X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
    Oh, man. It's only $96 for me to fly there on Saturday and fly back on Sunday night. That is a tempting trip.

Hmm. Wonder if anyone will be hanging out in Chicago on Saturday night.
    TICKETS AVAILABLE NOW PRIOR TO PUBLIC ON-SALE
    The University of Notre Dame and the University of Wisconsin men's hockey teams will host the second game of their January series in Chicago on January 21, 2018 at the iconic United Center arena. The game is scheduled to start at 2 p.m. CST and will air on NBCSN. This is part of a two-year game series deal where the Notre Dame Fighting Irish and the Wisconsin Badgers each play their home game matchup on neutral ground in Chicago.

As a loyal Donor and/or Wisconsin Hockey Season Ticket Holder, you now have the ability to purchase tickets prior to them becoming available to the general public on Friday, November 17.

Ticket Offer Code: UNITEDCENTER
    https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/...275?did=ucalum

Comment

Originally posted by Bratbill View Post
      TICKETS AVAILABLE NOW PRIOR TO PUBLIC ON-SALE
      The University of Notre Dame and the University of Wisconsin men's hockey teams will host the second game of their January series in Chicago on January 21, 2018 at the iconic United Center arena. The game is scheduled to start at 2 p.m. CST and will air on NBCSN. This is part of a two-year game series deal where the Notre Dame Fighting Irish and the Wisconsin Badgers each play their home game matchup on neutral ground in Chicago.

As a loyal Donor and/or Wisconsin Hockey Season Ticket Holder, you now have the ability to purchase tickets prior to them becoming available to the general public on Friday, November 17.

Ticket Offer Code: UNITEDCENTER
      https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/...275?did=ucalum
      Thanks.

Is there an official "Badger" section?
      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
        Thanks.

Is there an official "Badger" section?
        Everywhere. If there are designated sections, then it'll be fine if you sing, "We sit where we want! We sit where we wa-a-ant...we are Wisconsin! We sit where we want!"

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          If you had the clipboard, what line would you like to see give it a go together?
          Are any of the players pigeon holed in a certain spot, like this guy IS a C and this guy IS a W?
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            Are any of the players pigeon holed in a certain spot, like this guy IS a C and this guy IS a W?
            Realistically, any of the C's can play W. A few of the W's would make lousy C's, but that's like, just my opinion, man.

You're the Coach, you can put Tischke on the wing and Weissback in goal if you want.
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by burd
              In my experience, Badger fans have been courteous but a little uneasy when Sioux fans sit near them at the KC, as if they are aware they look a little shabby in comparison. Always makes me feel a little bad.
              That's actually seething hatred you see, but it's understandably confusing. I've read that less mentally abled folks often have great difficulty picking up on social cues.
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

That's actually seething hatred you see, but it's understandably confusing. I've read that less mentally abled folks often have great difficulty picking up on social cues.
                Why, that's nice of you to say, Wisko.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                  Everywhere. If there are designated sections, then it'll be fine if you sing, "We sit where we want! We sit where we wa-a-ant...we are Wisconsin! We sit where we want!"
                  This. Especially the song.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Realistically, any of the C's can play W. A few of the W's would make lousy C's, but that's like, just my opinion, man.

You're the Coach, you can put Tischke on the wing and Weissback in goal if you want.
                    Here are my lines.

Freddy - Malone - Weissbach : Malone is very creative, he can help awaken the wings
                    Baker - Hughes - Freytag : The wings can help awaken Hughes
                    Wags - Johnson - Zimmer : Zimmer can be awaken by Will and Wags
                    Zirbel - Ford - S Dooghe : I trust these guys

I had not looked at the scoring team summary until just now. It was shocking negatively to see in the stats how Hughes and Freddy were doing, and even Weissbach. Positively shocking are Baker's and Johnson's numbers.

Hayton's numbers are not good either, but it's hard to dump a lot of responsibility on him due to the play in front of him and I haven't seen enough of him to do the eye test. I also don't like all the media attention either, just leave him alone and let him play. It's just so weird that UW allows a few shots a period and they end up in the net more than once.

I've always been a fan of Zimmer's. The dude has a history of scoring, let's get him in a spot where he can show it.

PK is BAD @ 80%.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      Here are my lines.

Freddy - Malone - Weissbach : Malone is very creative, he can help awaken the wings
                      Baker - Hughes - Freytag : The wings can help awaken Hughes
                      Wags - Johnson - Zimmer : Zimmer can be awaken by Will and Wags
                      Zirbel - Ford - S Dooghe : I trust these guys

I had not looked at the scoring team summary until just now. It was shocking negatively to see in the stats how Hughes and Freddy were doing, and even Weissbach. Positively shocking are Baker's and Johnson's numbers.

Hayton's numbers are not good either, but it's hard to dump a lot of responsibility on him due to the play in front of him and I haven't seen enough of him to do the eye test. I also don't like all the media attention either, just leave him alone and let him play. It's just so weird that UW allows a few shots a period and they end up in the net more than once.

I've always been a fan of Zimmer's. The dude has a history of scoring, let's get him in a spot where he can show it.

PK is BAD @ 80%.
                      One of the nice things about this team is the depth. You can plug guys in anywhere up and down the line up and it doesn't seem weird. This would work, and the way Tony changes, who knows, it'll probably be on the card one of these weeks. Going back to the C vs. W I'd maybe put Wags in the middle of your third line as he's played some C in the past. I wouldn't mind your top line at all, we may even see it this week.

Zimmer has just doomed himself with his play without the puck in his last starts, which seems to have put him in the doghouse. There's no doubt he's talented, it just seems like he hasn't quite been able to get his motor up to the pace of play, and when he does, he seems to be feeling the pressure to perform and is tight. While changing up so much does seem to pay dividends later in the season, I think it's hard on guys like Zimmer who really needs to build some confidence. It's tough when you feel like your going to get yanked for any mistake. But that is the way of any sport at any level. Just have to find a way to believe in yourself.

With Hayton I'm just hoping he settles in here and gets going consistently. It's a big change for him all around and I wonder if all the summer work didn't take bit of a toll. At St. Larry's he was also used to seeing quite a few shots, but they packed it in around the net more. Here he's not getting much consistent action in games, and we're not doing a lot of packing it in, but rather pressuring a lot more. So he's going from zero to a guy breaking in on the doorstep pretty fast. It's certainly different for him, but he has to meet the challenge.
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                        Per their FB page, "Wisconsin Hockey Backers" is organizing a day trip to UC for the Sunday Jan 21st game. Although I can drive with the best of 'em down in Chicago, I certainly would do this rather than fight parking, driving, etc.
                        Most details are in...........http://www.wisconsinhockeybackers.com/road-trips
                        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Tim and I were thinking about moving Freytag up the line up, but he's listed as doubtful with an upper body injury. Tough break for him, hopefully he's back quickly.

Time for the boys to put it all together tonight against the big blue Weasels. And time for Freddy to get back on top of the game before this turns into a real scoring slump like Besse had last year.

Speaking of Besse, Grant has broken out of the scoring doldrums this year with the Atlanta Gladiators. He's at a pt/gm with 7+7 in 14gp so far.
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONee4Xjvpoc
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Speaking of Besse, Grant has broken out of the scoring doldrums this year with the Atlanta Gladiators. He's at a pt/gm with 7+7 in 14gp so far.
                              He's with the Norfolk Admirals. I was wondering why I hadn't heard he was in my neck of the woods.
                              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                                He's with the Norfolk Admirals. I was wondering why I hadn't heard he was in my neck of the woods.
                                Yes, thank you. My brain was inexplicably stuck there for some reason. I was just happy to see Bess putting the puck away.
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X