Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

I was playing the game OOTP 15, and Milwaukee won the 2015 World Series. So they don't stink everywhere.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

You know what helps a losing streak? Playing other ****ty teams.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
        You know what helps a losing streak? Playing other ****ty teams.
        Still this.

KD starts a 5 game rehab stint. Hopefully back soon, although Parra and Peterson have not been terrible fill-ins.

Happy Deadline Season!

Comment

They should pay people to watch this series. It's exactly what I would expect from the two worst teams in baseball. Painful.

I can't believe they won that game.

But - the Brewers were .500 in June!!!! .500!!!! Incredible. Their first .500 month since LAST June.

Comment

I... uh... take full blame for being the winning streak killer. I was at last night's game with my wife.

(And I may be going again tonight depending on ticket availability on StubHub...)
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              I... uh... take full blame for being the winning streak killer. I was at last night's game with my wife.

(And I may be going again tonight depending on ticket availability on StubHub...)
              you went, didn't you?

surprising fact of the day, via Joe Block - the Brewers lead the NL Central in runs scored.

unsurprising fact of the day - the Brewers also lead the NL Central in runs given up.
              Last edited by jen; 07-08-2015, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jen View Post
                you went, didn't you?
                Ha! No.

I was [ ] close to buying tickets when I got off work, picking up my wife from her work, and driving up though. She had to work late so we stayed home.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I am looking forward to what I assume will be some very creative language in the midseason grades in the newspaper. How many different ways can one say "bad"?

Comment

17-6 since June 23rd. Craig Counsell has a winning record.

Comment

• Originally posted by jen View Post
                      17-6 since June 23rd. Craig Counsell has a winning record.
                      Must be the roaming cougar/lion. A good luck charm!
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

only 9 games out of the wild card!
                        Originally posted by Twitch Boy
                        Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

Aramis to the Pirates.
                          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Carlos Gomez for Zack Wheeler and Wilmer Flores is practically official. And the purge begins.

Comment

If Wheeler comes back strong from TJ you've got a great starter still under control for 4 years. This trade may turn out to be a steal for Milwaukee.

Flores is a solid bat who won't take a walk to save his life. He's a cromulent shortstop; I have no idea where you intend to play him.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                If Wheeler comes back strong from TJ you've got a great starter still under control for 4 years. This trade may turn out to be a steal for Milwaukee.

Flores is a solid bat who won't take a walk to save his life. He's a cromulent shortstop; I have no idea where you intend to play him.
                                Barring other trades, I'd expect Flores to play mostly third right now. He won't be a shortstop as long as Orlando Arcia is still the Second Coming. Not sure what this all means for Jean Segura. That's a lot of shortstops.

I like the sound of a rotation including a healthy Wheeler, Fiers, Nelson, Peralta and/or Jungmann in a couple years.
                                Last edited by jen; 07-29-2015, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X