This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
    Hometown NHL team, not traveling around all summer watching select tournaments and recruiting. I can see the appeal.
    Also, I am sure, $$$.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      Just makes all the PR from the hiring last spring sound hollow in my opinion.
      Agreed.he used the term "indebted" intimating indebted to the program and he leaves to a great team yeah, but one with disfunction between coach and gm...not good.

I just wish he would have stuck it out for at least the 3-year contract
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
        Agreed.he used the term "indebted" intimating indebted to the program and he leaves to a great team yeah, but one with disfunction between coach and gm...not good.

I think the dysfunction between Quennville and Bowman on the Hawks is a bit overblown. There is no way Granato would go to Chicago if he wasn't comfortable with the situation there. You can't really blame him for seizing this opportunity either. A dynamic coach that has succeeded at every level and with a chance to go to one of the premier organizations in all professional sports. Because of the NHL Salary Cap the Blackhawks will be forced to go with many young players in the line up. Don Granato is a perfect fit for what the Hawks need. He has extensive experience coaching young players. UW will be just fine as well. Tony Granato has established himself as one of the best college coaches in the country in only one season at the helm. Top recruits are now looking at UW as the place they want to be. The Badgers will continue to thrive with the current coaches and whomever they bring in as the new assistant.
        Last edited by rangersrule; 06-15-2017, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I'm in the kinda bitter camp. Now opposing recruiters can use that against UW....."you don't know how long those guys will be around, Junior". Gone after 1 year is a bad look, though Donnie did say UW was ahead of where they thought they would be, though I'm sure he was a big reason for the turn around. TG has some big shoes to fill.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            Yeah, I'm in the kinda bitter camp. Now opposing recruiters can use that against UW....."you don't know how long those guys will be around, Junior". Gone after 1 year is a bad look, though Donnie did say UW was ahead of where they thought they would be, though I'm sure he was a big reason for the turn around. TG has some big shoes to fill.
            Agree with the recruiting scenario and like TJK said, all the bull**** of working together, rah rah, seems hollow. The NHL is so volatile; the team has a worse than expected season, you get a couple big ego guys not agreeing (coach v GM v hockey operations) and the entire coaching staff is on the street.
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
              Agree with the recruiting scenario and like TJK said, all the bull**** of working together, rah rah, seems hollow. The NHL is so volatile; the team has a worse than expected season, you get a couple big ego guys not agreeing (coach v GM v hockey operations) and the entire coaching staff is on the street.
              Hopefully, before he signed that contract he had Charles Barkley's agent look it over.

Go to the 1:15 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7jM3csYSD8

Comment

• Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                Hopefully, before he signed that contract he had Charles Barkley's agent look it over.

Go to the 1:15 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7jM3csYSD8
                Oz had a picture on Twitter the other day of he and his family eating with Kevin Patrick. I wonder if he is in the mix as a potential Assistant Coach?

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                  Oz had a picture on Twitter the other day of he and his family eating with Kevin Patrick. I wonder if he is in the mix as a potential Assistant Coach?
                  I think you are on to something.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                    Well, it's done...

https://***********/brian_posick/sta...71253309329409

Don has been hired by Chicago.
                    Someone better at least call the UWSP head coach to see if he wants in. Doubtful but still.

Comment

I don't see how they could have kept three coaches of that caliber for very long.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
                          Interesting...anyone have a read on OZ's ambitions?

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Interesting...anyone have a read on OZ's ambitions?
                            If Tony thinks Mark is moving on, maybe Strobel would be a good pick. I am sure he would be in for a pretty significant raise over Ohio St.
                            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                              If Tony thinks Mark is moving on, maybe Strobel would be a good pick. I am sure he would be in for a pretty significant raise over Ohio St.
                              I was thinking if Strobel is the number 2 at osu this makes great sense as insurance if OZ leav s because osu recruiting has been good under Rohlik/Strobel

Comment

Todd Milewski has quite a list

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/c...906339fb1.html
                                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Working...
                                X