Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0 Days Since Last Shooting: But the Second Amendment!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: But the Second Amendment!

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    The justification for guns is "we need them for our self defense"?

What good is your brother's gun gonna do him in that case? All locked up like that?
    It takes about 10 seconds at most to get into the safe (including all actions of waking up, realizing what you heard, and entering the code), if you have the code. Hear a noise at night? Boom, gun's out before you know it. Again, IF you know the code. He keeps the safe next to the bed.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Shocking...white boy shoots up a school and we need to learn "why". The why doesnt matter, his mitigating circumstances are interesting but change nothing. I am sorry he was bullied but that just doesnt change anything.

Not to mention all this does is further disparage people with mental illness because the more this happens the more they are downgraded and spit upon because it is them that are the issue. Most people with mental illness arent violent, and those that are dont calculate and plan stuff like this unless they are sociopaths on top of their disease which this kid most definitely was not.

Newsflash: It sucks that he was bullied but this kid is not mentally incapable of knowing what he did was wrong so stop coddling him (which is what the "screw loose" crowd is doing) stop giving him a platform and lock him up and throw away the key unless he gets diagnosed with something severe. (he wont)
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Shocking...white boy shoots up a school and we need to learn "why". The why doesnt matter, his mitigating circumstances are interesting but change nothing. I am sorry he was bullied but that just doesnt change anything.

Not to mention all this does is further disparage people with mental illness because the more this happens the more they are downgraded and spit upon because it is them that are the issue. Most people with mental illness arent violent, and those that are dont calculate and plan stuff like this unless they are sociopaths on top of their disease which this kid most definitely was not.

Newsflash: It sucks that he was bullied but this kid is not mentally incapable of knowing what he did was wrong so stop coddling him (which is what the "screw loose" crowd is doing) stop giving him a platform and lock him up and throw away the key unless he gets diagnosed with something severe. (he wont)
        Not saying he shouldn't be punished. Looking to the future to ID people like him and prevent situations like this. What IF, just IF, someone talked to him, he got some treatment, whatever, and he decided NOT to shoot up the school because he developed a different attitude?
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

And why are these always white boys? When's the last time a person of color shot up a school?

I'm sure it's happened, but I can't recall right off.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            It takes about 10 seconds at most to get into the safe (including all actions of waking up, realizing what you heard, and entering the code), if you have the code. Hear a noise at night? Boom, gun's out before you know it. Again, IF you know the code. He keeps the safe next to the bed.
            10 seconds. Riiiiiiiight.

Comment

And why are these always white boys? When's the last time a person of color shot up a school?

Admittedly rambling train of thought here: same reason most serial killers are white males, aged 30-40, or whatever the stat is? I dunno.

Yes, 10 seconds.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Colored boys are locked up before they get their hands on guns
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  Not saying he shouldn't be punished. Looking to the future to ID people like him and prevent situations like this. What IF, just IF, someone talked to him, he got some treatment, whatever, and he decided NOT to shoot up the school because he developed a different attitude?
                  You know you and the rest of the "tax cut" crowd don't want to pay for mental health services, right? Haven't for over 30 years now.

Put your money, and your vote, where your mouth is.

Comment

You know you and the rest of the "tax cut" crowd don't want to pay for mental health services, right? Haven't for over 30 years now.

Put your money, and your vote, where your mouth is.
                    I'm fine with that.

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

This is the problem today where little children are raised since birth with parents telling them they are a precious little diamond, unique in the world, and everything they do is perfect. Once they get to an age where they start discovering that they aren't special, they have people telling them no, or they face obstacles and challenges, they discover they're just a nameless, faceless 1 among millions, then they need to step up.

Some do, and make the choices that they need to do to succeed in the world on their own merits. Some retreat into self-medication, with drugs and alcohol. Others lash out violently.
                        Doesn't that fit in with everything Brent has been saying on this topic?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          Colored boys are locked up before they get their hands on guns
                          What about Asians? Meskins? Don't see any of them shooting up schools.

I'm sure they get bullied just as much as little white boy does. However, I'm only expected to have to listen to little white boy, and "his problems"

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                            Probably. I’m sure a couple trips a year to Amsterdam would have mellowed this guy out.
                            Viva Nevada?
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              Doesn't that fit in with everything Brent has been saying on this topic?
                              No, he's saying we have to listen to and coddle the little protected precious jewel whenever their feefees get ruffled. That way, they won't go out and start shooting up schools.

Comment

No, he's saying we have to listen to and coddle the little protected precious jewel whenever their feefees get ruffled. That way, they won't go out and start shooting up schools.
                                That is an extreme view of what I'm saying. Most kids just have kid problems. They don't put up Nazi propaganda, Born To Kill shirts, and have other students flat out say "he was bullied." I will take an educated guess that as this story continues, there will be other warning signs that were ignored.

Comment

Working...
                                X