X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who is in your Deadpool for Solo: Infinity War

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    Coming to a theater near you, Bill & Ted 3.
    It is kind of old news, but it is good news. And the story sounds quite good and both Alex and Keanu are fully into the story.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Chasing The Dragon:
      An illegal immigrant from Mainland China sneaks into corrupt British-colonized Hong Kong in 1963, transforming himself into a ruthless and emerging drug lord.

Donnie Yen stars (Ip Man movies, Rogue One, and Hero are the movies I've seen him in). Very good action/drama. Subtitled, of course. Good "brotherhood" storylines, crossing lawful and unlawful, customs, honor, all that jazz that comes with Asian culture. Worth a couple hours of your time.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        ...(and the expected CBS/Viacom merger)...
        Wait, they're not? I thought they already were one family?

Or do they each own just enough stock of each other's company to stay separate still?
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Finally saw Avengers. I liked it but was not blown away. Top two are still civil war and black Panther for me.

...Avengers had a scene reminiscent of the Phantom Menace with a zillion cgi monsters fighting the heroes in a dome. It’s beating a dead horse I know but the reason it works here is we care about these characters due to the strength of their stories.
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            Wait, they're not? I thought they already were one family?

Or do they each own just enough stock of each other's company to stay separate still?
            The more I read the weirder it is. I mean they are sister companies but every time there is an attempt to merge them CBS blocks it. Moonves can only do that for so long though.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

MoviePass filed with the SEC that they will have to alter their business plan. It has two months of funding left. So either MP
              Raises prices significantly
              Dramatically reduces the number of movies a customer can watch each month
              Gets an infusion of cash from some insane venture capitalist
              All of the above

The HNMY stock has fallen 40% today and is now trading under $1 after being almost $40/share last summer.

Comment

Mudbound:

During the WWII era, a white family buys land that is rented and kept up by a black family. Issues come up.

VERY well done. It was raw, real, little sensationalism. Slow-paced, and it needed to be.It was at least half-narrated, by all the main characters, so it was sort of a diary aspect. Highly recommend.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Anon:

Future society where technology makes privacy COMPLETELY obsolete, a detective has to track down an assassin with no record or ID whatsoever.

Well done movie, total mindf* at times, since you can make up whatever you want as far as technology goes. Really bends on what can be real and what can be real. Definitely recommend.

Comment

Lady Bird:

Coming of age movie. HS Senior who lives in Sacremento wants to go to college on the east coast. Very solid movie for this subject matter. It's awkward, touching, raw, real, all of it. Saoirse Ronan (who plays the senior) and Laurie Metcalf (the mom; still probably known for the tv show Roseanne) are excellent in their roles.

Darc:

Interpol recruits a hardened criminal to go undercover in the Yakuza (Japanese mafia) to rescue a cop's daughter. Basically a one-man-army movie, shades of Taken, and of course, suspend your belief for a bit. Great action, although wooden acting at times (I blame the writing itself, as other times the acting is quite good). Decent Saturday (or Sunday ) afternoon time-killer. I do commend the movie on showing some of the true traditions/practices of the Yakuza (very key part towards the end of the movie: the "processing" of the body towards the end of the movie, for various reasons.

Comment

Reasonable Doubt:

Up-and-coming District Attorney, Mitch Brockton is involved in a fatal hit-and-run, but Clinton Davis, is found with the body and charged with murder. Believing that Davis is innocent, Brockton is compelled to throw the trial. Soon after, Brocton's perfect life begins to unravel as he realizes that the man he set free is hiding a secret that will destroy him.

What could have been....they should have stuck with the simple morality struggle of the first part of the above description, but nope, they continued the downward spiral of twists and turns and cat and mouse, and it ends horrible. Not only suspend belief for a lot of it, but toss out all legalities involved, and it's not even close. Oh, confessions? Never mind those, it was for a greater cause. Solid evidence? Forget about that, too, we'll just leave that alone. Blech.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        Lady Bird:

Coming of age movie. HS Senior who lives in Sacremento wants to go to college on the east coast. Very solid movie for this subject matter. It's awkward, touching, raw, real, all of it. Saoirse Ronan (who plays the senior) and Laurie Metcalf (the mom; still probably known for the tv show Roseanne) are excellent in their roles.
                        [/COLOR]
                        Great movie, my favorite of the last Oscar this far. (Well maybe Get Out too.) Sort of helps being within a few years of the main character age-wise (as it's set in 2003), makes some of the things feel more familiar.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                          Great movie, my favorite of the last Oscar this far. (Well maybe Get Out too.) Sort of helps being within a few years of the main character age-wise (as it's set in 2003), makes some of the things feel more familiar.
                          I was a bit older in 2003, but the emotions of the movie were really good. Get Out is still prob my fave movie of last year; great movie.

Comment

Glover did four amazing things in the space of one year (Get Out, "Red Bone," Atlanta, "This is America"). It will be interesting to see what he does with Lando. SW is a pure entertainment franchise with nothing going on above the neck and so he's going to have to really, really dumb it down, but I think he can do that and just be mindlessly funny (he did that charmingly in Community).

Also, a "throwaway" funny role for someone with such a great mind can be extremely entertaining (c.f., Welles, Pryor, Martin) because of the self-reference. I wouldn't be surprised if he completely casts off all his other personae for the role and is a whole new thing. I'm beginning to think he can do anything.

If there's an Entertainer of the Year it's obviously him.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 05-15-2018, 10:17 AM.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Largely agreed but what was his involvement with Get Out (other than "Redbone" being in the movie)?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                                Largely agreed but what was his involvement with Get Out (other than "Redbone" being in the movie)?
                                I thought he had a significant role in its direction and/or writing with Peele. I could be completely wrong.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X