X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Please...like you would be using red wine.
    Red or White, but I prefer red with crow/gophers. Thinner is good with eagle.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Thinner is good with eagle.
      You may get to try that this year.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
        You may get to try that this year.
        AGAIN! It's delicious.

I'm hopeful with both games selling out months ago there will not be a lot of rodents in the building.

How did I neglect to notice Mauermann was out of the lineup last week? Duh! Hopefully she's back, we need all weapons locked and loaded for this series.

Rolfes is not being honored tonight, she is going through the redshirt process for her So. year, so here's to hoping she's back next year.

On Wisconsin!

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          On Wisconsin!
          I don't know if it rises to the level of a "pet peeve", but I like it when people get it right, and I feel compelled to correct them when people get it wrong.

It is not "On Wisconsin".

It is "On, Wisconsin".

The first one says "with reference to Wisconsin...". The second says "Go Forward, Wisconsin".

On, Wisconsin

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
            I don't know if it rises to the level of a "pet peeve", but I like it when people get it right, and I feel compelled to correct them when people get it wrong.

It is "On, Wisconsin".

The first one says "with reference to Wisconsin...". The second says "Go Forward, Wisconsin".

On, Wisconsin
            Huh. And for almost 60 years I've thought it referred to some Wisconsin fullback trying futilely to plunge past the Gopher's Bobby Bell.
            Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 02-16-2018, 01:37 PM. Reason: futilely is the operative word
            "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
              Huh. And for almost 60 years I've thought it referred to some Wisconsin fullback trying futilely to plunge past the Gopher's Bobby Bell.
              I have always thought it was the ironic "On" Wisconsin.

Comment

You had to go to a Bobby Bell reference because that was the last time you saw the Ax?

Comment

You had to go to a Bobby Bell reference because that was the last time you saw the Ax?
                  What Ax? I'm just glad you didn't mention Bob Schloredt or even Bernie Allen.
                  Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 02-16-2018, 01:56 PM.

Comment

What Ax?
                    Wow! Has it been THAT long?!?

Comment

Wow! Has it been THAT long?!?
                      No, but it has been that long since a Gopher National Championship or even a Rose Bowl appearance.

Comment

It is "On, Wisconsin".

On, Wisconsin
                        Haven't you heard of carpel tunnel syndrome? Dropping the "," has saved me 5187 keystrokes over the years.

Let's go RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I sit across from the UW bench; so I am able to see down the 'tunnel' a ways.

When Shaver went off, I could see her and the trainer sitting on a bench in the tunnel.

It looked like they maybe did a bit of 'concussion protocol', and then were poking around at her right hand, wrist or forearm. They did that for a minute or two, and then headed for the locker room. After a couple more minutes, the trainer came back, and Shaver did not. The trainer talked to Jackie Crum for a minute, then Crum and the trainer talked to Mark Johnson for a minute. Johnson made a bit of a "face", and then he went to talk to Delaney Drake.

Those are some not-great "tea leaves".

The good news is they have next weekend off....

Comment

Honestly, I would rather be playing. Teams don’t seem to do all that well when they return from a by week.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                              Honestly, I would rather be playing. Teams don’t seem to do all that well when they return from a by week.
                              You're down one, and maybe two forwards. I'll take the week off.

Comment

I sit across from the UW bench; so I am able to see down the 'tunnel' a ways.

When Shaver went off, I could see her and the trainer sitting on a bench in the tunnel.

It looked like they maybe did a bit of 'concussion protocol', and then were poking around at her right hand, wrist or forearm. They did that for a minute or two, and then headed for the locker room. After a couple more minutes, the trainer came back, and Shaver did not. The trainer talked to Jackie Crum for a minute, then Crum and the trainer talked to Mark Johnson for a minute. Johnson made a bit of a "face", and then he went to talk to Delaney Drake.

Those are some not-great "tea leaves".

The good news is they have next weekend off....
                                It sucks to see a player get injured in a meaningless game. Being down Mauermann and Shaver is bad. Mauermann was on the bench during warmups with no physical injury seen.

UW made 3 glaring mistakes last night and the rodents just killed it scoring 3 times on beautiful shots. As long as UW cleans up their D transition zone game UM can't beat them. There were periods in the game where UW was not passing but just moving the puck which allowed the rodents to control puck possession, but overall UW had the better of the play.

UW had 3 garbage/scramble goals and a SNIPE to win the game. It was a lot of fun being at the game snatching victory from the jaws of defeat against the uber rival.

Comment

Working...
                                X