Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: bu off-season - #1

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Not to mention Melanson coming in as an experienced grad transfer at forward. Exactly the kind of player many here have been calling for to balance the young talent.
    Quinn said at a fan event this summer that Melanson was a candidate for top six. Asked on the RPI thread what we can expect and got this reply from Turk181
    Top 6 is where you will get the max production from Drew. I don’t know the speed of the current BU boys but if anyone is faster than Drew I’ld like to see that. IMO, he was misused the past 2 yrs. by the RPI staff. Drew was in the NYR Prospect Camp following his Fr. season & was invited back the next year by the Rangers & Boston. He turned both invites down because of an injury that ended his season early (early Feb. IIRC) & felt he would be too far behind the other players who would be there. He’s playing for his pro career now so don’t be surprised to see him put up some numbers. Can’t say enough good things about him. Got to know him & his Dad very well the past 3 yrs & they are 1st class people.
    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
      I hope he is an impact player. His resume reads a little like our last forward that was a graduate transfer (outbound)- led team in scoring as a freshman, but didn't do much after that. I know he has good speed, so that should help.
      Don't forget that Melanson is also coming from an AWFUL team. RPI has been a disaster of a program while he was there, so moving to a place like BU if he indeed has some talent may well put a bit of a spark in him. Not to mention he'll also figure to score more points by virtue of playing with better linemates. He'll also be in a situation where he won't be expected to shoulder a large part of the offensive burden. If he had a consistent home on the third line and we got 20 points out of him, experience, and disciplined play that'd be a great situation. His 18 PIM from last season (14, 12 the years prior) would be in the bottom 25% of last year's roster so he appears to do a good job of staying on the ice.
      Last edited by brassbonanza; 09-08-2017, 09:35 PM.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        Don't forget that Melanson is also coming from an AWFUL team. RPI has been a disaster of a program while he was there, so moving to a place like BU if he indeed has some talent may well put a bit of a spark in him. Not to mention he'll also figure to score more points by virtue of playing with better linemates. He'll also be in a situation where he won't be expected to shoulder a large part of the offensive burden. If he had a consistent home on the third line and we got 20 points out of him, experience, and disciplined play that'd be a great situation. His 18 PIM from last season (14, 12 the years prior) would be in the bottom 25% of last year's roster so he appears to do a good job of staying on the ice.
        Due to his speed and grit in the corners, Drew will definitely be an impact for you. He may not be the leading goal scorer, but he will definitely be up there in assists. His speed alone will lead to a lot more goals for Boston University .
        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
          Asked on the RPI thread what we can expect and got this reply from Turk181
          Quite an interesting back and forth on that thread about Melanson. If he matches his 20pts from his freshman year, I'll be more than happy.

Comment

When Brady T committed he definitely wasn't THIS highly regarded. Based on current projections, almost certainly a one and done now though.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              When Brady T committed he definitely wasn't THIS highly regarded. Based on current projections, almost certainly a one and done now though.
              I agree he wasn't as highly regarded. I was even skeptical when around a year ago I heard someone say there were comments that he may be better than his brother. But I guess "Development Happens". And it happens at different times for different players. Greenway's development was definitely later - he seemed to be dropping off the radar during his U18 year.

As far as the one-and-done, I would call it 50/50 at this point, even though I have no insight beyond my own opinion. Part of my thinking is the fact that he chose the college route versus MJ - usually, though not always, means more focus on developing physically, and hey, maybe even making progress towards a degree :-). While he is a potential top-5 pick, he was one day away from being drafted this year, which would have knocked him down a few spots I would imagine.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

When will the numerical roster be posted? I'm curious what the freshmen will have. Tkachuk said in an interview he'll be #27. Which as I mentioned earlier, likely means a returning player switched to 7, since McAvoy is gone, and I would think Brady would get it if it was available. Maybe Harper? I think he might have been #7 at AOF.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                  When will the numerical roster be posted? I'm curious what the freshmen will have. Tkachuk said in an interview he'll be #27. Which as I mentioned earlier, likely means a returning player switched to 7, since McAvoy is gone, and I would think Brady would get it if it was available. Maybe Harper? I think he might have been #7 at AOF.
                  Krys changed his number to 7. Like his dad.

Comment

Penn State sold out their student ticket allotment in 3 minutes.
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Krys changed his number to 7. Like his dad.
                      Ty Amonte took his dad's #3 www.goterriers.com/roster.aspx?path=mhockey
                      Three second-generation Terriers this season, whose fathers played on the '91 HE champs/NCAA finalist team.
                      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Three second-generation Terriers this season, whose fathers played on the '91 HE champs/NCAA finalist team.
                        That's wild $h!t. And it makes me feel old.
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                          Four. Ali McEachern is the manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            Four. Ali McEachern is the manager.
                            That's so awesome!

I'm ready for the season to begin. Not too sure what to expect, but I'm looking forward to this team.

Comment

If only Brady would have taken his dad's number at BU, twenty-fo.....oh wait, never mind.

Seriously, seeing the name Amonte and the number 3 together again is going to be hard to deal with. Tony was the most electrifying player I've seen in all my years watching BU. Eichel was the most dominant, but Amonte was flashy and his 9 GWG's as a freshman (many of them in OT or in the waning moments of regulation) made for a memorable senior year for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhett Hot View Post
                                I'm ready for the season to begin. Not too sure what to expect, but I'm looking forward to this team.
                                Rumor has it your boys will be in contention for the Stanley Cup.
                                God Bless Us All.

'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                                X