X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Guns, Guns, And More Guns

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    There's a woman in my office who displays her graduation picture from Strayer. It is both the nicest and saddest thing I've ever seen.

I assumed Gun Sponge's thought at the time was "I can't believe I made it!"

But I'm sure she's headed for a career as an Astrophysicist at CERN.

My favorite story like this is from Dr. Mrs.. When she was in her doctoral program one of her dissertation advisers was a wonderful crotchety, very old school, guy. Basically Christopher Lasch only less pop and more serious scholarship. She was meeting with a mint new faculty member and her adviser walked in, glanced at his PhD mounted on his office wall, and said "Well, I assumed."

So for those of you playing at home: unless you're a medical doctor or a lawyer, don't do that sh-t. Act like you belong there.
    I've seen a few people who have their degrees up at work, even in their cubes(!). I've never understood it but never really thought about it much either. I have mine at home hanging up in my future home office. But no one ever sees them but me. To be honest though, whatever. If it makes someone happy, do it.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      I've seen a few people who have their degrees up at work, even in their cubes(!). I've never understood it but never really thought about it much either. I have mine at home hanging up in my future home office. But no one ever sees them but me. To be honest though, whatever. If it makes someone happy, do it.
      In my time in the Federal Government, managers had the "I love me" wall with every photo of every award they ever received. I guess we were supposed to be impressed.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/article208653029.html
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Yeah, there could be a lot of reasons for it. It might just be vanity. But it might be something else. Maybe they were the first in their family to go to college or get a degree. Maybe someone along the way told them they were wasting their time and money going to college. Maybe they had to work two jobs and take care of a kid at home while they were going to school and they consider it the accomplishment of their lifetime.

My view is that if they want to display the certificates where others can see them, good on them.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
            It's OK, Sean is a member of our "well-regulated militia."

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
              Simpson was able to grab the gun away from the vagrant, Joseph Spataro, who was charged with firing a weapon while intoxicated
              A blatant violation of his rights! Nowhere in the Constitution does it restrict your second amendment rights based on your blood alcohol level.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                Responsible gun ownership. It's everywhere.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The Tennessee coed at the museum was an amateur. No holster; poor concealment.

Meet a pro.
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEC8t0L2Uy4

That would be ... 3 loaded firearms*, 2 spare magazines, and a switch blade on the left thigh.**

*And not compacts, full frames, with magazines
                  **To the tune of the 12 Days of Christmas
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    Meet a pro.
                    I'll say.*

* I dunno where you grew up, but where I grew up, that's a hooker. And a 7, tops.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'll say.*

* I dunno where you grew up, but where I grew up, that's a hooker. And a 7, tops.
                      Hookers are pros.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I'll say.*

A girl's gotta be safe on the job.
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

A girl's gotta be safe on the job.
                          I'll go with the coed. She at least was cute.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'll go with the coed. She at least was cute.
                            I'll go with the business-owner, the one smart enough to reveal her concealed carry on private property.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I'll go with the business-owner, the one smart enough to reveal her concealed carry on private property.
                              Meanwhile, the coed was just aiming for the privates sector.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                Meanwhile, the coed was just aiming for the privates sector.
                                Booooooooooooooo
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X