X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
    Point's a lot better beer today than it was back in the late 60's. Although as a poor college student back then I'd usually buy 3 cases of Pfeiffer's in Mendota at $2.50 a case...
    Ah, Pfeiffer's, always for sale for cheap to anybody, regardless of age, at the renowned "Otto's Teenage Liquor Store".
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

It's a great day for hockey and a bad day to be a gopher!

LET'S GO RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

On, Wisconsin!

Comment

My wife isn't going to be able to go today, so I've got one extra ticket if someone needs a single.

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
            If you're visiting BRF again, you should check out Sand Creek Brewing. I'm quite fond of their Oscars Chocolate Stout - although that might be because it really was one of the first craft beers I remember drinking, 15-20 years ago before craft beer was really a thing.
            blech, that isn't beer

Capital had some beer that tasted like butterscotch kisses

Point's a lot better beer today than it was back in the late 60's. Although as a poor college student back then I'd usually buy 3 cases of Pfeiffer's in Mendota at $2.50 a case on my way south to school. If someone else was buying I'd get PBR.
            my dad always went there for there 3 cases for $7 or whatever it was, I drank that because he was cheap and also knew that I wouldn't steal any of his beer
            drank Old Style for about 25 years until they finally shut the place down in LaCrosse

what does this have to do with hockey?
            it's freekin' WI dude
            Last edited by pokechecker; 03-10-2018, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Gopher band just played Brooklyn, by Youngblood Brass Band. Interesting that they chose a piece by a band from Madison...

Comment

Who is planning on heading to the frozen four? I have never been to a frozen four, women's or men's, and this seems to be a prime opportunity to do it since Minneapolis is only four hours away from Madison. So I will probably go. It would be a solo trip for me though; all of the friends I asked either didn't want to go or were unavailable. So if I go, I would love to find some Badger fans to make friends with!

Comment

Originally posted by wiscolorado View Post
                  Who is planning on heading to the frozen four? I have never been to a frozen four, women's or men's, and this seems to be a prime opportunity to do it since Minneapolis is only four hours away from Madison. So I will probably go. It would be a solo trip for me though; all of the friends I asked either didn't want to go or were unavailable. So if I go, I would love to find some Badger fans to make friends with!
                  I've gone to the women's FF twice, and the Badgers lost in the final both times (2012 in Duluth, and last year in St Louis). So I'm thinking I'll do us all a favor and stay home. But if you do go, pay attention to the uwbadgers web site women's hockey page. The Athletic Dept support staff do a great job of organizing away-from-the-rink events at restaurants and bars etc., and times and locations will get posted at the web site.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                    I've gone to the women's FF twice, and the Badgers lost in the final both times (2012 in Duluth, and last year in St Louis). So I'm thinking I'll do us all a favor and stay home.
                    Third time is the charm. It is pretty sweet to be there when your team wins it all.
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                      Third time is the charm. It is pretty sweet to be there when your team wins it all.
                      I'm also 0-for-1 in Super Bowls (but 3-for-3 in Rose Bowls; though those weren't fully 'championship' games, so...)

Comment

• Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                        I predict another Gopher victory. And TA, keep an eye out for Williamson, she has been dynamite. And if you think you are hearing a gun shot, that will be a Zumwinkle slapper.
                        Total Badger domination... not EVEN CLOSE!! Wisconsin pretty much controlled the game from the opening puck drop and never looked back.. UW is finally healthy and are looking to win it all this year! Should be fun on Gopher ice next week!!

Comment

Originally posted by rangersrule View Post
                          Total Badger domination... not EVEN CLOSE!! Wisconsin pretty much controlled the game from the opening puck drop and never looked back.. UW is finally healthy and are looking to win it all this year! Should be fun on Gopher ice next week!!
                          It was a little nerve racking until the 1st goal, then I felt pretty good the way UW was playing. You hate to get into the 3rd period 0-0 while dominating your opponent, 1 lucky break and you lose. Roque made sure that would not be a problem.

Overall what a clamp down performance it was, just fantastic. Roque stepped it up today for sure, she had so many moments where she jumped out at you. I do believe the lack of tv timeouts played to UW's advantage.

My eyes still haven't stopped burning from seeing Goldy is person. I will say Goldy and the rodent band were better as far as being annoying to the opponent fans than their UW counterparts. Band vs band UW was better.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            My eyes still haven't stopped burning from seeing Goldy is person. I will say Goldy and the rodent band were better as far as being annoying to the opponent fans than their UW counterparts. Band vs band UW was better.
                            Burning eyes? That's what happens when you pull Goldy's tail.

I've noticed over the years that the Badger band when they play at Ridder seems to have a much larger repertoire than the Gopher band. The guy that sits next to me at Ridder and was in the Gopher band years ago said they do have several more tunes in their playbook than those they play at the games. "So why don't they play them then," I asked. He gave some lame excuse, I forget what.

Paul Desmond's "Take Five" would be nice to hear between periods.

Trivia question: What did Nixon lawyer Leonard Garment, Bob Cooper and Vido Musso all have in common?
                            Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-10-2018, 11:25 PM. Reason: Or was it Henry Jerome & His Stepping Tones?
                            "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

I've noticed over the years that the Badger band when they play at Ridder seems to have a much larger repertoire than the Gopher band. The guy that sits next to me at Ridder and was in the Gopher band years ago said they do have several more tunes in their playbook than those they play at the games. "So why don't they play them then," I asked. He gave some lame excuse, I forget what.
                              On the other hand, my sister, who got her doctorate from Wisconsin 15 years ago, joined me in Madison for the series three weeks ago. After the second game, she said, "The band played exactly one song all weekend that they weren't playing when I was here."

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                                On the other hand, my sister, who got her doctorate from Wisconsin 15 years ago, joined me in Madison for the series three weeks ago. After the second game, she said, "The band played exactly one song all weekend that they weren't playing when I was here."
                                I guess I'll just have to get my jazz fix somewhere other than at hockey games then. We were A-Train members at the Dakota for over 15 years until they started bringing in more artists like Iris DeMent or Judy Collins and less jazz guys like Kenny Barron or McCoy Tyner. Of course, my wife loves Iris DeMent so...
                                Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-11-2018, 03:10 AM. Reason: Where have you gone Art Pepper?
                                "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Working...
                                X