This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    The bottom line is that your anecdotal experience is not a substitute for actual medical research. You're getting a bit hysterical here.
    Maybe because you’ve got nothing left to say? If my experience means I’ve been lucky for years and years, I’m okay with that. It was a very easy comparison to draw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
      Maybe because you’ve got nothing left to say? If my experience means I’ve been lucky for years and years, I’m okay with that. It was a very easy comparison to draw.
      I wouldn't say you've been lucky since the risk was still small (I assume) despite not following the ideal schedule. But you're trying to suggest your experience was proof that you made the safest decision--which, of course, is ridiculous logic. That was the point I was making with my analogy--the one that you mentioned but totally sidestepped.
      Last edited by GrinCDXX; 10-07-2017, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
        I wouldn't say you've been lucky since the risk was still small (I assume) despite not following the ideal schedule. But you're trying to suggest your experience was proof that you made the safest decision--which, of course, is ridiculous logic. That was the point I was making with my analogy--the one that you mentioned but totally sidestepped.
        Hm. I missed the part where I even attempted to convey that. I made a decision based on two risks that I perceived. If delaying shots put kids at risk , the risk was so small the decision was easy for me. But I’ve been getting ripped saying my kids lives were at stake because of my negligence. That is insane.

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
          Hm. I missed the part where I even attempted to convey that.
          Yes, you must have. Here it is:

My reasoning is to protect my children to the best of my ability.
          Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          It doesn't look like your chosen method does what you're seeking and no one is lecturing you.
          Sure it does. No one I know has contracted any of these diseases and they are all protected. Mission accomplished.
          You're pretty clearly saying that the results prove that you succeeded in protecting them to the best of your ability. Once again, that's like saying the same thing after a year of not using car seats or seat belts during which you avoided getting into any accidents.

I will say though, while I take issue with your rationale as you've explained it, I'm not particularly comfortable with how far some of the criticism has gone. My 16 month old hasn't gotten his 15 month shots yet because he was too sick when he went in for his 15 month appointment (he's scheduled to get them this next week). His ped didn't seem particularly concerned about the delay.
          Last edited by GrinCDXX; 10-07-2017, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Here's an idea, take it to the medical thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
              Here's an idea, take it to the medical thread.
              Science thread. Will bump.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                Science thread. Will bump.
                Thank god...
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

http://d.gu.com/Pt4lTq

Yep. Rovers little brother knows his stuff.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I find it funny that Trump is now trolling the GOP saying he is working with the Dems to get a Health Care deal.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It is kind of like watching a psychotic patient who enjoys disrupting everything. So far there this week- we have N Korea, PR fiasco, rescinding of rights for LBGQ folk, removal of BC coverage and I am sure there is more but I can't keep up. The guy is a one man wrecking ball effing up every part of the societal fabric, attacking all fronts at once.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        It is kind of like watching a psychotic patient who enjoys disrupting everything. So far there this week- we have N Korea, PR fiasco, rescinding of rights for LBGQ folk, removal of BC coverage and I am sure there is more but I can't keep up. The guy is a one man wrecking ball effing up every part of the societal fabric, attacking all fronts at once.
                        Doing everything that he said he would. Our country is diseased and probably beyond repair.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          Must be even more happening with Russia behind the scenes. Gotta have the distractions.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            Must be even more happening with Russia behind the scenes. Gotta have the distractions.
                            I forgot all the stuff coming out from that. and Rex saying he is a moron. and

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              I forgot all the stuff coming out from that. and Rex saying he is a moron. and
                              Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Senator Bob Corker tweet this morning:
                                Senator Bob Corker @SenBobCorker
                                It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center. Someone obviously missed their shift this morning.

LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X