2018 National Championship: Salve Regina vs. St. Norbert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
    “Frozen Four” refers to D1 ONLY. Sorry to nitpick; I’m on a mission from God
    Snowflake

Comment

Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
      As a footnote to next season, already thinking about next season, that's what happens when your team didn't make it.. The NCAA will change the format to College campuses next year. If in fact any team seeded first should get the venue, how will a venue like Adrian or Hobart put together a Championship weekend when their seating is about 450 seats. Or any other campus that has a small venue.. We have been to many rinks in the last 20 years that have a hard enough time for a regular season game. What do you think?
      It doesn’t have to go to the first seed. It has never been that way. It has always been a decision based not just on top seeds, but whether they have a facility capable of hosting or even good enough to beat out a lower seed from hosting. Lower seeds have hosted before.

Having said that, I did ask a committee member what happens if all four participants have tiny facilities (like the very probable list joecct always posts).

He said, "Then we pick one of those sites."
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
        As a footnote to next season, already thinking about next season, that's what happens when your team didn't make it.. The NCAA will change the format to College campuses next year. If in fact any team seeded first should get the venue, how will a venue like Adrian or Hobart put together a Championship weekend when their seating is about 450 seats. Or any other campus that has a small venue.. We have been to many rinks in the last 20 years that have a hard enough time for a regular season game. What do you think?
        Then it could be really tough to get a seat. That should be a welcomed change from the last ten years, right?

I wonder if the same people who complain about low turnout for the semifinals and finals on the internet will complain about not being able to get a ticket next season?

Comment

Re: 2018 National Championship: Salve Regina vs. St. Norbert

Originally posted by altazo View Post
          Then it could be really tough to get a seat. That should be a welcomed change from the last ten years, right?

I wonder if the same people who complain about low turnout for the semifinals and finals on the internet will complain about not being able to get a ticket next season?
          Kinda like a Weber State vs Utah State game

We made it work years ago (3am sitting in line for tickets) we will make it work again for those of us who want to go. I hate the fact that family and close friends (classmates) may be turned away, but it is what it is.

I agree tho...I bet we see a few of those crying about an empty rink, more upset when their team is in the Final Four at a dinky rink and they can't go watch....get the tissues out now.

As I said earlier, if they allow a team to "move" their location and they split the tickets up evenly ...it could work....
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
            Kinda like a Weber State vs Utah State game

We made it work years ago (3am sitting in line for tickets) we will make it work again for those of us who want to go. I hate the fact that family and close friends (classmates) may be turned away, but it is what it is.

I agree tho...I bet we see a few of those crying about an empty rink, more upset when their team is in the Final Four at a dinky rink and they can't go watch....get the tissues out now.

As I said earlier, if they allow a team to "move" their location and they split the tickets up evenly ...it could work....
            Yep. And, I firmly believe that any parent who is on the ball and expresses interest in attending the final weekend immediately after their son’s team punches their ticket, will be able to do so without much of a headache (even if it’s at a 500 seat rink.)

As a side note: everyone keep mentioning the capacity at Adrian and Hobart when they gripe about campus sites. I can’t speak to Hobart - I remember when that place wasn’t enclosed. But Adrian would be a fantastic site and has an incredible atmosphere. Yes there are only 500 seats (real seats, not benches), but with SRO that place holds closer to 1,000 and also has a restaurant that overlooks the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
              Yep. And, I firmly believe that any parent who is on the ball and expresses interest in attending the final weekend immediately after their son’s team punches their ticket, will be able to do so without much of a headache (even if it’s at a 500 seat rink.)

As a side note: everyone keep mentioning the capacity at Adrian and Hobart when they gripe about campus sites. I can’t speak to Hobart - I remember when that place wasn’t enclosed. But Adrian would be a fantastic site and has an incredible atmosphere. Yes there are only 500 seats (real seats, not benches), but with SRO that place holds closer to 1,000 and also has a restaurant that overlooks the ice.
              A parent I agree probably yes....grandparent, uncle, siblings...not so much. As I said before, I've seen it happen and gave up tickets for family to attend, and this was at a 2,500 seat arena. The NCAA only requires the home team to give a small portion of tickets to visiting teams (200 IIRC Prez?)...but that's based on a 3000 seat arena as "was" the requirement. That (keeping that ratio) would be less than 70 tickets in a 1000 seat arena...that would be 35 tickets in a 500 seat arena....

Hobart is...well....Hobart.... they sold 1,000 tickets to the Geneseo/Hobart game this year and added metal bleachers behind the glass on the one end (as well as a port-a-potty which is an upgrade). You were not moving, but it was a great atmosphere and would be for a Final Four...no contest. Same with Adrian (tho have not been there in person but have seen my fair share via video and its outstanding).

At the rate the teams are spreading out, no longer dominated by the select few large schools, as much as it sucks knowing a casual hockey fan might not be able to attend... let the kids have their fun a time or two. My other question would be...will this draw schools to either A) expand their rinks capacity and or B) build new rinks to hold 2500 / 3000 fans?? As long as visiting teams aren't getting sc*ewed getting a small allotment of tickets and or are allowed to purchase tickets at the home rink (was turned away once because I had a different address), ...but I can't wait for the #1 teams coach to cry when they get sent 1,500 miles to the #4 seed because their rink is bigger....who says size doesnt matter... lol
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by Adam_Krug#1 View Post
                Snowflake
                😂 😂😂

Comment

I really don't see teams building rinks so that in one of the few years the NCAA decides to play on campus, if their team is good enough, they might be a host. That's a whole lot of "ifs", to me. Maybe programs that have a demand for more space will do that on their own, but a possible final four doesn't seem (again. to me) like enough. Especially when many programs are playing in community-owned buildings that may have other priorities or budget restrictions.
                  St. Norbert College Green Knights
                  NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                  NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                  NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                  ---
                  SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Homecoming coverage
                    http://fox11online.com/sports/colleg...sion-iii-title
                    St. Norbert College Green Knights
                    NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                    NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                    NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                    ---
                    SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                      A parent I agree probably yes....grandparent, uncle, siblings...not so much. As I said before, I've seen it happen and gave up tickets for family to attend, and this was at a 2,500 seat arena. The NCAA only requires the home team to give a small portion of tickets to visiting teams (200 IIRC Prez?)...but that's based on a 3000 seat arena as "was" the requirement. That (keeping that ratio) would be less than 70 tickets in a 1000 seat arena...that would be 35 tickets in a 500 seat arena....
                      When I covered the championship in 2002 at Middlebury, the first thing I saw when we arrived quite early before the first semifinal game were Middlebury fans standing outside holding up signs, "I Need A Ticket." And Middlebury has a decent amount of seats if I remember correctly.
                      Russell Jaslow
                      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                        When I covered the championship in 2002 at Middlebury, the first thing I saw when we arrived quite early before the first semifinal game were Middlebury fans standing outside holding up signs, "I Need A Ticket." And Middlebury has a decent amount of seats if I remember correctly.
                        I’ve heard crazy ticket stories for Norwich when it hosted the 2003 final four weekend. People waiting in line overnight etc.
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          I’ve heard crazy ticket stories for Norwich when it hosted the 2003 final four weekend. People waiting in line overnight etc.
                          Sounds like a great atmosphere for a championship weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                            The attendance was listed as sellout at 3,000 that year. It's been a 2,200 sellout since then!
                            Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                              The attendance was listed as sellout at 3,000 that year. It's been a 2,200 sellout since then!
                              Must have had a meeting with the Fire Marshall.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Rumor has it SNC names their trophies. This one was named Adrian. What's that all about?

Comment

Working...
                                X