X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies! The Last Jedi: Ragnarok

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    It's amazing to me how Jason Mamoa has changed the image of Aquaman. When I was a kid he was always the least important member of Superfriends (including Gleek) and was the target of ridicule. Now he's cooler than Batman and Superman...
    It's because the first version you mention was metrosexual Aquaman who just got back from a spa day that included a mani-pedi. He talked about relationships with dolphins.

The new version is a guy who'd hang out in biker bars, out-drinking the regulars, and ride away on a Harley that he won playing 8-ball (having started the night with $20 in his pocket).
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

WB is holding the embargo til Wednesday (actually Tuesday Night) because the local premieres are all on Tuesday. I know I am going to the one here They arent going to have reviews come out before the sneak previews. They opened up the Social Media embargo this afternoon but it is usually their policy to hold reviews until right before release. Even WW only moved up a day and movies like IT and Mad Max didnt at all.

They have screenings tonight and I believe tomorrow as well. They have been screening the movie for bloggers and nerd journalists for the last week or so.

I dont expect it to change my life but I think I will enjoy it which is all I ever care about when I see films
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        It's amazing to me how Jason Mamoa has changed the image of Aquaman. When I was a kid he was always the least important member of Superfriends (including Gleek) and was the target of ridicule. Now he's cooler than Batman and Superman...
        The original one did not have women hoping he'd tear their clothes off and ravish you (with permission, of course).
        Or so I've heard.

Comment

The release date for WW2 has been moved up to November 1, 2019 to avoid direct competition with Star Wars Episode IX. As has been discussed on the other thread, Gal Gadot is not yet under contract for the sequel and may have some very expensive demands for WB to meet.

In other DCEU news, Ben Affleck has decided three days before Justice League is a good time to announce he's looking for a way to leave the role of Batman. That's sure to boost ticket sales and keep the media spotlight on the new movie.

Comment

The Affleck news isnt new...there have been rumors for months about it (even when he denied it) and now he is just ending the rampant clickbait speculation. (some of the worst being done by your faves at Collider) He will do Reeves' The Batman and then probably walk away. WB wont offer him $50 million like they Disney did to keep RDJ making their films (nor should they)

It will have zero effect on how Justice League does no matter what the clickbaiters tell you. You really need to stop reading that stuff

On anther note: Not sure what Disney's endgame is with barring the LA Times from all premiere's now but they might want to rethink that.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              The Affleck news isnt new...there have been rumors for months about it (even when he denied it) and now he is just ending the rampant clickbait speculation. (some of the worst being done by your faves at Collider) He will do Reeves' The Batman and then probably walk away. WB wont offer him $50 million like they Disney did to keep RDJ making their films (nor should they)

It will have zero effect on how Justice League does no matter what the clickbaiters tell you. You really need to stop reading that stuff

On anther note: Not sure what Disney's endgame is with barring the LA Times from all premiere's now but they might want to rethink that.
              Affleck's quote was today in a media availability for Justice League. Maybe he could have kept playing the happy guy for another couple of weeks.

The Disney/LAT thing was cleared up last week wasn't it? The Mouse House capitulated but tried to make it look like the LAT did.

Comment

Bring back bale and nolan.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Agreed.

The Dinner:

Two wealthy couples (husbands are brothers) meet for dinner to catch up with each other. But there is something else on the agenda that could break them.

Flashbacks mixed in with current time, a slow build until the hectic final scenes. Very much dialogue driven, and the characters are really fleshed out nicely. A bit awkward to watch at first, given one of the main characters, but stick with it. I would recommend it, for sure.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    No thanks.

Disney capitulated...huh I honestly didnt know that. They obviously felt the pressure since a bunch of other media said they would boycott all screenings until the Times was let back in. All because they were butthurt over an article about Disneyland and Anaheim.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Anyone here waiting to watch Deadpool 2?

Part 1 is so fascinating that I have to find the song "Wham! - Careless Whisper" at the end of the film to hear over and over
                      stop motion creator review | mobilrr review

Comment

Originally posted by davedr View Post
                        Anyone here waiting to watch Deadpool 2?

Part 1 is so fascinating that I have to find the song "Wham! - Careless Whisper" at the end of the film to hear over and over
                        I am waiting. Hope it's even half as good as the first one. Don't give me something like Kick Ass 2.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I still havent seen the first one. I was supposed to go a couple of times but the people I was seeing it with went without me. Never felt motivated enough to watch it on my own. If my buddies want to check out #2 I will watch it beforehand like I did with X-Men: First Class before seeing Days of Futures Past.

Sadly I dont see as many movies as I used to. I think the last movie I saw was Spiderman: Homecoming cause my best friend is a Spidey freak (he was underwhelmed) and War For the Planet of the Apes cause my dad has loved the Apes films since he was a kid and we love the new series. The amount of movies I am motivated to see drops every year...
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            I still havent seen the first one. I was supposed to go a couple of times but the people I was seeing it with went without me. Never felt motivated enough to watch it on my own. If my buddies want to check out #2 I will watch it beforehand like I did with X-Men: First Class before seeing Days of Futures Past.

Sadly I dont see as many movies as I used to. I think the last movie I saw was Spiderman: Homecoming cause my best friend is a Spidey freak (he was underwhelmed) and War For the Planet of the Apes cause my dad has loved the Apes films since he was a kid and we love the new series. The amount of movies I am motivated to see drops every year...
                            That sounds like me and theaters. Unless it's something that I know will be spoiled beforehand, I'll just skip it, in general. For Deadpool, well Goddam, that was such a repeat-viewing movie. And for your comic book/graphic novel/whatever tastes, I think you'd love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              I am waiting. Hope it's even half as good as the first one. Don't give me something like Kick Ass 2.
                              Hope it is not as bad as Kick *** 2. In my opinion, most of the movies that make up the second or third part have a lot of bad content. There are not too many things to exploit about the character and it does not make it attractive. ( sorry for my bad english)
                              stop motion creator review | mobilrr review

Comment

I'm in favor of giving Batman a rest once Affleck is done mailing it in.

I think Bond also needs a solid 10-year break before its next reboot, once Craig is done with the role.

Comment

Working...
                                X