Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hockey East Quarterfinals UNH (10) @ Lowell (1) 3/10-3/12

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    The only thing we could think of was a possible offsides?
    That's what I was thinking. A few minutes prior, the person next to me had mentioned that Chanter got up slowly in the corner, but didn't see what happened. Ridiculous. The officials never recovered in the home crowd's mind, justifiably so.
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Sorry Lowell fans but UNH has picked up a lot of support for game 3. BC fans. Why? Because a BC win over Notre Dame rather than BU in the semifinals gives them a great chance for an a large NCAA bid should BC lose in the championship game due to flipping a PWR comparison with Notre Dame. If BC plays BU they may need to win Hockey East to get in.

Comment

Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
        Why do we even have on ice officials? So many of their calls are reviewed anyway. All the goals have to get the okay from
        an off ice official before play can resume. What were they looking at when Lowell scored their 2nd goal. It could not have
        been goaltender interference when the UML player was not even near the crease. All these reviews take away from the game
        and need to be reduced.
        Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
          Sorry Lowell fans but UNH has picked up a lot of support for game 3. BC fans. Why? Because a BC win over Notre Dame rather than BU in the semifinals gives them a great chance for an a large NCAA bid should BC lose in the championship game due to flipping a PWR comparison with Notre Dame. If BC plays BU they may need to win Hockey East to get in.
          That's ok. If Lowell wins, it helps kill two birds with one stone then.

Hopefully UNH uses a bus that works today to get to Lowell and the game can start on time.
          Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
          Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
          Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
            That's what I was thinking. A few minutes prior, the person next to me had mentioned that Chanter got up slowly in the corner, but didn't see what happened. Ridiculous. The officials never recovered in the home crowd's mind, justifiably so.
            I saw a UNH player down and get up slowly behind the UNH net as play continued so that might be what's referenced above. After a couple minutes when play stopped, that's when the review took place.
            Last edited by riverchief1; 03-12-2017, 11:33 AM.
            Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
            Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
            Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
              Why do we even have on ice officials? So many of their calls are reviewed anyway. All the goals have to get the okay from
              an off ice official before play can resume. What were they looking at when Lowell scored their 2nd goal. It could not have
              been goaltender interference when the UML player was not even near the crease. All these reviews take away from the game
              and need to be reduced.
              I'm almost sure the review was for offsides, about 15-20 seconds before the goal was scored the puck came close to going out of the zone. From where I was sitting it didn't quite get out but it was close enough for them to want a look.

Comment

Taking a right turn here, but do any fans know if the streaming hockey east channel is in HD?
                "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
                make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post
                  Taking a right turn here, but do any fans know if the streaming hockey east channel is in HD?
                  It doesn't look like it to me (assuming that the aspect ratio would be 16:9 if it were HD and it looks more like 4:3). But what's worse is that the "full screen" button doesn't work, so you can only watch in a window which isn't anywhere close to full-size, meaning you can't take a cable and plug into your TV (which is what I always do in the regular season). Well, you "can" but it will only take up part of the screen. Better to watch on a desktop with a larger screen, at least.

Comment

Looks like a small crowd on the stream.

I see you got Jamie Koharski again.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      Looks like a small crowd on the stream.

I see you got Jamie Koharski again.
                      Why have I had the urge to eat a doughnut this weekend?
                      Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                        Why have I had the urge to eat a doughnut this weekend?
                        Well, you made the first call easy for him with the too many men...

Comment

UNH about to get run out of the building gif this continues. Sloppy play leads to an early icing, sloppy (way to long first shift), sloppy change leads to a penalty, tentative PK, getting cute with a few chances to simply whack the puck down ice leads to a full two minute PP in the zone and a 1-0 Lowell lead. They could not have started worse...
                          Live Free or Die!!
                          Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            UNH about to get run out of the building gif this continues. Sloppy play leads to an early icing, sloppy (way to long first shift), sloppy change leads to a penalty, tentative PK, getting cute with a few chances to simply whack the puck down ice leads to a full two minute PP in the zone and a 1-0 Lowell lead. They could not have started worse...
                            Just in time for a tap-in for Vela
                            Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

And they score as I type, hahaha
                              Live Free or Die!!
                              Miami University '03

Comment

And they score as I type, hahaha
                                But you're right. Total domination by Lowell...regardless of the UNH goal.

Comment

Working...
                                X