Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Well, the good vibes must have worked, because I feel I did well in the interview, and I got all the required paperwork in on time. Now I have one more interview to attend.

Also, my dad and I are scrambling to find a car, because the engine died on our current one, and it's not worth fixing.
    That's great! More prayers for your next interview and a car solution headed your way!
    Originally posted by Priceless
    Good to see you're so reasonable.
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
    Very well, said.
    Originally posted by Rover
    A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Pine Rest Christian Mental Health called; I have an interview with them next week Thursday at noon. It would be working with adolescents that the court sent to Pine Rest.
      As well as you have come to know us in this cafe, working with adolescents with mental health issues should be a piece of cake.

Good luck.

Comment

Okay, Hillshire Brands told me I'd be working 6-7 days a week, 8-10 hours a shift, in what amounts to a meat packing job. The interviewer warned me about the job conditions, at which I shrugged. Either way, I will know next week.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Okay, Hillshire Brands told me I'd be working 6-7 days a week, 8-10 hours a shift, in what amounts to a meat packing job. The interviewer warned me about the job conditions, at which I shrugged. Either way, I will know next week.
          Sounds like very physically demanding work. OTOH, excellent hours and you qualify for full benefits. I wish you well, though personally I could not stand up to that workload for long.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Wow, I've just read this entire thread, over a year's worth of stuff.

I hope things are well with each and every one of you.

And keep me in your thoughts, I've got a benign mass in my lower abdomen (a uterine fibroid) that is large enough to be pressing on other organs (bladder, rectum) and my sciatic nerve, and causing me much trouble at the moon time, and I have an appointment with a urogynecologist to figure out what to do about it come the end of the month.

We lost our "baby" guinea pig Brendan yesterday to old age (he was 5 2/3 years old, we've had him since he was a month old). He died in my arms. We are both heartbroken, and Mr. Badger is a very tenderhearted soul, he had a hard time keeping his composure at work. We are watching our other pig to see if he will do OK as a solo or if he will need companionship. (We originally got Patrick because Brendan was too socialized to us, and would want to be all over us when we'd come home from work. They didn't hate each other, but tolerated each other, and Patrick would pester Brendan for fun.)

But my band won their first competition in years on Saturday, winning Grade 4 and Best Pipe Band on the day at Wisconsin Highland Games. A shocking but vindicating result after a band exodus a few years ago which left me, the bass drummer, as drum sergeant and borrowing drummers from St. John's Northwestern Military Academy.

ShirtlessBob, I get your struggles with depression and anxiety totally. I also get your financial struggles. I hope all is well.

And yes, *bleep* cancer.
            Originally posted by Jack Layton's last words to Canada
            My friends, hope is better than anger, love is better than fear, optimism is better than despair. So let us be Hopeful, Loving, and Optimistic, and we'll change the world.

Comment

Badger- hope all works out. It is very, very hard to lose a loved one (pets are part of the family!)

Comment

4.5 years ago I received a lot of support on a predecessor to this thread when my wife of 38 years died. Yesterday I married a wonderful woman who in addition to liking sailing, golf and skiing, LOVES college hockey. There is always hope. Life is good!
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                  4.5 years ago I received a lot of support on a predecessor to this thread when my wife of 38 years died. Yesterday I married a wonderful woman who in addition to liking sailing, golf and skiing, LOVES college hockey. There is always hope. Life is good!
                  Congrats! I hope you two have wonderful life as you start your new lives together.
                  Originally posted by Skeeterman
                  Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                  "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                    I am really happy for you! As I've gotten older, it's become more and more important to know there is someone looking out for me, and that nobody should be alone. Many years of great happiness.
                    "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

That's awesome! Congratulations! May you make many great memories together!
                        Originally posted by Priceless
                        Good to see you're so reasonable.
                        Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                        Very well, said.
                        Originally posted by Rover
                        A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Just got off the phone with Pine Rest. Did not get the job I interviewed for, but was told that my name/information would be forwarded to other departments around the Pine Rest campus.

So I have very mixed feelings right now...
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Just got off the phone with Pine Rest. Did not get the job I interviewed for, but was told that my name/information would be forwarded to other departments around the Pine Rest campus.

So I have very mixed feelings right now...
                            Well, that sucks. Looking for jobs nowadays is as difficult as it's been in my lifetime, and that's a long time. The time I was unemployed was one of the toughest times of my life, because for men particularly, so much of what we are is what we do for a living. I hope you'll keep plugging, and keep contact with those who want to help you and who care about you. Any news from Hillshire Farms?

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                              Well, that sucks. Looking for jobs nowadays is as difficult as it's been in my lifetime, and that's a long time. The time I was unemployed was one of the toughest times of my life, because for men particularly, so much of what we are is what we do for a living. I hope you'll keep plugging, and keep contact with those who want to help you and who care about you. Any news from Hillshire Farms?
                              No. I am looking through my phone for their number, because they did tell me to call if I heard nothing from them.

But in terms of the job I do have, I might have just fallen into full time. One cart collector moved, and two more are moving up within the store, leaving me and one other person. The other person can't take more hours because of school, so I am hearing talk of getting full time hours. I should know more about that situation in a couple days. So... lucky bounce?

Comment

No. I am looking through my phone for their number, because they did tell me to call if I heard nothing from them.
                                Well, that just flat pizzes me off . They can't have good news for everyone, but if they called you in for an interview, IMO they owe a personal response. I guess I'm old-fashioned that way. Unfortunately, it sounds like it's become commonplace.

But in terms of the job I do have, I might have just fallen into full time. One cart collector moved, and two more are moving up within the store, leaving me and one other person. The other person can't take more hours because of school, so I am hearing talk of getting full time hours. I should know more about that situation in a couple days. So... lucky bounce?
                                Good luck with that, and it's nice to know that the extra hours are the result of promotions rather than turnover.

Comment

Working...
                                X