UAH Hockey 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
    I talked with Coach Corbett about the first quarter of the season and going forward:
    https://uahhockey.com/blog/2017/11/0...home-presence/
    Good post. While cachet might be the more traditional word, I like the idea of building cache.

Either way, it works. What happened to McHugh? I missed that.

Comment

Re: UAH Hockey 2017-18

Originally posted by Stratus View Post
      Good post. While cachet might be the more traditional word, I like the idea of building cache.

Either way, it works. What happened to McHugh? I missed that.
      Thank you! I just looked up cachet vs. cache, and changed it to cachet. Although the idea of the Chargers hiding something somewhere in the VBC during the homestand would be a funny story in itself.

McHugh was injured during the preseason. I didn't get exactly what happened, but Corbett said that he and Jordan Larson are "not close" to being back in the lineup.
      Michael Napier - UAH '97
      uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
      U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
      NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
      CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
      CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Evidence sports are fixed:

http://www.wcha.com/men/index.php#tab-1

We both won already tonight lol
        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Wow. Free tickets tonight and tomorrow for veterans. General admission but I used the money saved to buy Jim a beer. Go Seawolves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kamariek View Post
            Wow. Free tickets tonight and tomorrow for veterans. General admission but I used the money saved to buy Jim a beer. Go Seawolves!!!!
            I watched the game, unfortunately. So depressing. This team is capable of playing better ... what a crappy effort.
            Originally Posted by aparch
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

UAH 5, Alaska Anchorage 1
              https://uahhockey.com/blog/2017/11/1...-win-over-uaa/

Great night. Good crowd that saw a good show by the Chargers, which is what the program was sorely needing.

Sorry to the Seawolf fans. Thanks to those who came, though! I always think it's cool when opposing fans make the trip.
              Michael Napier - UAH '97
              uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

UAH 5, Alaska Anchorage 1
                https://uahhockey.com/blog/2017/11/1...-win-over-uaa/

Great night. Good crowd that saw a good show by the Chargers, which is what the program was sorely needing.

Sorry to the Seawolf fans. Thanks to those who came, though! I always think it's cool when opposing fans make the trip.
                Was it a good crowd? You must have a large arena, with a balcony? Because on WCHA TV it looked like there were a lot of empty seats. I think UAA should have hired Corbs.
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  Was it a good crowd? You must have a large arena, with a balcony? Because on WCHA TV it looked like there were a lot of empty seats. I think UAA should have hired Corbs.
                  Capacity is around 6,500, with only about a third of that in the lower level. General admission is the upper level, which rarely shows on camera, and I think about 3/4 of the crowd was there, which is typical. Because the lower level is relatively small, the view isn't really any better than if you just get the cheaper general admission.

It's a rather odd design for an arena. It opened in 1975, and I think if the VBC were rebuilt today it wouldn't look very different.
                  Last edited by UAHStatman; 11-11-2017, 09:07 AM.
                  Michael Napier - UAH '97
                  uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

Capacity is around 6,500, with only about a third of that in the lower level. General admission is the upper level, which rarely shows on camera, and I think about 3/4 of the crowd was there, which is typical. Because the lower level is relatively small, the view isn't really any better than if you just get the cheaper general admission.

It's a rather odd design for an arena. It opened in 1975, and I think if the VBC were rebuilt today it wouldn't look very different.
                    Aren't the seats a little nicer at the lower level? For some reason I had thought they were.

Comment

Originally posted by Stratus View Post
                      Aren't the seats a little nicer at the lower level? For some reason I had thought they were.
                      The upper seats have a better view. That middle tier while nicer seats are backed away from the glass due to the barstools and table service right near the ice. There is alcohol all through the arena not like the Sully has in that one corner.

It was a really good crowd maybe due to it being homecoming week.

Comment

The upper seats have a better view. That middle tier while nicer seats are backed away from the glass due to the barstools and table service right near the ice. There is alcohol all through the arena not like the Sully has in that one corner.

It's also Military Appreciation Weekend as well.
                        Michael Napier - UAH '97
                        uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

The drinking section at the Sully is always full. I wish they would open up that entire side to drinking, like they did for the Aces games. Many colleges have drinking in their entire arena.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                            The drinking section at the Sully is always full. I wish they would open up that entire side to drinking, like they did for the Aces games. Many colleges have drinking in their entire arena.
                            They have craft beers and hard liquor here. Too bad they don't show the game on their screen and also dont show replays.

Comment

They have craft beers and hard liquor here. Too bad they don't show the game on their screen and also dont show replays.
                              Yeah, they weren't showing replays on stretch either. The camera guy was bad. Couldn't follow the puck to save his soul.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Stares madly into the Northern Lights.
                                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X