Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brown Hockey 2016-17: The Importance of Being Ernst

Originally posted by eschnairsohn View Post
    Listen this is very simple, the coach is an idiot and needs to be fired ASAP.

The AD who cares very little about hockey program needs to wake up.

Sitting Tyler Wood throughout season, probably your best defensive defenseman when you give up more than 6 goals a game is idiotic, why? Kid plays close to 90 games over 3 years and during his senior season, you screw the kid and sit him, just dumb.

Sitting Ernst last series weekend, a senior witch an impressive Goals Against, playing for a horribly coached team should count for something. Again why?

Its simple, this idiot needs to be fired now, I will go so far as to offer $50,000 donation to Brown Hockey Program if they fire this clown. Everyone loves Assistant Coach from Northeastern, Jason, make him the coach, he gets it, he is respected, simple answer.

I sat through so many games this season "steaming" from the bafoon coaching from head coach. Just a joke.

My name is Eric Schnairsohn, I am not hiding from anyone, 50K to program if they can this clown, NOW.

Its that simple.

Eric
    Quite the first post, certainly opened some eyes, but really poor form.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
      Quite the first post, certainly opened some eyes, but really poor form.
      Seriously. That post had two purposes:

1. Stick up for his family friends who had their feelings hurt.

2. Show he's a baller and can drop $50K whenever he wants.

He doesn't care about Brown hockey in the least. He took his swipe and then self-identified as a big shot.

What a clown.

Comment

• Originally posted by KFBS View Post
        Seriously. That post had two purposes:

1. Stick up for his family friends who had their feelings hurt.

2. Show he's a baller and can drop $50K whenever he wants.

He doesn't care about Brown hockey in the least. He took his swipe and then self-identified as a big shot.

What a clown.
        Really forget the post look at the hard data from the program, the guy probably does care about Brown hockey. Ulterior motive? Every player cited are seniors how does that help them? Is very accurate about the respect of the assistant coach.

Brown University hockey program, on a consistent downward trend.

Standard Team Statistics

Goals ranked 54 of 60 teams
        Goals against ranked 57 of 60 teams
        Shots ranked 56 of 60 teams
        Shot % ranked 55 of 60 teams
        ShA ranked 27 of 60 teams
        Save % ranked 60 of 60 teams .871
        PP% ranked 60 of 60 teams 7.6%
        PK% ranked 60 of 60 teams 72.2%
        SHG ranked 17 of 60 teams 5
        SHGA ranked 43 of 60 teams 3
        FO% ranked 46 of 60 teams 47.5
        Penalty minutes 51 of 60 (and coach does not bench repeatedly dumb penalties)
        Age 21.11 ranked 35 of 60 teams
        Average attendance ranked 57 of 60 teams

Whittet Career .360 win % and 4 of 8 seasons with under 10 wins 3 with 5 or under.

Career Totals: 76 149 35 .360 this year .167%

You seriously trying to defend this program's outcomes, who cares if the guy's got money. The outcomes speaks for thenselves. If they actually analyzed individual data performance, players are not used to their strengths. If you cared about Brown hockey you would want to know what the university's administration was doing to address this. A true fan would have their feelings hurt that the University allowed this to go on.

You think they will get a SINGLE high level recruit with this performance, having spoken to multiple scouts watching games-they report NO one will send a kid here due to coaching and university support.

Let's move on from this debacle, and get this program headed in the right direction again.

If you want to sit in the stands for the next ten years watching teams get punished, losing over and over again I guess that is fine for you. Just because you have sat in the stands longer doesn't mean you are right. There is not much to support your stance. Some of us would like to see Brown field a more competitive program, and that means something has to change,
        Last edited by Brownfan14; 03-09-2017, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brownfan14 View Post
          Really forget the post look at the hard data from the program, the guy probably does care about Brown hockey. Ulterior motive? Every player cited are seniors how does that help them? Is very accurate about the respect of the assistant coach.

Standard Team Statistics

Whittet Career .360 win % and 4 of 8 seasons with under 10 wins 3 with 5 or under.

You seriously trying to defend this program's outcomes, who cares if the guy's got money. The outcomes speaks for thenselves. If they actually analyzed individual data performance, players are not used to their strengths. If you cared about Brown hockey you would want to know what the university's administration was doing to address this. A true fan would have their feelings hurt that the University allowed this to go on.

You think they will get a SINGLE high level recruit with this performance, having spoken to multiple scouts watching games-they report NO one will send a kid here due to coaching and university support.

Let's move on from this debacle, and get this program headed in the right direction again.

If you want to sit in the stands for the next ten years watching teams get punished, losing over and over again I guess that is fine for you. Just because you have sat in the stands longer doesn't mean you are right. There is not much to support your stance. Some of us would like to see Brown field a more competitive program, and that means something has to change,
          Agreed, at least someone is showing that they care about the Brown hockey program

Comment

• Originally posted by Brownfan14 View Post

Standard Team Statistics

You care about the program. I can tell. Would love to discuss this in depth with you.

But first don't align yourself with Mr. $50k baller. He provided his name which pretty quickly revealed his twitter feed which consists of 4 things.

1. Pictures with the Wood family. (Ulterior Motive!!!!)
            2. Trying to pick fights with Whittet
            3. Fat shaming women
            4. Genuflecting at the alter of Fuhrer in Chief Trump

So...let's forget the faux baller who probably couldn't come up with a five spot if he had to, and move on to real issues.

We have an administration that does not care about success. Until that changes we will have to strive for mediocrity and accept futility.

If there are more like you coming up through the school's alumni base maybe we've got a shot at resurrecting this once proud program, but for too long that has fallen on the shoulders of a select few of us who, to be honest, have dedicated too much time for too few results for too long.
            Last edited by KFBS; 03-10-2017, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
              Agreed, at least someone is showing that they care about the Brown hockey program
              See my other post. That guy doesn't care about the program. He's friends with the Wood family and is an internet bully who wants to be perceived as a big shot.

Comment

Originally posted by KFBS View Post

We have an administration that does not care about success. Until that changes we will have to strive for mediocrity and accept futility.

If there are more like you coming up through the school's alumni base maybe we've got a shot at resurrecting this once proud program, but for too long that has fallen on the shoulders of a select few of us who, to be honest, have dedicated too much time for too few results for too long.
                This should resonate with everyone who regularly posts on this board (and those who don't, but who attend and watch the games and are invested in the success of the program). We need to have our voices heard. At the very least, we can try emailing the AD. If enough people sound off, they'll have to address it - at least internally - at some point.

Smearing Brendan Whittet online won't fix anything. He's a mere symptom of a far larger and more poisonous problem: administrative apathy/neglect. Yes, we need to replace him as head coach, but he's certainly not entirely responsible for this mess.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                  This should resonate with everyone who regularly posts on this board (and those who don't, but who attend and watch the games and are invested in the success of the program). We need to have our voices heard. At the very least, we can try emailing the AD. If enough people sound off, they'll have to address it - at least internally - at some point. Smearing Brendan Whittet online won't fix anything. He's a mere symptom of a far larger and more poisonous problem: administrative apathy/neglect. Yes, we need to replace him as head coach, but he's certainly not entirely responsible for this mess.
                  I would go higher - the President's Office. Brown athletics across the board is down, causal connection to President Simmons' tenure. Current President inherited a mess and she needs to right the ship by showing support for Brown athletics, starting financially. Dismissing the AD and head coaches is not going to change anything. Write the president!

Comment

Kdiff - we are tied for 24th in ECAC Contest. I' will wait for you to post your picks before I do mine

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
                      Kdiff - we are tied for 24th in ECAC Contest. I' will wait for you to post your picks before I do mine
                      Yikes! I almost forgot about that!

Tied for 24th? Seems fitting for two Brown fans.

Comment

I received a response from Jack Hayes assuring me that my concerns will be taken "very seriously." It's not exactly inspiring, but it's better than what I was expecting (nothing).

Comment

From Divver's Twitter - Another brawl involving Tyler Steele https://twitter.com/hockeyfights/sta...88282053779457

Comment

Divver is reporting that Sam Lafferty is coming back for his senior year. Brendan keeps a key, if not the key, player for next season.

Comment

Lafferty may be coming back but Tagtmeyer quit....fourth player to quit in one year. Thats probably another record we own!. Still waiting to hear some good news about removal of Whittet. AD must have the same response to everyone who writes in - i got the same one "that they will take my concerns very seriously". Ugh

Comment

That's too bad about Tegtmeyer - I always liked his two-way game and thought he was underused. Lafferty is a big asset, but he has virtually no help. Corcoran and Willman were sensational when they played on his line, but couldn't generate offense independent of him. Beaudoin was really the only forward who didn't frequently play with Lafferty but still managed to occasionally produce, and he only had 12 points (I'm looking for that number to increase as a sophomore, but still).

The writing is on the wall: A voluntary mass exodus of players should be a death sentence for any coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X