Northern Michigan Alumni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northern Michigan Alumni

Yikes! All that was listed was "head" for the injury, so I just assumed it was a concussion. (Once you get the first one, you're more easily susceptible to getting concussions again)
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Oystie had 2 goals tonight in Portland's 5-3 win over Manchester. Also playing in the game was Ray Kaunisto for Manchester. He had 2 mins for Cross Checking and was pretty much a non factor. Oystie's two goals came on the Powerplay, which he looked really strong on.
      Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
      1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
      1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
      2006-2007: 15-24-2
      2007-2008: 20-20-4
      2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        Yikes! All that was listed was "head" for the injury, so I just assumed it was a concussion. (Once you get the first one, you're more easily susceptible to getting concussions again)
        That could have been the ultimate factor. The info I got was from a while ago (right about after it happened), and a concussion is seeming more likely since some sites have him listed as "Out Indefinitely"

Comment

Originally posted by NMUPete View Post
          That could have been the ultimate factor. The info I got was from a while ago (right about after it happened), and a concussion is seeming more likely since some sites have him listed as "Out Indefinitely"
          Oh great. Hopefully the NMU alum didn't study too well and set the baseline for his concussion test too high...

Saw that happen in Chicago (AHL) with a Harvard hockey d-man last season. Set his baseline test too high and couldn't pass it for six weeks even though he was symptom free and cleared by the doctors to play.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

With Pronger out for another couple weeks the Philadelphia Flyers have called up Erik Gustafsson.

Comment

Originally posted by NMUPete View Post
              With Pronger out for another couple weeks the Philadelphia Flyers have called up Erik Gustafsson.
              I see they made some salary cap room by putting Schenn on LTIR.

Saw that Mark finally was cleared to ride the exercise bike... I got a hunch that he did have a concussion.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Article on Matt Walker and now that the flyers have put him on waivers, what it could mean for Gustafsson.

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...waivers-flyers

Comment

Elite Prospects has done a good job of making my random updates seem lacking.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/where_...=&order=League

Every former player (even the one year transfers) who is currently playing hockey somewhere in 2011-12.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I came upon this just now through a series of friends facebook posts. Thought everyone viewing this might like it. Spady fighting: http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...u4Dfp.facebook

Comment

Well Gustafsson is out for 6 weeks with wrist surgery. I wouldn't be surprised if they sent him back down to the AHL for rehab.

Comment

Uhoh. Seems Santorelli has fallen into the rut that he had with Nashville.

From the Twitter world:

@OnFrozenPond: Mike Santorelli has been in#FlaPanthers doghouse for his play the past few games; spent most of 3rd on bench v #Sabres...only 9:20 on Fri

@OnFrozenPond: I'm sure we'll see Mike Santorelli back for #FlaPanthers on Tuesday v #NJDevils ... This is just a kick in his pants

@hfialkov: Dineen said Santorelli got to earn his way back into playing time #nhl #flapanthers

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Updated to reflect changes to Gussy and Olver. Both are with their respective AHL clubs now. Mark is still recovering (presumably, he has been removed from the Avalanche lineup and placed on their "In the System" roster).

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Gussy had 2 assists in his first game after being reassigned following wrist surgery. He'll probably see action tonight as his team plays in the AHL's outdoor classic in Philly. It's scheduled to be rebroadcast on the NHL Network tomorrow at 4:00.

Comment

Gustafsson is back in the NHL. There are some rumblings that he was brought up to showcase his talents for a trade.

Comment

Great timing for Directv to have a free week of NHL Center Ice!

Gustafsson gets his first career NHL goal and it comes against the Buffalo Sabres' Ryan Miller who came in relief in the second period.

Comment

Working...
                                X