• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Isn't it federally protected?
    Nope.

Comment

• Re: Nice Planet 14: You People Make Me Sick

White woman doesn't like black people having BBQ in public.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Saw this earlier. You forgot to add, "in Oakland." Oakland!

The fake tears at the end when she's talking to the cop are priceless!

This story is too good to be true, I can't believe the camerawoman got away with that much filming. I've actually gone to the point of putting on the tinfoil and poked around to see if there are any legitimate reports of this whole incident being faked (i.e. - not from Infowars or its ilk).

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Saw this earlier. You forgot to add, "in Oakland." Oakland!

The fake tears at the end when she's talking to the cop are priceless!

This story is too good to be true, I can't believe the camerawoman got away with that much filming. I've actually gone to the point of putting on the tinfoil and poked around to see if there are any legitimate reports of this whole incident being faked (i.e. - not from Infowars or its ilk).
          They're having a big ****ing party there tonight in her honor: https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/bla...big-1825981027

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I really think something is not right upstairs with the white woman. Holy sh*. She was having a full on panic attack.

Hear me out....

Her upbringing, or some (God I hate this term) "trigger" happened, and she freaked out. YES, racist in nature (the whatever reason that caused her to freak out). I think she was genuinely scared.

1. No excuse for her behavior, really.
            2. Also no reason to criminalize her IF IF IF it really was a mental thing (she didn't know how to react, whatever).

My thinking? If she was straight up racist, she'd have gotten angry, more confrontational, in-your-face, sorta thing. She didn't, really. Kept retreating, and broke down.

In the end not defending her, but there is maybe more going on than we know. Thoughts?
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              I really think something is not right upstairs with the white woman. Holy sh*. She was having a full on panic attack.

Hear me out....

Her upbringing, or some (God I hate this term) "trigger" happened, and she freaked out. YES, racist in nature (the whatever reason that caused her to freak out). I think she was genuinely scared.

2. Also no reason to criminalize her IF IF IF it really was a mental thing (she didn't know how to react, whatever).

My thinking? If she was straight up racist, she'd have gotten angry, more confrontational, in-your-face, sorta thing. She didn't, really. Kept retreating, and broke down.

In the end not defending her, but there is maybe more going on than we know. Thoughts?
              "Upbringing" is not a mental issue, Brent.

She is a racist, pure and simple. She called the cops because she needed "protection" and backup. She needed them outta her sight.

Also, since she's a woman, calling the police is her first reaction. If she were a man, then it's much more likely there would've been a confrontation.

Comment

She is a racist, pure and simple. She called the cops because she needed "protection" and backup. She needed them outta her sight.

Also, since she's a woman, calling the police is her first reaction. If she were a man, then it's much more likely there would've been a confrontation.
                Agreed. I grew up listening to my maternal grandmother spew some truly vile stuff in regard to race. Didn't make me inherently scared of black people. Honestly, if I had walked by this BBQ, I would have asked for a taste. Of course I am then the jerk.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

Hear me out....

She kept retreating because she was getting called out by another white person. It's fight or flight, and she chose flight. She had been standing there for two hours harassing the black guys just fine. Her "panic attack" and tears were also wonderfully timed to exactly when she got on the phone with 911 and when the police arrived.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I said upbringing OR mental issue. I know one is not the same as the other. But, if one learns racism growing up and there's something else going on upstairs, that mental issue could have a greater affect on the attitudes one has, you know?

Again, this woman is racist, acted very wrongly. I want to make that clear.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                      She kept retreating because she was getting called out by another white person. It's fight or flight, and she chose flight. She had been standing there for two hours harassing the black guys just fine. Her "panic attack" and tears were also wonderfully timed to exactly when she got on the phone with 911 and when the police arrived.
                      I watched few minutes and then watched the end. What a disgusting pile of trash. Standing and harassing for hours then “why are you following me” and then tears for the white cop

Comment

People of Oakland responded in the best way possible: By throwing a huge cookout.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          People of Oakland responded in the best way possible: By throwing a huge cookout.
                          My brother lives in Oakland. I'll have to ask him about this whole thing.

BTW, the city is gentrifying and much more white than it used to be, much like DC (and much to his complaints).
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            My brother lives in Oakland. I'll have to ask him about this whole thing.

BTW, the city is gentrifying and much more white than it used to be, much like DC (and much to his complaints).
                            One article I read said it was illegal to have a charcoal fire in the park, apparently kids got burned by someone who left the coals behind still going. So they made it illegal
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Why is it assumed she's racist? I admittedly didn't watch much of the video.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                Why is it assumed she's racist? I admittedly didn't watch much of the video.
                                Her actions did seem like she is racist. However (IMO) I think there are deeper issues going on, and I'll stand by my opinion that she was genuinely fearful and those weren't crocodile tears.

It's a fair question, for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X