Utica College 2016/2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    First 5-0 start in program history, final four at the aud ? How great would that be ? May have to go see them today against a surprising 4-1 Stevenson, something like 20 frosh.

Manhattanville beat Hobart, first place up for grabs !
    Stevenson, like Endicott isn't your normal run of the mill new program. They went into this with the intention of being good. They hired a proven winner coach in Dominick Dawes who won a national championship at Neumann and they gave him a full year and a half to get going on recruiting this inaugural class.

Stevenson will be a contender in the UCHC sooner rather than later.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      Stevenson, like Endicott isn't your normal run of the mill new program. They went into this with the intention of being good. They hired a proven winner coach in Dominick Dawes who won a national championship at Neumann and they gave him a full year and a half to get going on recruiting this inaugural class.

Hopefully he doesn't cheat this time....
      Remy Babineaux
      remyb616@gmail.com
      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
        Hopefully he doesn't cheat this time....
        That team was recruited before he got there. He was a rookie coach when they won. The system was in place far before he got there.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Re: Utica College 2016/2017

looks like those D1 transfers are pulling their weight after all,the U looks like they will be pretty tough.Final 4 at home...good for them

Comment

That team was recruited before he got there. He was a rookie coach when they won. The system was in place far before he got there.
            Was his recruiting class not there when hockey players accounted for 97% of the schools CISIG grants in 2009-2010? (His 09-10 Class had 10 Canadians of the 12 Freshman). In the 3 years he recruited with the CISIG grants (2009-2012) he averaged nearly 80% Canadian Freshman. In the 4 recruiting classes prior it was 60% Canadian Freshman. So yes, while he wasn't directly responsible for recruiting the cheating champions, he surely didn't stop the train until they were caught. Since their infraction notice, incoming Canadian Freshman is 40% and two of Neumanns 3 worse records since the CISIG grants (excluding the original season). Seeing how Stevenson has a whole 10% of their 34 man roster Canadian, I'm guessing he learned his lesson and the only people on campus who know what "Poutine" and "Toques" are won't be only the hockey team.
            Remy Babineaux
            remyb616@gmail.com
            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Stevenson is already a contender in the W, IMO. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see them finish 3rd, maybe even higher...

We here in Utica (aside from his family, as far as I know ) pretty-much despise D. Dawes, but primarily because he has given UC fits since he left town. I don't know whether or not he bent the rules in the past -I'll defer to Richard Petty's credo on that one- but I'll say this: the man knows how to recruit. He even brought that houligan All-American Davis from Neumann to Stevenson with him.

I feel that I can be a friend to all mankind via the cutesy emojis today because Utica has played so well to date. This team is as deep as the Mariana's Trench. They roll four lines, all of which swarm the O-zone like so many enraged hornets, and now that Dill has settled-in, he and Virtanen make an extremely solid tandem in net. The D very seldom does anything noticeably unwise, let alone bone-headed. I could hardly ask for more from my home-town team. But, there is one thing...

Connor Schmidt has to stop taking selfish penalties. He hasn't played anywhere-near well enough to overlook putting his team in jeopardy with a dumb one, as he did v. Stevenson in the 3rd on Sunday. Furthermore, he's accrued too many minutes in the box this season at any rate.

PS: Must be said: Eisenhower of LVC played a game for the ages in net on Saturday. Eye-popping, amazing performance. Never seen a better single-game outing by a goalie in 16 years of D-3. Not once.
              Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-14-2016, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Pretenders or contenders, guess we will find out Saturday night. Don't overlook Elmira fri though. Go Pios !
                Last edited by sshablak; 11-16-2016, 07:44 AM.
                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                  Pretenders or contenders, guess we will find out Saturday night. Don't overlook Elmira fri though. Go Pios !
                  LOL, Who are you kidding? Elmira's a pushover this year ;-)
                  Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
                  Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
                  Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

Originally posted by jconnor View Post
                    LOL, Who are you kidding? Elmira's a pushover this year ;-)
                    Not down there!

(I'll admit that I'd settle for a split... Would prefer the win came at Geneva, though.)

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                      Not down there!

(I'll admit that I'd settle for a split... Would prefer the win came at Geneva, though.)
                      Told you so!

Comment

Originally posted by jconnor View Post
                        Told you so!
                        Yes you did... Was surprised by the score, though. And the win at The Cooler rounded-out a great road weekend.

I noticed that Virtanen left the EC game late. Anyone know if he was injured?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                          Yes you did... Was surprised by the score, though. And the win at The Cooler rounded-out a great road weekend.

I noticed that Virtanen left the EC game late. Anyone know if he was injured?
                          Haven't heard anything

Comment

Think Virtanen is fine, maybe since the score was what it was, Heenan decided give Baggetta a little playing time? Either way, 2 good wins, Hobart game was a hard fought one. Ice bags were definitely needed on both sides. Hoping Fitzpatrick is OK after that hit, hate to see a freshman go down like that. Excited to see the boys back home this weekend.
                            Utica Pioneers Hockey
                            2012-13 Frozen Four Semi-Finalist
                            2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 UCHC Regular Season Champs
                            2017-18 UCHC Tournament Champions
                            2019-20 UCHC Tournament Champions

Comment

Originally posted by UCfan30 View Post
                              Think Virtanen is fine, maybe since the score was what it was, Heenan decided give Baggetta a little playing time? Either way, 2 good wins, Hobart game was a hard fought one. Ice bags were definitely needed on both sides. Hoping Fitzpatrick is OK after that hit, hate to see a freshman go down like that. Excited to see the boys back home this weekend.
                              Any idea of the nature of Fitz's injury?

Comment

Oh well, it was a fun watch anyway...

UMB has some high-end talent. Larkin has D-1 hands, Bustard was terrific in net, the team speed was impressive. Having said that, UC was definitely on the same page and the game was a virtual toss-up in the final analysis.

This weekend will pay off in SOS points in any case, but it sure would be nice to beat Amherst.
                                Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-26-2016, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X