This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    He didn't have the Court, and with Loserman doing his prima donna act he didn't really have a supermajority.
    You and your fvckers better pass stuff Jan 2021
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Re: SCOTUS 10: Pack the Court!

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      You and your fvckers better pass stuff Jan 2021
      Amen, brother. I assume we can count on your vote?
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Amen, brother. I assume we can count on your vote?
        Mookie votes in MA

It’s in the bag

Comment

Even the whiners on daily kos have been having trouble getting their dander up on this one. If you sit out 3 consecutive elections why should I feel sorry for you? You're not losing your right to vote, you're choosing not to exercise it. If you decide you'd like to vote again, nothing's stopping you from re-registering.

Regarding the "oh there's no good choices" schtick, give me a fuking break already. In 3 elections you can't find anybody to vote for, from President, Congress, Gov, State legislature, Mayor, dog-catcher? Nobody? If you're that stupid maybe you should have to jump through an extra hoop in order to get your head out of your a ss. Obviously this is a voter suppression effort, but if these numbnuts aren't voting in the first place, what exactly are we suppressing? Perhaps these people will now realize the danger of allowing total GOP control of the government.

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          So if I dont use my right to assemble they can take that from me too?
          Bad comparison. You can assemble but you can't do it spontaneously in the middle of the interstate for example. This is more akin to you having a permit to holding an assembly, but then you decide to let it lapse. Whoever gave you that permit isn't violating your rights by revoking it for lack of use.
          Last edited by Rover; 06-12-2018, 09:33 AM.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

No same day registration is stopping them from re-registering for one...

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Mookie votes in MA

It’s in the bag
              Rep. State Rep. Judge.

Kill them all, man. If you want to have a reasonable GOP to vote for in your life time you have to KILL THEM ALL.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                You and Scooby act like same day registration is the only way that allows people to actually vote. Very few states allow same day registration, yet millions of people around the country vote in every election. How is that possible? Might it be that they don't actually wait until the last farking day to register?
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                  Then how about voting once over 3 elections? I vote every time, even in low level town elections. I don't vote in every race on the ballot if for example I'm not sure who will make the best cemetery commissioner, but I show up on election day. So either I'm a shining beacon of public participation, or I'm an average schlub who does the basics in order to get his voice heard.

Again, all the races taking place over 3 elections. President, Senate, House, Gov, State Senate, State House, Mayor, City/Town Council, Referendums. People can't find ANYTHING to vote for?

Problem with uber libs is you want to save people who can't be bothered to save themselves. I say fuk them. Either participate in the game or get reamed by a treasonous money laundering cult. Its not like Republicans, from the top to the bottom, aren't telegraphing exactly what they plan on doing to you.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Mookie writes in hisself. Always voted when in state.

For often than not for hisself
                    But cast votes

Comment

• Re: SCOTUS 10: Pack the Court!

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      You and Scooby act like same day registration is the only way that allows people to actually vote. Very few states allow same day registration, yet millions of people around the country vote in every election. How is that possible? Might it be that they don't actually wait until the last farking day to register?
                      You understand full well the argument that's being made, so stop pretending that you don't. It's the purging of voter rolls combined with lack of same day registration that has the potential to be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        No.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

VA has its primaries today.

You have to show ID to vote. Kep???
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                            You understand full well the argument that's being made, so stop pretending that you don't. It's the purging of voter rolls combined with lack of same day registration that has the potential to be a problem.
                            All of which could be avoided if these jack @ sses came out to vote in 1/3rd of the scheduled elections for any one of dozens of races on the ballot over that time.

I'm a pretty liberal guy. I'm not in the Bernie cult but I find GOP voter suppression tactics to be as un-American as all of their other treasonous actions (colluding with Russia, etc). However, that doesn't mean you have to sit back and take it. A little personal initiative here will go along way instead of waiting for the courts or Dems to save you, who you then turn around and reward by continuing to sit out elections.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              All of which could be avoided if these jack @ sses came out to vote in 1/3rd of the scheduled elections for any one of dozens of races on the ballot over that time.

I'm a pretty liberal guy. I'm not in the Bernie cult but I find GOP voter suppression tactics to be as un-American as all of their other treasonous actions (colluding with Russia, etc). However, that doesn't mean you have to sit back and take it. A little personal initiative here will go along way instead of waiting for the courts or Dems to save you, who you then turn around and reward by continuing to sit out elections.
                              No one is arguing that.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post

I too wish the electorate on the left were as reliable as the electorate on the right. It's a problem. But I'm still not happy that Republicans are being allowed to exploit it for their further advantage.
                                Last edited by GrinCDXX; 06-12-2018, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X