This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Travel Part 2 - Where ya headed?

One other option is to head out to the Las Vegas Speedway. I think they still have the Mario Andretti driving experience business out there. I've never done it, but I have friends who I go to Vegas with who have tried it, and they had a blast. It was a little pricey, as I recall. Maybe around $400/person, but they got to drive an Indy-style car around the Speedway at about 150-160 mph. I think they give you a certain number of laps, or maybe a fixed amount of time.

You will have to sign a document that reads something like, "There is a pretty good chance you will die doing this, and if that happens, your relatives can't sue us because you acknowledge this is a pretty dumb thing to do." My friends said that just added to the rush.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
      Just about all of southern Utah is an absolute treasure.
      cold though this time of year!!
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          It's worth visiting the national parks there, and try to see them again in the summer. It's a very cool contrast at both Bryce and Zion Canyon NP.

Comment

I wouldn't bother with Hoover Dam. You have to pay to park, and unless you also pay for a plant tour, all you're looking at is an effing dam. I know you're an engineer, but still...

I would opt for Death Valley as a day trip this time of year. To get the most out of Zion, you need to be willing to hike steep trails for several miles. The best hiking at Zion (Observation Point, Hidden Canyon, Angel's Landing) will likely be cold, sloppy or frozen, and generally even more difficult and dangerous than it already is. The trails may even be closed if there's been a lot of snow.

Comment

Plus you’ll spend all your time looking for the dam bathroom.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                It's worth visiting the national parks there, and try to see them again in the summer. It's a very cool contrast at both Bryce and Zion Canyon NP.
                Good point
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Heading here for Christmas weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    Wow.

Well, Merry Christmas, Slap.

btw: it looks just like indoor water parks in Wisconsin Dells without the frosted windows in the background.
                    Last edited by burd; 12-21-2017, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

As if I didn't hate you enough already...

How is that different from the rest of the tropical paradise that you call home? Isn't the whole place a beach?

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll toss some of the ideas to my wife and let her decide, since she is the one that wants to get out of Vegas one day. I'd be perfectly happy sitting at a sports book drinking margaritas all day.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          Thanks for the suggestions. I'll toss some of the ideas to my wife and let her decide, since she is the one that wants to get out of Vegas one day. I'd be perfectly happy sitting at a sports book drinking margaritas all day.
                          Oh there is one more "national outdoor area" that hasn't been mentioned, and it's much closer to Vegas. Red Rock Canyon NCA.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            You can always see if Paul is in town
                            Code:
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              You can always see if Paul is in town
                              Its a helluva long flight from The Keys to Vegas...I doubt he has it in him.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

You’re probably right. But then again his summer home is in Canada and he flies down to the keys for the winter.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X