X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2nd verse same as the first 2016-2017

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
    The Finn narrows it down to Miami or Maine. He chooses Miami. Miami figured Belpedio was gonna sign. They offer the appropriate number of kids a spot. Belpedio stays for one more year at Miami. No room for the Finn. Maine gets him. Nice! Hopefully a good move.
    Finally lets hope Maine stumbled into something that is a PLUS and not a MINUS.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      Two of the worst programs in D-1 right now... Guess somebody has a chance to win, though.

I'll likely be there anyway. If any Mainers come down, consider packing some heat. Last I visited, that part of Troy wasn't the best place to be on foot at night.
      Shows we REALLY haven't played in a while... Tutunjian cleaned things up when he was mayor. Unless you're parking in Lansingburgh...

BTW, I assume the UCONN dates are still solid? I heard a rumor about those dates as well, but obviously if you're already set there...

Comment

[QUOTE=FlagDUDE08;6491819]Shows we REALLY haven't played in a while... Tutunjian cleaned things up when he was mayor. Unless you're parking in Lansingburgh... /QUOTE]

It's definitely been a while since I spent a night in Troy. I think it was at a Holiday Inn at the foot of the hill up to Houston?

Anyway, it was crunchy underfoot walking back and forth to the games back then when meth was the DOC in urban areas, and a bit iffy in terms of the peeps on the street.

I do enjoy the arena, though. It's pretty-much an airplane hangar but the fans are into it. The upcoming games should be competitive, too, if only because both programs have hit the skids hard of late.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
          It's definitely been a while since I spent a night in Troy. I think it was at a Holiday Inn at the foot of the hill up to Houston?

Anyway, it was crunchy underfoot walking back and forth to the games back then when meth was the DOC in urban areas, and a bit iffy in terms of the peeps on the street.

I do enjoy the arena, though. It's pretty-much an airplane hangar but the fans are into it. The upcoming games should be competitive, too, if only because both programs have hit the skids hard of late.
          I can't remember if there was a Holiday Inn (I only ever stayed in the dorms or my vehicle at North Lot; free parking nights and weekends); I do know there was a Best Western, but it's now a dorm.

You can stay a bit more up the hill if you want; there's a Hilton on Hoosick (NY 7) now. Latham also isn't too bad if you don't mind the short commute, right along I-87 at Exit 6.

I believe it was a warehouse instead of an airplane hangar, but there have been some updates made since y'all were last in town. Sadly the band got thrown into a forgotten corner; I miss playing on that stage...

Comment

Any idea when schedule coming out?
            When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
              Any idea when schedule coming out?
              Probably still in negotiations regarding that RPI series, hence it's delayed. I would assume UCONN and/or OSU is also involved in that talk, MAYBE BU (but I doubt it).

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Probably still in negotiations regarding that RPI series, hence it's delayed. I would assume UCONN and/or OSU is also involved in that talk, MAYBE BU (but I doubt it).
                Makes sense thanks.
                When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  Thanks. Was there much said about next season? Who's not coming back, what the expectations are, etc?
                  Red stated that next season's team would win Hockey East.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                    Better than saying they will be bottom feeders

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Eduards Tralmarks finished his USHL playoff tear in dramatic fashion, scoring the tying goal for Chicago, which won in OT to take the series in five games.

Tralmarks finished the playoffs with 10 goals, tying a league playoff record and earning MVP honors.

Can't wait to see him in October

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                        Eduards Tralmarks finished his USHL playoff tear in dramatic fashion, scoring the tying goal for Chicago, which won in OT to take the series in five games.

Tralmarks finished the playoffs with 10 goals, tying a league playoff record and earning MVP honors.

Can't wait to see him in October
                        He sounds good I hope he has linemates that can keep up

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                          Yes he did say this and if I remember correctly he also stated 4 years ago that Maine would be in the Frozen 4 in Chicago 2017.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                            He must have been at the 19th hole Penoby when he said that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                              A very bold prediction. I wouldn't be shocked as I really don't rate hockey east at all next year, but certainly not something I am expecting. It definitely wouldn't be a Leicester City type of surprise.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                A very bold prediction. I wouldn't be shocked as I really don't rate hockey east at all next year, but certainly not something I am expecting. It definitely wouldn't be a Leicester City type of surprise.
                                A Bold move for Maine would be a .500 season/not counting the Playoffs in Hockey East...say 15-15-4 and maybe a 7th or more likely 8th place finish in Hockey East Reg. Season play.

Comment

Working...
                                X