Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    There's very much a Lombardi/Price kind of feel to the guy... those are guys that win championships. Give me more Grecos.
    ^^^^^^ What he said. ^^^^^^
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

You can't win the big one without a mature, strong, smart 4th line. Wasn't Almeida the other guy on that line?

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
        ^^^^^^ What he said. ^^^^^^
        The problem lately is no finishers and too many 3rd and 4th liners.🏒🦅
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
          You can't win the big one without a mature, strong, smart 4th line. Wasn't Almeida the other guy on that line?
          It's unreal when you go back and look at their lineup for the 2010-2011 season. Better lineup than 2010 and 2012 title teams but didn't win it. Check out the linechart from that season. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            It's unreal when you go back and look at their lineup for the 2010-2011 season. Better lineup than 2010 and 2012 title teams but didn't win it. Check out the linechart from that season. Wow.
            I believe Jaden Schwartz had a little something to do with that. Totally agree with you. Amazing that they won it all the year before and the year after, but that roster was probably the most stacked of them all. It goes to show all it takes is one bad night at the wrong time, and none of it matters.
            The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
            BC - 12
            BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
              I believe Jaden Schwartz had a little something to do with that. Totally agree with you. Amazing that they won it all the year before and the year after, but that roster was probably the most stacked of them all. It goes to show all it takes is one bad night at the wrong time, and none of it matters.
              I'll tell you one thing. John Muse deserved a better ending than that.
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                I'll tell you one thing. John Muse deserved a better ending than that.
                He did, but I'm guessing his two rings provide some solace.
                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                BC - 12
                BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

So I just saw an updated projected mock draft for 2019, and it looks very good for BC. As of right now they have Alex Newhook at #2 overall, Cam York at #8, Matthew Boldy at #27, and Spencer Knight at #48. And frankly, I think Knight will be a higher pick than that.

Comment

Comment

That is certainly not a surprise

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmont_63 View Post
                        So I just saw an updated projected mock draft for 2019, and it looks very good for BC.
                        I think it's up for debate how good it is for BC.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          That is certainly not a surprise
                          Don’t you get mad when terriors make cuts??
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            Don’t you get mad when terriors make cuts??
                            No, no, no. It was the hypocrisy of one particular BU poster (doesn't post a lot anymore, prefers twitter). Guy loves criticizing BC for this but makes all sorts of excuses when BU does it).

I certainly don't love cutting players but it happens at every level of sports.

Comment

Honest question, and I only post it on this thread versus others due to timing - What are the differences between making cuts and the scholarship fiasco of the Cedorchuk/Milbury transition? Is it that the "cuts" are likely to players that hadn't been promised a scholarship? Has there been a change over the years in how scholarships are handed out in terms of number of years, full vs. partial, etc.? BU has certainly said goodbye to some players who were likely to not get playing time anyway (at least a handful from the last couple years of Parker recruiting bumped by the higher caliber recruits that followed Quinn's arrival). My thought is that most of those players weren't getting scholarships, or at least not full ones, but I really don't know.
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Tough to tell without knowing who is getting what. So many ways you can divvy it up, I have a headache just thinking about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X