X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2nd verse same as the first 2016-2017

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Why negative on Swayman? I see he moved up six spots in the final central scouting rankings to 12th for North American goalies and is the highest Maine has had since Bishop.

I think Maine should be solid next year. Between Swayman and McGovern they should have no worse than average goaltending. They should have two good D pairings between Michel, Holway, Hamilton, and Binner and hopefully they can find a decent third pairing out of Herner, Spicer, Muehlbauer, and Keeper. It looks like the biggest weakness will be up front. There is some talent there but Vesey is the only upperclassman who is a top six forward. I would expect Maine is somewhere around eighth in hockey east and 30th pairwise. They've underachieved the last couple of years though so could end up being worse than that.
    I agree. I see Maine losing a bunch of 2-0 games next year. I see no way in the world that the scoring will improve.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      I agree. I see Maine losing a bunch of 2-0 games next year. I see no way in the world that the scoring will improve.
      I see more 2-1, 3-2 type losses. I don't think the offense will be horrible, but can't see it much better than average. In general I think Maine will be a team that is average both offensively and defensively and finish in the middle of the pack nationally. After the last couple of years this wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. To be honest, I think they really should be better than this though. Hockey east is only going to get weaker next year and Maine's out of conference schedule has some winnable games.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I see more 2-1, 3-2 type losses. I don't think the offense will be horrible, but can't see it much better than average. In general I think Maine will be a team that is average both offensively and defensively and finish in the middle of the pack nationally. After the last couple of years this wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. To be honest, I think they really should be better than this though. Hockey east is only going to get weaker next year and Maine's out of conference schedule has some winnable games.
        I'll settle for "average" at this point. But I don't see that happening.

Maine will be a bottom-feeder again next year, and for the foreseeable future.
        Last edited by Fishman'81; 04-24-2017, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Mike Mantenudo died, age 35. He was a Sgt. Special forces, US army. Very sad, leaves behind wife and kids.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
            Mike Mantenudo died, age 35. He was a Sgt. Special forces, US army. Very sad, leaves behind wife and kids.

That is horrible, horrible news. Was he killed in combat? I thought he had some talent but only hung around for a year if I remember correctly.

Comment

That is horrible, horrible news. Was he killed in combat? I thought he had some talent but only hung around for a year if I remember correctly.
              From this article, not sure if he actually was in the military. In any event, it sounds like he hadn't had it easy recently.

http://www.starnewsonline.com/articl.../605043243/WM/

I know after Miracle came out, he was looking to do more in the acting world. Apparently that didn't pan out. Last time I saw him, he was hanging around the concourse in Worcester(?) at the regionals, maybe the year, year after, Miracle came out.
              Last edited by rufus; 04-27-2017, 08:07 AM.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Oliver Wahlstrom article: http://www.pressherald.com/2017/04/2...s-for-harvard/

He would have been good to hang on to.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                  Oliver Wahlstrom article: http://www.pressherald.com/2017/04/2...s-for-harvard/

He would have been good to hang on to.
                  Thanks for the link. Interesting read.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    that sucks. Mike and Todd Jackson came to look at a couple bedrooms we had available in our 4BR apartment. Seemed nice during the brief encounter I had with him. I think they ended up finding a 2BR place somewhere. this was shortly before he left.
                    Last edited by BassAle; 04-27-2017, 10:33 AM.

Comment

That is horrible, horrible news. Was he killed in combat?
                      suicide apparently

http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/27/miracl...antenuto-dead/

Comment

According to Jeff Cox on Twitter, Alfie will be promoted to full time assisstant. I think it's the right move.

Comment

According to Jeff Cox on Twitter, Alfie will be promoted to full time assisstant. I think it's the right move.
                          The Maine Hockey fan in me wants it to work and it very well could but I am very skeptical on this hire...I would have "HOPED" for a different pair of eye's that had NO TIES to the Maine Program. Also this has to be a make or break year for Gendron...his 4 years has not been very impressive...matter of fact it looks more like this Program has gone down further. There has to be improvements in the Won/Lost record and there has to be WIN's on the road. There has to be more Leadership from behind the Bench and someone on the ice to make this team be accountable on the ice during key points of the game. Goaltending has to be at the top of the list to be better and not just average but way better then we have seen the last 4 years. Team defense has to be vastly improved, and there has to be two scoring lines for this season to be a whole lot better then it looks like on paper at this time.
                          Last edited by Ma#1ne Hky; 04-28-2017, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Some Finnish dman who was going to Miami is coming to Maine instead

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              Some Finnish dman who was going to Miami is coming to Maine instead

What is the time table for him, incoming this season or later..?

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                                What is the time table for him, incoming this season or later..?
                                This season

Comment

Working...
                                X