Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
    Has next year's schedule been posted anywhere? Don't see it on go crimson.com. Looks like out of conference will be challenging.

Fluto Shinzawa of the Boston Globe in his Sunday notes column is already pegging Ryan Donato for Olympic duty next year. He says to expect Ryan to miss the month of February. We will probably get him back for the first round of the ECACs. Tough to lose him at that juncture of the season but it will be a great experience for him.
    10/29 vs. Dartmouth
    11/3 vs. Yale
    11/4 vs. Brown
    11/10 at Colgate
    11/11 at Cornell
    11/17&18 at Minnesota
    11/24 at Boston College
    12/01 at Quinnipiac
    12/02 at Princeton
    12/29&31 Catamount Cup at Vermont, vs. UMass-Lowell (seems like a set bracket)
    1/05 vs RPI
    1/06 vs. Union
    1/12 vs. Princeton
    1/13 vs. Quinnipiac
    1/19 at Clarkson
    1/20 at St. Lawrence
    1/26 vs. Cornell
    1/27 vs. Colgate
    2/2 at Dartmouth
    2/5 vs. BU at Beanpot
    2/9 at Union
    2/12 vs. BC/NE at Beanpot
    2/16 vs. SLU
    2/17 vs. Clarkson
    2/23 at Brown
    2/24 at Yale

TBD at RPI
    Last edited by alslammerz; 05-15-2017, 12:23 PM.
    Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
    Go Crimson!

Comment

Originally posted by alslammerz View Post
      10/29 vs. Dartmouth
      11/3 vs. Yale
      11/4 vs. Brown

2/23 vs. Brown
      2/24 vs. Yale
      This can't be correct that both Yale and Brown games are at home???

Comment

Originally posted by Game0n View Post
        This can't be correct that both Yale and Brown games are at home???
        Whoops - second set is on the road. Fixing now.
        Go Crimson!

Comment

I'm guessing that the RPI away game will be in early December before exams. There doesn't appear to be a place for the game in either January or February unless it is a Tuesday night game. Harvard put the kibosh on playing two games either between or before the Beanpot.

Comment

CHN article on Harvard commit Jack Badini: http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...ni-Chasing.php
            Go Crimson!

Comment

CHN article on Harvard commit Jack Badini: http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...ni-Chasing.php
              Let's hope he brings his new found scoring prowess to Cambridge next fall.

Comment

Congrats to Joey Bertagna '73 on his election to the Massachusetts Hockey Hall of Fame. I remember watching as a kid a game at Brown where Joe literally stole two points for us by making save after great save. He was terrific. We won 3-2 with Bill Corkery getting the winner. And believe it or not, Meehan still looks the same. Okay maybe a new coat of paint but...

Comment

Just got a notice from the Friends of Harvard Hockey that tomorrow's gathering with Teddy and Coach Stone will not include parking. Apparently the Boston Calling folks have hijacked the parking areas around the athletic complex so if you are planning to attend, you'll need to walk from the Square or perhaps park at the B-School. I wouldn't count on that alternative either.

Comment

So yesterday's alumni event with Teddy and Katey Stone was total fun. Chuckie Hughes and Allain Roy showed up along with a few other players including Giff Duffy who played when I was at Harvard. Giff reminded me of bus rides and sharing notes about opposing teams and players. Including the infamous Cornell game up at Ithaca where a certain part of the human anatomy was sent on to the ice prior to the start of the third period. And the headless chickens tied to the goalposts before Giff skated out for the start of the second period. Yeah, that was fun.

We got an inside peek at Bright Landry including the facilities that have been upgraded since the renovations. More are planned that will increase training options for the players. Teddy talked about how important the facility upgrade has been for recruiting purposes and for preparation between weekends. The players practically live down there during the week. On Saturdays, the team convenes in a special video room where the coaches review the game tape from the night before and do some advance scouting on their opponent for that evening. They also have an app that allows them to see their individual shifts in three segments: Power Play, Penalty Kill and five on five. The information available to these kids is pretty amazing.

Comment

Nice article on the season:

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/20...m-of-the-year/

Comment

The Crimson has had a 4-5 year run of great coverage. Hope it continues next year with Jake graduating.
                        I know we’re going to win tonight.

I believe we’re going to win tonight.

Comment

Considering they only have 1 non-conference game unknown, I wouldn't bet on it. I guess theoretically they could give up a home game to play at MSG but considering their record there I almost hope not.
                          We almost certainly would have heard by now. I remember Teddy was outpsoken about liking that game for the experience it gave his team -- pro rink, big atmosphere, etc. So it seems like they'll give it another shot somewhere down the line. Would love to see a better turnout from the alum community when/if that happens

Comment

10/29 vs. Dartmouth ...
                            2/5 vs. BU at Beanpot
                            2/9 at Union
                            2/12 vs. BC/NE at Beanpot
                            2/16 vs. SLU
                            2/17 vs. Clarkson
                            2/23 at Brown
                            2/24 at Yale

TBD at RPI
                            Thanks for posting... have 2/5/18 circled on my calendar. The Beanpot opener against BU will be the night game I believe (instead of that awful 5:00 start).

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post

We got an inside peek at Bright Landry including the facilities that have been upgraded since the renovations. More are planned that will increase training options for the players. Teddy talked about how important the facility upgrade has been for recruiting purposes and for preparation between weekends. The players practically live down there during the week. On Saturdays, the team convenes in a special video room where the coaches review the game tape from the night before and do some advance scouting on their opponent for that evening. They also have an app that allows them to see their individual shifts in three segments: Power Play, Penalty Kill and five on five. The information available to these kids is pretty amazing.
                              Uptick in facilities in recent years has been huge part of team's success. Major impetus for culture turnaround and obviously huge in recruiting. If you ever get a chance to walk in the vistors' locker room, the contrast will jump out at you.

Video room also doubles as the press conference room, which means that they no longer walk the media by the trainers' room or locker room after the game. Much better for player + competitive privacy.

Comment

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/b...in_right_place

Good article on 2018 recruit jack rathbone

Comment

Working...
                                X