Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.33: ""We're rounding them up in a very humane way, in a very nice way."

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.33: ""We're rounding them up in a very humane way, in a very nice way."

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Um, now as in "at this moment" or now as in during the POTUS45 Presidency, say within the last month?

Jerusalem Post, May 5, 2018: "Former US Secretary of State John Kerry met with Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif two weeks ago in a bid to salvage the 2015 nuclear agreement signed between Iran and world powers, according to the Boston Globe."

https://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-C...ar-deal-553545
    http://thehill.com/opinion/national-...cy-is-wrong-in
    https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...eal-collusion/

Logan Act?
    jfc

I didn't know.

Democrats are so ****ing stupid,.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Re: POTUS 45.33: ""We're rounding them up in a very humane way, in a very nice way."

Um, now as in "at this moment" or now as in during the POTUS45 Presidency, say within the last month?

Jerusalem Post, May 5, 2018: "Former US Secretary of State John Kerry met with Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif two weeks ago in a bid to salvage the 2015 nuclear agreement signed between Iran and world powers, according to the Boston Globe."

https://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-C...ar-deal-553545
      http://thehill.com/opinion/national-...cy-is-wrong-in
      https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...eal-collusion/

Logan Act?
      Uh no.

Kerry is not in any way interfering with whatever discussions the current administration and Iran were having. For an example of that, you can look at Tom Cotton's letter to Iran a couple of years ago. Kerry was discussing with them and European parties of the deal how they could continue on with it if the Trump administration pulled out. They were not encouraging them to make one choice over the other or trying to interfere with what that choice was; they were only recommending a possible solution should one of the outcomes occur.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        jfc

I didn't know.

Democrats are so ****ing stupid,.
        Based on those reports, Mr. Trump and Mr. Sessions would be well within Executive Branch authority to prosecute Mr. Kerry on a Logan Act violation. Citizen Kerry should not be doing that.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          He's a private citizen. Leave him alone.
          Lol

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            Uh no.

Kerry is not in any way interfering with whatever discussions the current administration and Iran were having. For an example of that, you can look at Tom Cotton's letter to Iran a couple of years ago. Kerry was discussing with them and European parties of the deal how they could continue on with it if the Trump administration pulled out. They were not encouraging them to make one choice over the other or trying to interfere with what that choice was; they were only recommending a possible solution should one of the outcomes occur.
            Or was he negotiating? Seems worth an investigation.

Cotton's letter to Iran? It was "Civics 101: The US Constitution". (Trump should take that sometime.)

EDIT: Maybe Trump did take Cotton's course. From the letter:

What these two constitutional provisions mean is that we will consider any agreement regarding your nuclear-weapons program that is not approved by the Congress as nothing more than an executive agreement between President Obama and Ayatollah Khamenei. The next president could revoke such an executive agreement with the stroke of a pen and future Congresses could modify the terms of the agreement at any time.
            Last edited by The Sicatoka; 05-09-2018, 01:40 PM.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Um, Kerry talking to the Iranians. Logan Act? Anyone? What am I missing?
              A brain?

Comment

Uh no.

Not sure that flies. By getting the other parties to continue on that interfere's with what Trump wants. And what Trump apparently wants is full sanctions on Iran. The only way he gets that is with the backing of the allies. If France and Germany and Iran, etc. all stay in while the United States is out that circumvents the United States foreign policy.

This is why the idiots that elected him need to understand exactly what they did.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Just like 53% of white women are willing to vote for a sexual predator.
                  Racist
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                    A brain?
                    Nice non-sequitur. I guess if that's all you've got. < shrug >

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.33: ""We're rounding them up in a very humane way, in a very nice way."

Not sure that flies. By getting the other parties to continue on that interfere's with what Trump wants. And what Trump apparently wants is full sanctions on Iran.
                      Well then tough **** for him. Two other countries are allowed to engage in whatever discussions they want without his sayso. They are allowed to ask a private citizen with experience in the field for help. He was not doing it as any specific member of a US delegation and was not interfering in the US's actions in the matter.

This, of course, highlights why the right's chest-pounding about withdrawing from the deal is so stupid. While we are probably the most important member of the deal in terms of economic size, it is a multi-party deal, not a two-party deal, and thus we don't hold the cards we would in the former. The sanctions on Iran before the deal worked so well because we had the cooperation of the major European states; us or them alone would not have had the power to bring Iran to the table and get the concessions they did. Now us backing out of the deal and trying to re-impose them will not have the same effect because, get this, other countries are other countries and might not automatically do what we want, despite how much Trump thinks he such a super-awesome negotiator, and without them our actions are largely equivalent to a child yelling into the void.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.33: ""We're rounding them up in a very humane way, in a very nice way."

Nice non-sequitur. I guess if that's all you've got. < shrug >
                        Ask a stupid question...

Comment

Well then tough **** for him. Two other countries are allowed to engage in whatever discussions they want without his sayso. They are allowed to ask a private citizen with experience in the field for help. He was not doing it as any specific member of a US delegation and was not interfering in the US's actions in the matter.

This, of course, highlights why the right's chest-pounding about withdrawing from the deal is so stupid. While we are probably the most important member of the deal in terms of economic size, it is a multi-party deal, not a two-party deal, and thus we don't hold the cards we would in the former. The sanctions on Iran before the deal worked so well because we had the cooperation of the major European states; us or them alone would not have had the power to bring Iran to the table and get the concessions they did. Now us backing out of the deal and trying to re-impose them will not have the same effect because, get this, other countries are other countries and might not automatically do what we want, despite how much Trump thinks he such a super-awesome negotiator, and without them our actions are largely equivalent to a child yelling into the void.
                          I don't disagree with any of that. And, as Andrea Mitchell pointed out this morning. This was a UN deal through the Security Council. It wasn't a US deal. And as far as she knows this is the first time the US has gone out alone and directly rejected a UN Security Council agreement. Heck, even Russia agreed.

But, again. he's elected. He gets to do whatever the **** he wants. I wish people had thought about that before voting. Oh, that's right, the GOP had ginned up this issue as well. Skewing the public who can't critically think.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                            Insight.
                            Looks like someone from Novartis is saying that Cohen reached out after the election and promised access.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              Looks like someone from Novartis is saying that Cohen reached out after the election and promised access.
                              That's going to be a problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                That's going to be a problem.
                                If true yes. Their official statement is that they paid him for trump intel on healthcare policy.

I’m sure one of our resident pretzels will explain why that’s cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X