace OSUPBPMIKE???...he did great highlites..
    Last edited by bakdraft21; 01-19-2018, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

300 wins for Coach Ed Gosek...a well deserved personal milestone in a tough year...Mighty Mary is with him and his boys every practice, every meal every game. They will need her support tomorrow for the matinee at The Aud. Go Lakers!
      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Saw Brun in the stands tonight, arm was casted, certainly not good, Mac was back though but we have no spare Dmen.

Comment

300 wins for coach Gosek is quite a feat... that averages to twenty wins a season. He has put quality teams on the ice for fifteen years and I hope I'm around to see win #400.
          Last edited by skipperbob; 01-20-2018, 12:33 AM.

Comment

GREAT job coach Gosek on the 300 not ez to do....Team looked good last night ,fast start and cruised the rest,we finished a few nice breakaways...Richer with a few big saves early to keep Cort off the board.Forwards need to cover the points better,to many point chances Dmen we have to keep one in front of the net NOT 2 in the corner....Mac back but now Brun out with a cast,not good,probably done,or maybe a NCAA run??..Got a look at Richer's stick,maybe a camera angle but man looked like a serious hook he has on that bad boy...The U will be tough,we need to survive the bus legs and stay close early also must watch the senior Union transfer Ammirato he scores the goals...should be a great game..
            Last edited by bakdraft21; 01-20-2018, 08:42 AM.

Comment

I'm expecting some slight head hunting could get pretty physical and the boys will have to keep their heads on a swivel. Rutkowski is wearing a target, I get the feeling some guys will be looking for a big hit.

Comment

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
                I'm expecting some slight head hunting could get pretty physical and the boys will have to keep their heads on a swivel. Rutkowski is wearing a target, I get the feeling some guys will be looking for a big hit.
                Cant have a slow start and must stay out of the box,which we are doing pretty good so far this yr,discipline in big games is a must..I wish the game could start at 3 as I have to pick up my daughter and will miss the first period

Comment

Fresh legs of Dorazio, Scorpio, Sullivan.

Sitting Ferreria, Durocher.

Horn stuck.

Thought Joeys brother went here too, but isn't listed on the team...

Comment

Fresh legs of Dorazio, Scorpio, Sullivan.

Sitting Ferreria, Durocher.

Horn stuck.

Thought Joeys brother went here too, but isn't listed on the team...
                    Joey's brother, Jaxson, is playing his final year of juniors. Will be on the team next year.

Comment

Didnt get to watch the first,and had no video for our third goal...That said, their 3rd looked like a high stick,tough call was there any argument?? Looked to be a clean hard fought game with a ton of big hits and a lot of jawing.Our first goal was pretty...Zizek line looked excellent, and the 4th line had that extra giddy -up from not playing the night b4.... We were tough IFO our net,loved it...Richer looked pretty good...We need a little more jump on the face-offs...I could hear the Oswego faithfull with the Lets go Laker cheers, nice job...OK not a bad afternoon,some big games coming up,Genny and Buff St look good, and Platty is winning games as well,4 out of their last 5...

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                        Didnt get to watch the first,and had no video for our third goal...That said, their 3rd looked like a high stick,tough call was there any argument?? Looked to be a clean hard fought game with a ton of big hits and a lot of jawing.Our first goal was pretty...Zizek line looked excellent, and the 4th line had that extra giddy -up from not playing the night b4.... We were tough IFO our net,loved it...Richer looked pretty good...We need a little more jump on the face-offs...I could hear the Oswego faithfull with the Lets go Laker cheers, nice job...OK not a bad afternoon,some big games coming up,Genny and Buff St look good, and Platty is winning games as well,4 out of their last 5...

Their 3rd was called a no goal by one ref closest to it watching from behind net for high stick. Then conference ensued and they gave them it, how the ref 50 ft away vs 5 ft wins that one I don't know was a load of baloney.

Biggest take away is put some heat on those passes too many turnovers with light taps, Pelnik and MacMillan poor poor turnovers, seemed like pelnik got it and put some zing eventually Mac did not.

Comment

Their 3rd was called a no goal by one ref closest to it watching from behind net for high stick. Then conference ensued and they gave them it, how the ref 50 ft away vs 5 ft wins that one I don't know was a load of baloney.

Biggest take away is put some heat on those passes too many turnovers with light taps, Pelnik and MacMillan poor poor turnovers, seemed like pelnik got it and put some zing eventually Mac did not.
                          Thanks,looked like a high stick to me thru my green and gold glasses,that said we passed the gut check and tied it,Herlihy almost Titanicesque,captains find a way to do it...as for the passes,mak'em hard and fast,all inall nice job...

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                            Thanks,looked like a high stick to me thru my green and gold glasses,that said we passed the gut check and tied it,Herlihy almost Titanicesque,captains find a way to do it...as for the passes,mak'em hard and fast,all inall nice job...
                            Looked pretty close live, but the replays (there were three of them on the big screens) showed that Ammirato's stick was well under the crossbar when he made contact. Even my newly-made Lakers friends behind me agreed. And BTW the ref behind the net signaled "goal" immediately.

Great, great hockey game, no matter how you slice it. And looking at the program, I was amazed by the number of underclassmen on your team. I asked my Oswego buds to please petition the school not schedule UC again for at least 3 years.
                            Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-20-2018, 09:25 PM.

Comment

From the replay it looked like a good goal to me, but hard to tell with the camera elevation angle. All in all an honest result (OT tie) of a really good hockey game between two very good teams. Great effort from both sides, through OT- and they both played last night. Neither ranking should change from that game.

For the last 10 years or so Coach Ed's goaltender strategy seems to have been "I'll keep playing you until you disappoint me. Once you do that you'll sit until the other guy falters". Looks like Hansen has found the short end of that. I was strong on him last semester, but Richer has been looking very solid lately.
                              Oswego State 1980 Grad
                              (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Dam, my video stream dropped and I did not see us tie the game. The stream came back for the OT. Can anyone describe how we scored? from the Clark posted pictures it might have been a bad angle shot from loose puck behind the net, but I'm just guessing. Tell me what happened if you can.
                                We have no wins against ranked teams, but we have 2 ties. Great Hockey game, that's all it's about in the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X