Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

The Eagles will be tested early on at the Ice Breaker Tournament in Denver, Friday, Oct. 7, against a scrappy Air Force team with good goaltending. They'll play either Denver or Ohio State on Saturday. Six frosh forwards were on the ice in Sunday's exhibition and 4 frosh D. They'll be thrown into the fire next week and it will be a good test for the young Eagles.

Here was the lineup for the exhibition game on Sunday ... Box/Lineup

Looking forward to another fun season of Eagle hockey!
    Go Eagles!
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    The Eagles will be tested early on at the Ice Breaker Tournament in Denver, Friday, Oct. 7, against a scrappy Air Force team with good goaltending. They'll play either Denver or Ohio State on Saturday. Six frosh forwards were on the ice in Sunday's exhibition and 4 frosh D. They'll be thrown into the fire next week and it will be a good test for the young Eagles.

Here was the lineup for the exhibition game on Sunday ... Box/Lineup

Looking forward to another fun season of Eagle hockey!
    Go Eagles!
    Starrett, the Air Force goalie is from Bellingham and originally committed to Boston U.
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

I have no idea where this stacks up against other schedules and obviously York likes going on the road for a couple non-conference weekends but only two of the first 11 games are at home. I'd imagine it could be some tough sledding with all the new faces. Not sure what is expected of Carleton this year in CIS but I was curious and looked it up. They were/are ranked as a top 10 CIS team so wasn't like BC played a bottom feeder yesterday. And if I recall, BC actually lost to New Brunswick last year. Wasn't there but I was told Woll and Edquist acquitted themselves nicely. Looking forward to the season and eventually a home game...and then eventually some additional home games.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        I have no idea where this stacks up against other schedules and obviously York likes going on the road for a couple non-conference weekends but only two of the first 11 games are at home. I'd imagine it could be some tough sledding with all the new faces. Not sure what is expected of Carleton this year in CIS but I was curious and looked it up. They were/are ranked as a top 10 CIS team so wasn't like BC played a bottom feeder yesterday. And if I recall, BC actually lost to New Brunswick last year. Wasn't there but I was told Woll and Edquist acquitted themselves nicely. Looking forward to the season and eventually a home game...and then eventually some additional home games.
        Just so you know, Holy Cross overcame a 5-2 third period deficit to beat Carleton 7-5.

Comment

Ya i saw they played HC saturday

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
            Just so you know, Holy Cross overcame a 5-2 third period deficit to beat Carleton 7-5.
            Was that at the NESC in Marlboro?
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I was at the Carleton game. The goalies did acquit themselves rather well.

Carleton may be ranked in the top 10 of CIS teams, but their team speed was sorely lacking.

It was an extremely dirty game. Scads of penalties. BC's power play looked very poor, including a full 2:00 5-3 that they did not score on.

The freshman were for the most part, not particularly noteworthy, though McPhee scored a very nice goal on an individual effort. Cotton has good size, you can see obvious potential there, but it may take some time for him to develop. The Finnish twins skate well.

I think there are going to be some serious growing pains the first half of this year with the lack of depth and especially lack of experience. It is hard to believe they have no juniors. Going to make for a weird senior night next season, no?
              The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
              BC - 12
              BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

They can just honor the other team's seniors

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  They can just honor the other team's seniors
                  Or perhaps our own senior citizens like FiveHole12 and myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    Was that at the NESC in Marlboro?
                    Yep, the hockey rink/basketball renovations are not done yet at Holy Cross while the indoor football facility will be getting worked on for a few more months.

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                      I was at the Carleton game. The goalies did acquit themselves rather well.

Carleton may be ranked in the top 10 of CIS teams, but their team speed was sorely lacking.

It was an extremely dirty game. Scads of penalties. BC's power play looked very poor, including a full 2:00 5-3 that they did not score on.

The freshman were for the most part, not particularly noteworthy, though McPhee scored a very nice goal on an individual effort. Cotton has good size, you can see obvious potential there, but it may take some time for him to develop. The Finnish twins skate well.

I think there are going to be some serious growing pains the first half of this year with the lack of depth and especially lack of experience. It is hard to believe they have no juniors. Going to make for a weird senior night next season, no?
                      What were you expecting from the freshmen?

I thought that considering that this was their first college game against some older and bigger competition - they played well.

Comment

Originally posted by recruited View Post
                        What were you expecting from the freshmen?
                        About what I got. No apparent immediate difference makers this year. Last you could tell from the get go that White, Wood, and Casey Fitzgerald would be immediate difference makers. None of those in this year's class. Some of these freshman will no doubt develop into good players, but it's going to take time for them to make an impact.

Now if everyone who's supposed to show up next year does and lives up to their reputations, that is going to be the type of talent injection BC fans have become accustomed to.
                        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                        BC - 12
                        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                          me too right Mookie? looks like there's no way to watch this per BCI

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                            Wait... 29 isn't old.
                            Seriously though, I'm no profromdover.

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            me too right Mookie? looks like there's no way to watch this per BCI
                            Yea... you too buddy, you old bahstad!
                            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                              Wait... 29 isn't old.
                              Seriously though, I'm no profromdover.
                              Pro no like hockey no more. He at the theatre tonight watching Wicked
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                              X