Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
    From HockeyNow's 2016 Minor Hockey Player Of The Year Countdown - December List
    Ethan Leyh: Yale Ban. Prep (CSSBP)
    Can play with anyone. Good neutral-zone player. Looks for the open man. Reads the play well. Sees the ice. Knows where his teammates are all the time. Excellent Skater. Creates scoring opportunities for his teammates. Good playmaker.

Here's another nice blurb on Ethan from Scouting News.
    Fantastic info, love it.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

From Baggot's "Five Takeaways" article:

"The weeklong early signing period for recruits begins Wednesday. NCAA rules prohibit coaches from commenting on prospects until after they sign a national letter of intent, but Don Granato said he anticipates there will be four signing with UW for 2017-18."

Any guess as to which four get to sign first? My guess is the Dhooge's, Inamoto, and Gildon.

I'm assuming they have to wait to see who leaves early (or gets pushed out) before signing anyone else?

Comment

Both Dhooge's, Inamoto, and Baker have all signed...

Comment

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
          From Baggot's "Five Takeaways" article:

"The weeklong early signing period for recruits begins Wednesday. NCAA rules prohibit coaches from commenting on prospects until after they sign a national letter of intent, but Don Granato said he anticipates there will be four signing with UW for 2017-18."

Any guess as to which four get to sign first? My guess is the Dhooge's, Inamoto, and Gildon.

I'm assuming they have to wait to see who leaves early (or gets pushed out) before signing anyone else?
          You got three right. The Dhooghe's, Inamoto, and Baker signed so far. None of which are a surprise to me. Gildon seems like he could be on a path as to having 1 year of USHL experience after his U18 career or playing major junior. Becker and Mersch have me thinking they will be playing college hockey elsewhere but I could be wrong.

I don't like the fact that we will lose Kunin and Besse after this year and no one in the pipeline (next 2 years) has really lit up the scoring sheet.

Also, don't forget that Stillwell signed in the early period last year. I have no idea where he currently stands. Same goes for Parsells.
          Last edited by UWisco; 11-09-2016, 07:17 PM.
          WISCONSIN BADGERS
          NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
          WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
          WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
          B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
          Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
            Both Dhooge's, Inamoto, and Baker have all signed...
            GRAMMER POLICE: both
            bōTH/
            predeterminer, determiner, & pronoun
            determiner: both; pronoun: both

used to refer to two people or things, regarded and identified together.

Just to be clear, you listed three players, just to help you with the math. (I realize you are from WI.)

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
              bōTH/

Just to be clear, you listed three players, just to help you with the math. (I realize you are from WI.)
              I can't tell if this is sarcasm or you are being serious but "both" would refer to Sean and Jason Dhooghe.
              WISCONSIN BADGERS
              NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
              WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
              WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
              B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
              Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

bōTH/

Both Dhooge brothers... Before throwing shade you should probably make sure you are 100% correct. SMH.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
                  Both Dhooge brothers... Before throwing shade you should probably make sure you are 100% correct. SMH.
                  If we waited until we were always 100% correct, I don't think we would have discussions on these boards......what fun would that be?

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                    Gildon seems like he could be on a path as to having 1 year of USHL experience after his U18 career or playing major junior.
                    He is one of your best recruits I don't think he'll go a year in the USHL, otherwise the Gophers would be glad to have him...

Comment

If we waited until we were always 100% correct, I don't think we would have discussions on these boards......what fun would that be?
                      I didn't think we needed to have a grammar discussion on these hockey forums... Especially when it was pretty clear what the poster said and it was true...

Comment

I didn't think we needed to have a grammar discussion on these hockey forums... Especially when it was pretty clear what the poster said and it was true...
                        Well for Gopher Posters, there seems to have been a mass exodus following formation of the B1G so there are much fewer things discussed of any kind. And I feel that, even though I wasn't much of an agitator in the past on here, need to keep up some of the negativity between our fanbases, or the next thing you know we'll be having beer with each other and cheering for each others team in the NCAA 'for the good of the B1G". Then the world might end....

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                          You got three right. The Dhooghe's, Inamoto, and Baker signed so far. None of which are a surprise to me. Gildon seems like he could be on a path as to having 1 year of USHL experience after his U18 career or playing major junior. Becker and Mersch have me thinking they will be playing college hockey elsewhere but I could be wrong.

I don't like the fact that we will lose Kunin and Besse after this year and no one in the pipeline (next 2 years) has really lit up the scoring sheet.

Also, don't forget that Stillwell signed in the early period last year. I have no idea where he currently stands. Same goes for Parsells.
                          Agreed...kind of scary there are no real snipers coming in the next 2 years
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            Are there any available?

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                              I guess we better hope one of these Dmen turns into Justin Schultz/Jamie McBain

Comment

Are there any available?
                                Probably. I think of it this way: Mickey Elick's dad had to point Steven Reinprecht out to Sauer's staff cause he was off many people's radar...now that level of player flying under the radar may be rare but certainly there are some 20-30 point potential guys that can be found by shaking the trees. And 2-3-4 20-30 point a year guys can be huge difference makers.

I'm thinking Shawn Carter, Dan Plante, Mike Strobel, Joe Bianchi types
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X