This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 196: Spam, Spam, Spam

I always wonder who puts together their english language emails. Laughable that anyone reads that and takes it seriously based on grammar and word choices alone.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

In a real bad mood right now. Found out earlier this week I was not selected to referee at the State High School Soccer Championship. Normally this would just be a disappointment that I could move on from but found out news that has me absolutely PO’d.

Referees are selected via nominations from referees, coaches, administrators etc., or so we thought. Turns out anyone can fill out a nomination form, and one of the people selected had numerous friends and family fill out forms with her name on it (and potentially other referees as well).

I’m absolutely livid and astounded that something so unethical and unprofessional was not only able to occur but also rewarded. I’m also angry that the only real reaction has been “well it sucks but there’s nothing we can do.” There’s no telling how many referees were cheated out of a spot by this action.

In addition, said referee has a younger brother playing for a school that will likely be playing in the tournament, meaning that team has now influence who referees in the tournament.

But hey, there’s nothing they can do...
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
        I always wonder who puts together their english language emails. Laughable that anyone reads that and takes it seriously based on grammar and word choices alone.
        Isn't that the truth! Then again I think of one RPI poster whose English is almost as bad.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          In a real bad mood right now. Found out earlier this week I was not selected to referee at the State High School Soccer Championship. Normally this would just be a disappointment that I could move on from but found out news that has me absolutely PO’d.

Referees are selected via nominations from referees, coaches, administrators etc., or so we thought. Turns out anyone can fill out a nomination form, and one of the people selected had numerous friends and family fill out forms with her name on it (and potentially other referees as well).

I’m absolutely livid and astounded that something so unethical and unprofessional was not only able to occur but also rewarded. I’m also angry that the only real reaction has been “well it sucks but there’s nothing we can do.” There’s no telling how many referees were cheated out of a spot by this action.

In addition, said referee has a younger brother playing for a school that will likely be playing in the tournament, meaning that team has now influence who referees in the tournament.

Sad.

Adults suck.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
            Northeast Regional:
            West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Morning, peeps! Last shift until Tuesday night. 2.5 hours to go...

Comment

s’upp y’all
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Sounds like he's prepping for a career as in FIFA!

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                    Twenty red lights in his honor
                    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Good Morning Lodge! Finals are done. Now all the 'paperwork' BS and some correcting.

lilnsl is racing in Baltimore this weekend in AE COnference championship. Very proud of him!

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        Good Morning Lodge! Finals are done. Now all the 'paperwork' BS and some correcting.

lilnsl is racing in Baltimore this weekend in AE COnference championship. Very proud of him!
                        Are you making the trip?

Home this afternoon. Spent this morning volunteering with fellow employees. Now I need to contact a plumber to see when he can come this afternoon. I called him Wednesday to see if he was available this afternoon. Trying to be proactive about replacing my hot water heater before I have to replace my hot water heater. Hope he can come soon, would like to try to get a mani/pedi today.

Comment

Pull a Charles Robinson mid match.
                          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                            Pull a Charles Robinson mid match.
                            You mean this?
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Precisely. And don't Titus O'Neil it.
                              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Found out earlier today that a great Chinese food restaurant in my home town was on fire earlier today. No injuries, but some damage. Ever since I found out, I've wanted Chinese food. Wound up getting take out. Yum.

Got a hold of someone in the Mass DOR to find out where my state tax refund was. They cut a check on March 28th. I never received it. They're stopping payment on the initial one and cutting me a new check.

Comment

Working...
                                X