Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Got a 4 pack of a new Trillium-Omnipollo collab, Covered in Puppies, today. Didn’t even have to wait in line (cause my wife did). My office used to be a building away from Trillium, before they opened, or else I’d be dead. Now I have to settle for being 25 minutes away. And an hour from Tree House. Life is hard.
    BC Hockey 2008: NATIONAL CHAMPIONS... 2010 too now? OK then. 2012 or something? I can't keep up with this.

Anonymous Random Neg Rep Posted at 10:19 PM, 4/12/08, Moments After BC Won the National Title
    After Mom and Dad's checks stop coming, where will you be, loser?

Comment

Originally posted by Case_04 View Post
      Got a 4 pack of a new Trillium-Omnipollo collab, Covered in Puppies, today. Didn’t even have to wait in line (cause my wife did). My office used to be a building away from Trillium, before they opened, or else I’d be dead. Now I have to settle for being 25 minutes away. And an hour from Tree House. Life is hard.
      Wife Mule!

Omnipollo is a little underrated, IMO. I know bbdl was recently at the source. Lucky bastige.

And as far as waiting in line for beer, with the right crowd it is very fun. A giant tailgate and people bring out some whales at times, or at least shelfie whales.*

*Whale: stuff that lasts about 2 hours at stores, if that, or brewery-release-only beers.

Shelfie: you can find anywhere.
      Shelfie Whale: stuff that will be around for about a week or two, then POOF it's suddenly gone.

Edit: this last Darkness Eve, someone brought a keg (yes a keg) of Revolution Straight Jacket BA Barleywine (they are based in Chicago, AFAIK can't get Revolution here).
      Last edited by The Rube; 12-08-2017, 10:05 PM.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Maybe. Not unless we’re taking at least a grand.
        Drink shelfies at home, alone, on the couch? Or drink whales in an alley behind a brewery in St. Paul in the rain with a bunch of strangers? To me, the choice is obvious.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Case_04 View Post
          Do you want a MN trading partner? I would be very happy about trading for some Trillium and Tree House...
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Omnipollo is a little underrated, IMO. I know bbdl was recently at the source. Lucky bastige.
            Omnipollo is great. Really, really good beer. The taproom in Stockholm, Omnipollos hatts, is pretty small, but they were really friendly, and the beer was awesome. The bartender got some stuff from the cellar for me to try when I was there, and one of them was an Omnipollo-Trillium Collab, it was an imperial pastry stout and it was really good. The Barrel Aged Noa (pecan mud cake) was the best though, that was just about a perfect beer. Also tried the burger and fries IPA, Hilma, and it was good, didn't taste much like a burger or fries. I have a bottle of Omnipollo Selasse, which is a coffee vanilla stout, that I might be opening this coming weekend.

In addition to Omnipollo, if you find Dugges around, get it. They're located on the opposite side of Sweden, near Goteborg, and they also make **** good beer. Had a Jamaican Rum barrel aged barleywine from Dugges when I was in Goteborg that was sublime. #BIL

RIP - Kirby

Comment

How does "arak" taste? It's all over my local ABC. Arabic writing (عرق), from Lebanon, anisette based. Is it like ouzo? It's also used in the Scandinavian drink "punsch," if any of our Hordes from the North know that.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                How does "arak" taste? It's all over my local ABC. Arabic writing (عرق), from Lebanon, anisette based. Is it like ouzo? It's also used in the Scandinavian drink "punsch," if any of our Hordes from the North know that.
                There are a whole bunch of anise flavored liquors, that are all very similar, but not quite the same, from around the world. I would imagine it is similar to Greek Ouzo, Czech Becherovka, Colombian Aguardiente, etc. The Nordics have Aquavit (Akvavit), which isn't really anise flavored, but the same idea of a spiced/flavored clear liquor similar to a gin, but with different botanicals.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  There are a whole bunch of anise flavored liquors, that are all very similar, but not quite the same, from around the world. I would imagine it is similar to Greek Ouzo, Czech Becherovka, Colombian Aguardiente, etc. The Nordics have Aquavit (Akvavit), which isn't really anise flavored, but the same idea of a spiced/flavored clear liquor similar to a gin, but with different botanicals.
                  So these are all light table manners liquors, not I'm serious to get f-cked up vehicles?
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    So these are all light table manners liquors, not I'm serious to get f-cked up vehicles?
                    I would say, in most cases, they're a little bit of both. Yeah, they are drank as an after-dinner desert kind of drink in the regions where the liquor originates from, but at the same time, you're likely to find people also getting blitzed on them as well. For example, when I was in Colombia, Aguardiente was served/offered as a drink after the meal, but later, at the bar/club that we went to, they served it by the bottle and the people were getting hammered off the stuff.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I got a new wine rack due to my expanding collection. I was moving a few beers around and one of the 750 mL bottles had the bottom completely blow out.

Watch out for LTD Amy’s Dream.

Ugh. 👎
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I got a new wine rack due to my expanding collection. I was moving a few beers around and one of the 750 mL bottles had the bottom completely blow out.

Watch out for LTD Amy’s Dream.

Ugh. 👎
                        A friend of mine had that happen with a 2007 Darkness this past year. From what I know, it happens on rare occasion and it's completely random. Yes, he stored it correctly.

Founders CBS was tapped last night at Eden Prairie Old Chicago. Still had some left tonight, I was very surprised, and happy, since I couldn't make it last night. On tap, that maple is popping, much more than the bottles right now. For the bottles, wait 6 months or so, then it'll really pop.

And Willettized Lagunitas is insanely good. You want that booziness? Find some of this stuff. Only about $3 per bottle, too. That's a nice bonus.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I think I stored it correctly. Oh well. In moving things around I also noticed another bottle had sprung a pinhole leak. Luckily it dropped on other bottles and the wood rack. No damage but the bottle is going to go.
                          Code:
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I think I stored it correctly. Oh well. In moving things around I also noticed another bottle had sprung a pinhole leak. Luckily it dropped on other bottles and the wood rack. No damage but the bottle is going to go.
                            I'm gonna guess you did. You have enough knowledge of storing beer and such. Upright, no light, cellar temp, blah blah blah.

Comment

Upright? I always store sideways. Just like wine.

Everything else is in line.
                              Code:

Comment

Upright? I always store sideways. Just like wine.

Everything else is in line.
                                Nononononono, you store beer upright.

Comment

Working...
                                X