Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Basketball 2016-17: Destination Phoenix

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Vandy went up one on a layup with 15-20 seconds left. Their coach begins yelling for a defensive set, one of their players gets confused and instead fouls the Northwestern ball handler. NU goes to the line and hits both free throws to take the lead. Vandy heaves up an awful three with six seconds left and loses.
    I meant what did Pitino do
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      I meant what did Pitino do
      Said the magic words. He was talking to the referee, referee was just starting to turn away and then he said one more thing that earned him the T.

After 32 games, there's someone in my work group at 32/32.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

'Nova (#1 seed) is out thanks to Wisconsin - how many brackets does that bust?
        Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
          'Nova (#1 seed) is out thanks to Wisconsin - how many brackets does that bust?
          8 of the 42 in our pool.....

Fortunately for me, I did a "blind" draw where I picked by attributes, not team names, and I had Villanova losing this game anyway (albeit to Virginia Tech... )

Upsets on the women's side in the first two rounds are very rare. Today, #12 seed Quinnipiac takes down #5 Marguette. There's never been a #15 over #2, but last night it was a one-point nailbiter at the buzzer (missed shot) for #2 Kansas Oregon State, 56-55.

UConn: 34 assists on 43 baskets. Whomever they have as producer of the live feed does a great job assembling the replay that shows how their offense clicks. Pass Pass Pass Pass Score. No dribble.
          Last edited by FreshFish; 03-20-2017, 11:47 AM.
          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

• Michigan comes from behind and beats Louisville.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

14 teams, ten in the tournament and the mighty ACC is nothing but Duke and Carolina halfway through the second round
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Michigan State was a hearty crew, but Kansas pulls away and wins by 20.
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Down goes Duke!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                    Down goes Duke!
                    ACC is not doing well.

I blame Maryland.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                      Down goes Duke!
                      Against South Carolina, in South Carolina, in a game that should have been in North Carolina, but was moved due to the bathroom bill to South Carolina, which couldn't host until two years prior due to the confederate flag.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Against South Carolina, in South Carolina, in a game that should have been in North Carolina, but was moved due to the bathroom bill to South Carolina, which couldn't host until two years prior due to the confederate flag.
                        LOL. Wow.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

After 32 games, there's someone in my work group at 32/32.
                          Whoa. I've never known anybody to run the first two rounds. Very impressive and/or lucky as f-ck.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Whoa. I've never known anybody to run the first two rounds. Very impressive and/or lucky as f-ck.
                            I think he lost three or four straight to start the second round, so the dream ended quickly. He's still in first place though.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Other than Kansas advancing, Duke getting sent home was the best part of the first 2 rounds. I've got 12 teams in the Sweet 16.
                              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

In ESPN's bracket challenge, 18 brackets out of more than 18 million correctly predicted the Sweet 16.
                                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Working...
                                X