X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    What a difference a week makes (and opponent.)

*yawn*

For you baseball fans out there. Remember 2015 when the Red Sox neglected to sign John Lester, traded him, and thought they could sign him in the off-season and didn't? Their pitching staff was devoid of an ace. When asked about this, John Farrell said: "I have five number one's." (He didn't.). That's what this collection of forwards feels like. Four number one lines (Not really.). This won't work in the long term. I hope they figure it out.

For Scarlet: I can't believe it took me a season and four games to realize this, but Patrick Curry is #11 and from Schaumburg, IL. Like another #11 from a certain NC team with the same first name as my son. #UselessFactsFor$100Alex

BU Hockey: Need an Identity
    If you tell me that DQ almost booted Curry from the team this offseason but Bobo and Hickey stormed DQ's office to keep him on the team, I'd tell you there's something in the water.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
      If you tell me that DQ almost booted Curry from the team this offseason but Bobo and Hickey stormed DQ's office to keep him on the team, I'd tell you there's something in the water.
      Hah - I forgot that story about Cohen.

If his goal with 1 minute left doesn't sneak past the Miami goalie, Gilroy to Bonino to TIE IT UP! UNBELIEVABLE! doesn't happen. He also had that first goal of the three goal storm back in the HE semis against BC.
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

That's what this collection of forwards feels like. Four number one lines (Not really.). This won't work in the long term. I hope they figure it out.
        Yeah, things haven't clicked yet for some guys, hopefully that changes.
        - Crone (1 assist) has fallen from top line to in and out of the line-up
        - Olsson, who DQ has raved about the impact of getting him back for two years in a row now, barely saw any ice time the last game I watched (Denver).
        - Tkachuk, after looking like a beast against Union, is still looking for his first goal.

There is definitely above average talent at forward on this team, but the system isn't bringing out their strengths yet, whether it is actual plays, chemistry, etc.

Is there still no answer as to whether or not Chabot is injured? IMHO, he should be a regular 4th liner. Along with Phelps. This team needs their maturity/experience. If and when this team finds their groove, Curry should be on the third line. He is a grit player with a nose for the net.

Comment

Following on the post below, if I were DQ, I would go with this for the next 5-6 games and see if things start gelling (I agree that the constant changes make it a challenge):

Harper-Carpenter-Tkachuk
          Crone-Bowers-Greenway
          Olsson-Curry-Cockerill
          Phelps-Chabot-Amonte/Melanson/Cloonan

I think Crone has the skill to be on the top 2 lines, it just hasn't clicked for him yet. Melanson hasn't really done a lot to impress, his speed has not been much of a factor. Cloonan is almost a year and a half into not scoring a goal. I like Amonte's game generally, but he still has some work to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
            Hah - I forgot that story about Cohen.

If his goal with 1 minute left doesn't sneak past the Miami goalie, Gilroy to Bonino to TIE IT UP! UNBELIEVABLE! doesn't happen. He also had that first goal of the three goal storm back in the HE semis against BC.
            https://youtu.be/ZCCHTNn8vsY
            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

defkit, you saw that Olsson and Curry were on the first line last night, right? Curry was the hardest worker out there. I really like his spunk.

I too forgot that Zach Cohen story. He really was a key guy on that team.
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                But I have to say, given that it took me close to 45 minutes to drive the 5 miles home after 10pm last night, I can seen people not wanting to deal with the traffic. What the ever loving h-e-double hockey sticks is going on with Comm Ave? Is this still all follow up work from closing that Comm Ave bridge back in August?
                Speaking of which the new traffic pattern that the rent a cops have set up for leaving Agganis is brutal. No more turning right out of the Agganis parking garage to head east on comm ave? So to head east you have to sit in the line of cars heading west then do a u turn at at Anthony’s? Ugh.

Comment

You can turn right. I did. Though I stayed after the game for a bit. I think they do that because the traffic heading east on Comm Ave is so bad, they don't want to add any additional cars.

And Bomber, it was 59.5 seconds. . Ah, memories. Matt Gilroy was inducted in to the BU Hall of Fame today. He's playing overseas so wasn't able to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    Matt Gilroy was inducted in to the BU Hall of Fame today. He's playing overseas so wasn't able to be there.
                    Will there be some kind of acknowledgement tonight?
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

You can turn right. I did. Though I stayed after the game for a bit. I think they do that because the traffic heading east on Comm Ave is so bad, they don't want to add any additional cars.

And Bomber, it was 59.5 seconds. . Ah, memories. Matt Gilroy was inducted in to the BU Hall of Fame today. He's playing overseas so wasn't able to be there.
                      Interesting… all three games i've been to this year they have not allowed it. Although I left exactly at the end of the game each time, so maybe they relax it as the parking lot empties out a bit.

Whatever their reasoning, It adds about 10 minutes to the commute home compared to last year when I would always turn right out of the garage.

Comment

Matt Gilroy was inducted in to the BU Hall of Fame today. He's playing overseas so wasn't able to be there.
                        That's weird they didn't coordinate a date that he could be there, either this year or even after his career is over. He's gotta be like 45 now, so that'll probably be soon right?
                        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                          That's weird they didn't coordinate a date that he could be there, either this year or even after his career is over. He's gotta be like 45 now, so that'll probably be soon right?
                          Well if he's playing professionally, it'd be difficult to find a date where his season and BU's didn't coincide.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                            Well if he's playing professionally, it'd be difficult to find a date where his season and BU's didn't coincide.
                            Just saw he's at Jokerit and I could be wrong, but I had heard the KHL is taking almost the entire month of February off for the Olympics.
                            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

They will be acknowledging all inductees between periods of tonight’s game I believe. And the Athletic Department honors/inducts athletes from sports other than hockey so they most likely didn’t change this ceremony because one of the inductees was out of the country. Saw his dad in the photo with all the inductees with their blazers.

Comment

defkit, you saw that Olsson and Curry were on the first line last night, right? Curry was the hardest worker out there. I really like his spunk.

I too forgot that Zach Cohen story. He really was a key guy on that team.
                                I saw that they were, didn't see any of the game. Glad to hear Curry continued to work hard. And I don't have an issue with rewarding hard workers. I just feel that if he is on one of the top two lines at the midway point in the season, I will view that as a bad sign that one of the higher skill guys is not contributing enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X