Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
    Credit where it's due. Your guys deserved the T and maybe more. Can't say enough good things about the quality of the RITzone video production. Best I've seen at the college level, bar none.
    A couple of the power plays in the 3rd I think changed momentum towards the Huskies and eventually lead to the tying goal. A few of those calls were questionable, IMO.
    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2010 Frozen Four participant
    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
      A couple of the power plays in the 3rd I think changed momentum towards the Huskies and eventually lead to the tying goal. A few of those calls were questionable, IMO.
      To beat a high caliber Hockey East team like NU we needed to play a near perfect high tempo game. We almost did it but the too many players on the ice calls and a few of the other questionable penalties gave me that sinking feeling that momentum was shifting. We still played our guts out and Drackett played a heck of a game. I was sitting by the RIT bench and it was strange seeing the new Prez before the game and not Destler but all and all we have a lot to be proud of tonight. Ties seem to be the trend at these Brick City games the last few years. The attendance seemed close to capacity maybe not quite a sell out.
      Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 10-14-2017, 10:24 PM.
      RPI Engineers
      RIT Tigers
      ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers;6538307
        Rumor has it we did [I
        not[/I] sell out the BCA tonight. Fewer than 9,000 in attendance if what I read is accurate. What has changed?

Powers &8^]
        I'm sure having not won our homecoming game since 2011 is probably finally starting to hurt interest. Last year the game "sold out" but had a ton of empty seats so it was clear RIT just bought them up to say it sold out. Guess this year they didn't want to buy 2000 tix.

Drakett looked like the real deal tonight. Hope that wasn't just a fluke...would be nice to have a guy we can trust in net so early and as a freshman.
        RIT

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
          I would cut some slack when you are previewing opponents that you don't know well. While the writer did their homework with the Corsi scores, unless they knew that the Norish twins were injured a good portion of the year last year, you would think they might not be that good or just don't play all the time. The writer is probably not paid to do writeups and does it as a labor of love. I know when I did them for the old Corner Crew site, I was not checking into why a player didn't play the full schedule.
          I am consistently annoyed by non-conference officiating. Feels like whenever we visit another team's barn their conference officials tend to favor them, and when we host non-conference teams the AHA officials' peculiar brand of incompetency also always seems to favor the other "superior" team. Nothing called in the 1st period at all, but as soon as we went ahead all of a sudden they didn't see a borderline infraction they didn't want to call. Eight power plays - with some of them extremely questionable - over two periods is going to tire any team. Very frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
            I am consistently annoyed by non-conference officiating. Feels like whenever we visit another team's barn their conference officials tend to favor them, and when we host non-conference teams the AHA officials' peculiar brand of incompetency also always seems to favor the other "superior" team. Nothing called in the 1st period at all, but as soon as we went ahead all of a sudden they didn't see a borderline infraction they didn't want to call. Eight power plays - with some of them extremely questionable - over two periods is going to tire any team. Very frustrating.
            we certainly got some questionable calls go our way.. esp the 5x3.. was weak. luckily for your team.. our pp went just 1 for 8, & wr could never get a lead. but your point still is valid to an extent, though the too many men (twice) .. thats just tough luck in opening gm with guys feeling the lines out.
            On the calls.. hopefully they'll balance out rest of the season as they normally tend to. G'luck rest of your season, great fan base. see you in Boston nxt yr.
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
              That was my biggest complaint that the game was being called like a playoff game and then all the sudden that changed when RIT took the lead. However 3 or 4 of the penalties that RIT took were just plan stupid/lazy. This was something that really hurt last year's team about as much as the injuries did. That is even more frustrating then the always frustrating officiating...

That being said it did go both ways, there was a big interference call missed on RIT that develop a good scoring chance off a rush in OT. Oh and Norrish had the stick slashed right out of his hands on the game tying goal...

Other than that I thought RIT played a great game, even though Northeastern built up a good size shot advantage, defensive coverage was good and Drackett made really all the saves he should. Two goals were perfect shots, and the third the power play just plan their power play was better than our Penalty Kills. I loved not only the goals but the tips that Brown was getting in the offensive zones. Need a little more from the top line other than Brown. Not sure how banged up Valenzuela was, Kerins had one good chance, I'd like to see him have more. This is the kind of team that they will have to play if they make the NCAAs, if they play smart and stay out of the box they can!
              Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
              The Mule
              Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

I guess we can add "Discipline" along with "Determined" and "Die On Empty". . Still have Union and RPI coming to the GPC this weekend to work on that first "D". While Union will be a huge task especially since they are smarting from some tough early losses I think we can give the Engineers a good battle under the direction of new RPI and former Canisius coach Dave Smith.

In other news I see we had a commit today. Ryan Nicholson, 6'2, 185lbs defenseman, Stratford Warriors, GOJHL for 2019-2020.
                Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 10-16-2017, 09:18 PM.
                RPI Engineers
                RIT Tigers
                ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                  Rumor has it we did not sell out the BCA tonight. Fewer than 9,000 in attendance if what I read is accurate. What has changed?
                  I drive up from Elmira each year. But the only ticket shipping option I could find this year was to pick up the tickets at the RIT ticket office ... terribly inconvenient for those of us driving in from out of town on game day, and the sole reason I didn't attend this year.

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                    I drive up from Elmira each year. But the only ticket shipping option I could find this year was to pick up the tickets at the RIT ticket office ... terribly inconvenient for those of us driving in from out of town on game day, and the sole reason I didn't attend this year.
                    Actually the tickets where at the box office and then moved on game day afternoon to the arena and available in one of THREE will call lines. Which you had to guess which one to go too.

University Arenas really need to understand how they effect the fan experience...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Thomas M. Naeger
                    The Mule

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                      Actually the tickets where at the box office and then moved on game day afternoon to the arena and available in one of THREE will call lines. Which you had to guess which one to go too.

University Arenas really need to understand how they effect the fan experience...
                      That fact was not apparent from the ticket purchase page.

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                        That fact was not apparent from the ticket purchase page.
                        Yeah... They like to be as vague as possible. A lot people have had similar complaints but these people seem like they know the best way to do things and just don't seem to take negative feedback...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Thomas M. Naeger
                        The Mule

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                          Yeah... They like to be as vague as possible. A lot people have had similar complaints but these people seem like they know the best way to do things and just don't seem to take negative feedback...
                          I was told by the person who took over for Stacy that the homecoming game is organized by some other group on campus, and that he didn't have anything to do with it, he had to wait for that group to decide which seats they were going to make available for sale. He did not say this but I assume that since it is homecoming it's alumni relations that is running the BCA game. Whichever group it is, they took forever to open up the ticket sales this year and they have blocked off certain sections for VIP year after year that do not get filled by legitimate ticket holders - the seats behind the goal have remained empty because they were reserved for VIP that didn't show up - and they only fill up when people with other tickets move to them. One year they stayed empty for the entire first period.

We were told that as season ticket holders we would get first dibs on the seats when they opened up but that never happened. I waited for the email to come and never even thought to double check. If I hadn't seen someone's post on here that they were on sale I probably would have missed out on getting my usual seats.

Comment

I had recently purchased tickets for Saturday's game online, and was surprised to see there was a "free will call" and "hockey will call" that cost $3. Both were available, and those who know about my fiscal frugality would know which one I took. Is there actually a difference between the two, other than tricking people into giving more money to the college?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              I had recently purchased tickets for Saturday's game online, and was surprised to see there was a "free will call" and "hockey will call" that cost $3. Both were available, and those who know about my fiscal frugality would know which one I took. Is there actually a difference between the two, other than tricking people into giving more money to the college?
                              I don't remember seeing both of those when I looked into ordering extras for that game a few weeks ago (wife is an RPI alum that doesn't normally go to RIT games with us). There was a will call option and an email option then. Not sure what the difference between the two will calls is.
                              But if you wanted to skip ordering and just buy at the door, you could have. The game will likely not be even close to a sell out.
                              Can't we all just get along?
                              Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                                I don't remember seeing both of those when I looked into ordering extras for that game a few weeks ago (wife is an RPI alum that doesn't normally go to RIT games with us). There was a will call option and an email option then. Not sure what the difference between the two will calls is.
                                But if you wanted to skip ordering and just buy at the door, you could have. The game will likely not be even close to a sell out.
                                I bought at the door the last time we played there (Black Friday 2012 IIRC so it was Ritter), but I bought them early in the day, I guess the game sold out (even though it didn't look like it, maybe because of the break), and considering I have to be in upstate NY in the beginning of the day and head to WNY for the game later, I didn't want to take any chances. It's good to know about how attendance is at the new place in case we end up making this matchup a bit of a regular occurrence, especially with y'all now in the Liberty League for other sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X