X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

http://www.npr.org/2017/09/27/553860...l-for-the-rich

Let the giveaway to the rich continue. Everything about the new Paul Ryan/Trump tax proposal is WRONG. WRONG WRONG WRONG. Brownback didn't have balls this big.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Mar-a-Lago, we have a problem.
      Good for your side. It is important that a party have a farm system to prepare people for higher office. DWS ignored that.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Any bill that cuts the current top marginal rate should be a non-starter. Trickle-down is a philosophy of failure.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Mar-a-Lago, we have a problem.
          This is a little trickle over the top of a decayed and corrupted dam holding back a billion tons of hope and change. 2018 is going to be amazing.
          As I've said, D. Trump is the best thing to ever happen to the Democrat Party, as long as we survive him.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

I helped create the conservative gospel of slashing taxes. But virtually everything Republicans say about taxes today is hogwash.

Virtually everything Republicans say about taxes today is a lie. Tax cuts and tax rate reductions will not pay for themselves; they never have. Republicans don’t even believe they will, they are just excuses to slash spending for the poor when revenues collapse and deficits rise. There is no evidence that tax reform raises growth, although it may improve fairness and tax administration. And the Republican idea that tax increases always crash the economy is belied by the experiences after Bill Clinton raised taxes in 1993 and Barack Obama did the same in 2013. The economy grew nicely and the stock market boomed in both cases.

Having helped open the Pandora’s Box of Republican tax cutting, I have tried for many years to close it again. I am trying again now. Bruce Bartlett.
            https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...umn/704464001/

No new ideas on Health Care. No new ideas on Taxes. That entire party is worthless and destroying the United States.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Good for your side. It is important that a party have a farm system to prepare people for higher office. DWS ignored that.
              "Good for your side"

No, good for America and the world.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Let the giveaway to the rich continue. Everything about the new Paul Ryan/Trump tax proposal is WRONG. WRONG WRONG WRONG. Brownback didn't have balls this big.
                stupid republicans

i'm going to come out and say that I probably don't pay enough taxes. Yes, some stupid righty will say "there is nothing stopping you from cutting a check and sending it to the U.S. treasury". Well instead of doing that, I contribute to multiple conservation organizations (Friends of Katahdin Woods and Waters National Monument, Natural Resources Council of Maine, Maine Coast Heritage Trust, Downeast Lakes Land Trust, Maine Farmland Trust, Access Fund, etc), which I view as additional tax that I _need_ to pay. I'd have no problem paying additional federal taxes on top of this, but only if that is combined with a massive reduction in defense spending. Having a few people volunteer to do so isn't going to fix it, everyone needs to pay more (well, maybe not everyone, but at lest anyone making over 100K). Even proposing tax cuts is irresponsible right now.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Seems like he was coerced into it. The guy received overnight viral popularity, and now he's throwing it away in an apology? Probably thought he would have been benched or cut.
                  Nice spin job Flaggy.
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                    The port in Ponce is bigger than you think. It can deal with two large container ships at the same time. Which is the entire point of the waiver- use the largest ships available to move the most stuff possible to repair as much as possible.

How you can brush that off is beyond me. Unlike Texas and Florida, Puerto Rico has no road to truck stuff down. No convoys of power companies will drive to the islands to rebuild. Ships are it
                    I doubt it's bigger than I think as I've been there.

It's less than 2 days from Port Everglades to PR by cargo ship. It's 1-2 days to offload, depending on the shape things are in there. So what, that takes at the most 6 ships to handle Ponce 24/7? There are 40 to 50 thousand US flagged cargo ships, plus Sealift Command has hundreds just waiting around. We can stuff 10,000 containers in Ponce in less than a week, no problem. That's IF it's operating at peak. But then what? Can they handle them from there? There's a lot more to the logistics then available ships. A lot. All this not withstanding the fact that they are using mostly barges anyway, (which there's no shortage of either) probably because they can jam them in on any accessible wharf space in San Juan.

The waiver has nothing to do with the ability to re-supply PR. It has to do with US (and probably PR) politics. "Trump is screwing the brown people again!" I'd add it's not ol' John McCain's first day in the political saddle.
                    Originally posted by WiscTJK
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                    Originally posted by Timothy A
                    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

That is what happens when you are the head of an Agency that you are fundamentally trying to destroy...
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/26/o...imes&smtyp=cur

Day by day Trump is turning us into a nation of different planets. Each planet feels more righteous about itself and is more isolated from and offended by the other planets.

The members of the educated class saw this past weekend’s N.F.L. fracas as a fight over racism. They felt mobilized and unified in that fight and full of righteous energy. Members of the working class saw the fracas as a fight about American identity. They saw Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin try to dissuade Alejandro Villanueva, a three-time combat veteran, from celebrating the flag he risked his life for. Members of this class also felt mobilized, unified and full of righteous energy.

I don’t know which planet is bigger, or which would win an election, but that frankly doesn’t matter. All that matters is that Trump is shredding the culture and ending the dominance of the meritocratic establishment.
                        Really need to read the whole thing to understand it. But this article more than any teaches the lesson of 2016.

Comment

Well that is already a dead plan. No chance it passes unless they change at least half of it.

They better hope they find a way to get it in fast because if not the midterms will be about their failure on Health Care and this tax reform.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...umn/704464001/

No new ideas on Health Care. No new ideas on Taxes. That entire party is worthless and destroying the United States.
                            That is awesome
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Well that is already a dead plan. No chance it passes unless they change at least half of it.

They better hope they find a way to get it in fast because if not the midterms will be about their failure on Health Care and this tax reform.
                              As I understand it this is another reconciliation bill and, also, I don't agree it doesn't pass. They only need Republicans and there isn't a single thing in it a Republican would vote against.

Comment

As I understand it this is another reconciliation bill and, also, I don't agree it doesn't pass. They only need Republicans and there isn't a single thing in it a Republican would vote against.
                                It is not revenue neutral so the Byrd Rule applies. It isnt gospel but it is a problem.

And the voters know all about this stuff, that is why 4 months ago when Graham brought it up at a rally he was booed off the stage and they chanted "your last term". Just like the electorate (even the Red Ones) got educated on Health Care they arent blind to what this is...
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X