bu off-season - #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: bu off-season - #1

When one person accuses you of raping, I suppose there is a possibility that it is all made up (for whatever reason). Once a second, unrelated person accuses you, it paints a pretty clear picture. While criminally there may be nothing that can be done (unless this story brings others out of the shadows), I hope that all other avenues are used to help prevent this guy from being able to hurt another kid.

So sad for Gove and his family.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

For what seasons was this guy on Jack Parker's staff? I mean I find it crazy that BU had this guy on their staff for hockey and once had Sandusky on the football staff.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        For what seasons was this guy on Jack Parker's staff? I mean I find it crazy that BU had this guy on their staff for hockey and once had Sandusky on the football staff.
        According to the press reports, Richardson was an assistant at BU from 1985-86 to 1988-89. Very different from Sandusky, obviously. I don't see anything about this happening while he was a BU coach, any instances of BU administrators being aware of misconduct, and he didn't last long at BU.
        Regardless, it's horrible and it's happened too many times in the hockey community where coaches have a lot of power over players' careers. Graham James in the WHL is certainly an egregious example of that.

Comment

Like to see the timelines with his involvement in the camps at wba and the showering stuff that was mentioned.... ugly
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Quesnelle officially announced as assistant coach.
            Freshman class to be announced tomorrow. https://***********/TerrierHockey/st...48103245922304
            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

For those of you who are following the David Gove story a go fund me campaign is available to help him family (specifically his young son):

https://www.gofundme.com/david-gove-...741bac457a37b4
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                If certain AHLers are an option (not sure if it would have to do with the type of contract they have), I would imagine they would make up at least a third of the roster, which would make it highly unlikely that more than a couple BU guys would go. Of course, before the NHLers went, the Olympic Team was decided in the fall, and players missed the entire season. Would that still be the case? In Tkachuk and McEachern, and maybe Scott Young, once they left for the Olympics, they didn't come back to BU.
                I heard McAvoy talk about JG potentially playing on the Olympic team. It didn't sound like it was anything but a point in time during the season rather than a season-killer like the old days. Scott Young definitely didn't come back after the Olympics. The post-Olympic return of MacDonald and Bourbeau to Harvard in '89 was quite different for the time period.
                "What about my asthma?"
                "Where'd you come from - a scotch ad?"

Comment

Nine member freshman class--and graduate transfer--announced. Five NHL draft picks and a projected 2018 first-rounder (Tkachuk).
                  http://goterriers.com/news/2017/9/6/...s-of-2021.aspx

Comment

It's just crazy that we have SEVEN defensemen drafted in the 3rd round or higher.
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                      It's just crazy that we have SEVEN defensemen drafted in the 3rd round or higher.
                      Seven drafted Ds; just 4 drafted Fs, although it would've been 5 if Brady Tkachuk had been born one day earlier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                        Nine member freshman class--and graduate transfer--announced. Five NHL draft picks and a projected 2018 first-rounder (Tkachuk).
                        http://goterriers.com/news/2017/9/6/...s-of-2021.aspx
                        That's just peachy! But remember, how few teams win the NCAAs if they have to depend on an outsized group of freshmen. I would be more impressed if you needed fewer freshman and had more juniors and seniors. To get that kind of experience and leadership, you need to recruit strong, coachable players who play together well and who also recognize the value of education and care about getting a degree. Without players like Regan and Rodriguez, for example, your record during their senior year would have been vastly different!

Your collection of super duper junior players is exciting, but it puts the coaching staff on a treadmill that requires a semiannual overhaul.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post

Your collection of super duper junior players is exciting, but it puts the coaching staff on a treadmill that requires a semiannual overhaul.
                          well duh!!!! that's their job
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

...Your collection of super duper junior players is exciting, but it puts the coaching staff on a treadmill that requires a semiannual overhaul.
                            The Kentucky of college hockey??
                            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                              The Kentucky of college hockey??
                              Kentucky at least dominates their conference.
                              BS UMass Lowell 2015
                              PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

The good news for BU fans is that they don't have Forrest Gump as their head coach like NU does so it shouldn't be too difficult for them.

I would be more impressed if you needed fewer freshman and had more juniors and seniors.
                                Ah, so that's what NU's secret formula to winning has been for all these years!
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X