X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ginding away- stop putting sand in my oil... Part 4

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Previews on DVDs. Even worse? When you are not "allowed" to FF through them or skip them.
    I'll go a step further; ads on DVD's for the soundtrack of the movie you are about to watch, or for video games based on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Previews on DVDs. Even worse? When you are not "allowed" to FF through them or skip them.
      I've seen it where you can't skip them but you can fast forward through them. Never complete block.

Who did that?
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        I've seen it where you can't skip them but you can fast forward through them. Never complete block.

Who did that?
        Adjustment Bureau dvd from Netflix.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

bureaucracy grinds my gears. I will summarize my story by saying I asked for a new office chair, and it had to be approved by at least 2 managers, and requires opening several requests as well as scheduling an ergonomic assessment of my workstation to evaluate my chair needs. I expect to actually receive my chair sometime in 2015 (just my personal estimate - they'd probably say 2017 to give them some wiggle room).

I hear Office Max has nice chairs. I might go buy one.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
            bureaucracy grinds my gears. I will summarize my story by saying I asked for a new office chair, and it had to be approved by at least 2 managers, and requires opening several requests as well as scheduling an ergonomic assessment of my workstation to evaluate my chair needs. I expect to actually receive my chair sometime in 2015 (just my personal estimate - they'd probably say 2017 to give them some wiggle room).

Happened to my girlfriend at her office too. She skipped a few steps and bought herself a moveable desk (one that goes up and down), but needed a few people to look at it, confirm it was okay, and to install it (set it on the desk and move her computer). I get one person making sure it's not too heavy, but it seemed like quite a fuss.

Comment

Yeah, we have to deal with the exact same BS here at work. Its very annoying.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

That blows. I told my boss a week or two ago that when I first started working at my current location my chair was killing my back. Even though I had a perfectly fine chair now, she still asked if I needed to get a new chair. I love my boss and I love my company.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I moved cubes at work. Please stay tuned.

Comment

While in the Air Force, one of my assignments was to write scripts for lessons that were being converted from live lectures to video. I had a script returned by a colonel, with the notation "UNA". Well, none of us knew what UNA stood for, so we looked it up in the Air Force Dictionary. UNA, it turns out, stood for "use no abbreviations." I kid you not.
                    Last edited by Old Pio; 04-16-2012, 07:34 PM.
                    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Hitting only red lights in an area where there are lights at every intersection.
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Paycheck is now only on line, not hard copy. THey managed to change over but not give us the last few weeks in March. They aren't accessible on lline. I can't balance my Quicken without them I hate the paperless thing. I want stuff I can hold, not have to flick between many windows.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                          Hitting only red lights in an area where there are lights at every intersection.
                          I am an 8th dan black belt at hitting yellow lights at just the right point to trigger panicked indecision on whether to slam on the brakes or go for it.
                          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            Paycheck is now only on line, not hard copy. THey managed to change over but not give us the last few weeks in March. They aren't accessible on lline. I can't balance my Quicken without them I hate the paperless thing. I want stuff I can hold, not have to flick between many windows.
                            For the missing info, you could contact HR and ask them to get you a copy. Can you just print off a copy of the ones that are online for yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                              For the missing info, you could contact HR and ask them to get you a copy. Can you just print off a copy of the ones that are online for yourself?
                              They aren't accessible before 4/13 and I need the ones before that. We are small. The company that runs the site is our 'HR' for this. They were hired to deal with this stuff but no one knows why we can't access stuff before 4/12. A call to them reveals they have no idea and little motivation to get one The boss is maxed out. Has already been asked about this and the answer was to call them. Sigh.

Comment

When people I haven't talked to since high school and wasnt really friends with hit me up for a job.

Comment

Working...
                                X