X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Travel Part 2 - Where ya headed?

Originally posted by Painted_Bandit View Post
    So if the Packers play in London next year, I'm going. I was looking at possible flights to get an idea at what the cost might for airfare might be. The cheapest airline out of Chicago was Turkish Airlines, has anyone ever flown them before and if so, how was the experience?
    Turkish Airlines is good. And usually very reasonable. I've had pleasant experiences with their Ohare facilities, as have members of my family, who fly to Europe and Asia frequently.

Comment

Up close and personal in South Africa.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2015/0...mty_twitter_fn

Do not feed the lions!!
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Up close and personal in South Africa.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2015/0...mty_twitter_fn

Do not feed the lions!!
        My life would be complete after seeing something like that...
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Since the old photo thread is dead in the name of advertising revenue, here are a few from the past couple days of wandering...

I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
            My life would be complete after seeing something like that...
            No kidding. While obviously the headline about "shocked tourists" isn't backed up in the story, hey...if you want to caravan out there to see the real world...there it is. Nothing shocking about it at all.
            I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Those photos are amazing. And your post also answered not finding a photo thread.

Going to Bermuda this summer. Trying to figure out how to bring my good camera and take pictures. If I bring it and we go to a beach I have no way of securing it. There must be some way people deal with this but I haven't figured it out. I love my camera. Taking pics with a phone or a point and shoot is like drinking light beer. Any suggestions?

Also- Any hints, infor, little tips etc on Bermuda? Staying at Grotto Bay. Haven't been to the Island since we got married 28 yrs ago. Mr les didn't get the all inclusive pkg. Don't want to eat at the hotel every night. Anyone stay at GB and know what they offer?

PS- if someone asked this stuff already sorry. Don't have time to skim through all these pages.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                Those photos are amazing. And your post also answered not finding a photo thread.

Going to Bermuda this summer. Trying to figure out how to bring my good camera and take pictures. If I bring it and we go to a beach I have no way of securing it. There must be some way people deal with this but I haven't figured it out. I love my camera. Taking pics with a phone or a point and shoot is like drinking light beer. Any suggestions?

I always take mine to the beach and haven't had any problems although the beaches we've been to haven't been the most public beachy of beaches. Not like Rio or South Florida where there are people stacked upon people.

Most crimes in tourist areas are ones of opportunity. Make sure it's not easy to see and make sure there aren't sketchy individuals casing you.

I just wrap my camera bag in a towel or put it under our other crap.

Of course we are somewhat close to our stuff and probably wouldn't leave it alone to go snorkeling for an hour or something. Have never had a problem going swimming though.

I would never go on a trip without my gear.

Comment

Nice shots XYZ!

Comment

Lost the passport. Is it a hassle to get a new one???
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Lost the passport. Is it a hassle to get a new one???
                      That depends upon how quickly you need it.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        That depends upon how quickly you need it.
                        Next summer.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Start the process now and you'll be fine. I think the process takes about 3 months, unless you pay extra for the rush service.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Good article on yahoo about the dangers you might encounter in traveling.

https://www.yahoo.com/travel/tourist...638057767.html
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              Start the process now and you'll be fine. I think the process takes about 3 months, unless you pay extra for the rush service.
                              I think that really depends upon the time of year you apply. I applied for one last September so that I could subsequently get the NEXUS card for GE benefits, and they had mine sent out by early October - about 3 weeks from start to finish.

Now, if I had dawdled until November and I was planning on spending Christmas abroad, I probably would've had to pay the extra $100 to expedite it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                I always take mine to the beach and haven't had any problems although the beaches we've been to haven't been the most public beachy of beaches. Not like Rio or South Florida where there are people stacked upon people.

Most crimes in tourist areas are ones of opportunity. Make sure it's not easy to see and make sure there aren't sketchy individuals casing you.

I just wrap my camera bag in a towel or put it under our other crap.

Of course we are somewhat close to our stuff and probably wouldn't leave it alone to go snorkeling for an hour or something. Have never had a problem going swimming though.

I would never go on a trip without my gear.
                                I have >1200$ in camera and lenses. I am a little paranoid wrapping that in a towel. Don't want to be tethered to the thing but point and shoot would make me crazy

Comment

Working...
                                X