Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeast Regional - March 25-26: Minnesota, UMass-Lowell, Cornell and Notre Dame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeast Regional - March 25-26: Minnesota, UMass-Lowell, Cornell and Notre Dame

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Good luck in Chicago
    Shhhh...no jinxes.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

• Re: Northeast Regional - March 25-26: Minnesota, UMass-Lowell, Cornell and Notre Dame

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
      Shhhh...no jinxes.
      I watched the HE game, men against boys
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
        I watched the HE game, men against boys
        Shhhh
        BS UMass Lowell 2015
        PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Rabid Gopher View Post
          Embarrassing.
          This is pretty hilarious coming about fifteen hours after MN fans were laughing like hyenas at the demise of NoDak. More laughs are being directed at the Gophers after this laid egg.
          Chris V
          Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
            This is pretty hilarious coming about fifteen hours after MN fans were laughing like hyenas at the demise of NoDak. More laughs are being directed at the Gophers after this laid egg.
            Today is for laughing at BU.
            BS UMass Lowell 2015
            PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
              Today is for laughing at BU.
              Oh, I'm all for laughing at BU! Lowell will knife Notre Dame tomorrow and steamroll its way to Chicago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              Chris V
              Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                traffic jam getting out of lowell this morning? lot of empty seats.

didn't catch any providence games, but what was the bet between whether umlol would bring more vs pc bringing more?
                I had people next to me arriving after the 1st who had been trying to park for an hour. Sounds like if you didn't get in early there was nothing.

Not surprised but disappointed that Manchvegas snafu last time was not an anomaly. On the other hand- the building staff were wonderful. Helpful, friendly and good humored.

Comment

Ya just a total debacle from the city of Manchester. I ended up parking at fratello's and made the 20 minute walk. Got into arena about halfway thru first.

Seemed like concessions were always jammed up, just kept walking around the concourse till they cleared once the game started back up. Food was actually pretty good for arena stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    I had people next to me arriving after the 1st who had been trying to park for an hour. Sounds like if you didn't get in early there was nothing.

Not surprised but disappointed that Manchvegas snafu last time was not an anomaly. On the other hand- the building staff were wonderful. Helpful, friendly and good humored.
                    I spoke to a Lowell fan who was in town by 11:30 but didn't get into game until middle of the second due to problems finding parking. Exit 5 offramp was backed up at 10:30 and drivers at one point were having passengers just get out and walk as it was gridlock. For me, it paid to be there by 8am and have breakfast, pick of parking and plenty of time for the pregame event. The vast majority of Lowell fans appeared to heed the warnings as I was expecting many more late arrivals. Parade timing should be interesting tomorrow.
                    Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Ya just a total debacle from the city of Manchester. I ended up parking at fratello's and made the 20 minute walk. Got into arena about halfway thru first.

Seemed like concessions were always jammed up, just kept walking around the concourse till they cleared once the game started back up. Food was actually pretty good for arena stuff.
                      Hopefully, the NCAA Committee will change venues and take a look at some other cities other than Manchvegas. The Arena is fine but the City of Manchester leaves alot to be desired (at least the downtown area). First visit to downtown Manchester and my impression was what a dump! Here is hoping that Portland, Maine (has applied to the NCAA to host) gets a shot at hosting a Regional. Great downtown with the Old Port, outstanding restaurants, many bars, hotels and a thriving craft brew scene. It's a great City to visit. The Arena is a bit small as far as capacity (around 7,000) but had a renovation a few years ago and is much improved. Oh yeh, and parking wouldn't be a problem either!!

Comment

Originally posted by pmcdonald View Post
                        ...Here is hoping that Portland, Maine (has applied to the NCAA to host) gets a shot at hosting a Regional. Great downtown with the Old Port, outstanding restaurants, many bars, hotels and a thriving craft brew scene. It's a great City to visit. The Arena is a bit small as far as capacity (around 7,000) but had a renovation a few years ago and is much improved. Oh yeh, and parking wouldn't be a problem either!!
                        I have never been to their arena, but the city of Portland would be a great location.
                        University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                          ...Exit 5 offramp was backed up at 10:30 and drivers at one point were having passengers just get out and walk as it was gridlock...
                          I wrote this on a different thread - yesterday I took Rte 93 and got off the Candia Road exit. I ended up parking about 2 blocks away from the arena in a residential neighborhood and did not need to arrive exceptionally early. No traffic. No problems. No parking ticket.
                          University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

And they ran out of peanuts very early in the game,...no peanuts?? Sacre-bleu!

Comment

Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
                              I wrote this on a different thread - yesterday I took Rte 93 and got off the Candia Road exit. I ended up parking about 2 blocks away from the arena in a residential neighborhood and did not need to arrive exceptionally early. No traffic. No problems. No parking ticket.
                              Did the same. Google Maps warned me about Exit 5 so I got off on Candia and took the back way in, took a side street and found a shared parking lot on Willow. No parking ticket and got to see both games.

Comment

Originally posted by pmcdonald View Post
                                Hopefully, the NCAA Committee will change venues and take a look at some other cities other than Manchvegas. The Arena is fine but the City of Manchester leaves alot to be desired (at least the downtown area). First visit to downtown Manchester and my impression was what a dump! Here is hoping that Portland, Maine (has applied to the NCAA to host) gets a shot at hosting a Regional. Great downtown with the Old Port, outstanding restaurants, many bars, hotels and a thriving craft brew scene. It's a great City to visit. The Arena is a bit small as far as capacity (around 7,000) but had a renovation a few years ago and is much improved. Oh yeh, and parking wouldn't be a problem either!!
                                I would have to disagree with the dump part. Unfortunately we were stuck south of Granite Street yesterday and that area is kinda dumpy. The area north is a pretty good downtown with lots of restaurants, pubs, etc., not bad actually and certainly better than Worcester, Bridgeport, and Albany. Strange Brew pub, Red Arrow Diner, and many others are found up there but unfortunately it was inaccessible unless you were on foot for most of the day. Saw a lot of Lowell fans up in that neck of the woods later on like at the Red Arrow so unfortunately your first impressions are a bit tainted given where we were stuck yesterday and the ridiculousness on the part of Manchester to be hosting three major events at the same time, creating traffic and parking chaos.
                                Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X