Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
    ...and no BC in the top 15.
    WOW... I didn't even see that. To have BC below any team without a goalie who's got any college experience is a joke... But at least 15 spots difference?
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Re: College Hockey Blog's "Extremely Early Preaseason Top 5"

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
      My Top 15

1. Minnesota
      2. Notre Dame
      3. North Dakota
      4. Union
      5. Cornell
      6. Michigan
      7. Miami
      8. W. Michigan
      9. SCSU
      10. Denver
      11. Ohio State
      12. BU
      13. UNO
      14. UMass Lowell
      15. Michigan State
      you forgot someone.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        you forgot someone.
        Um, no I didn't. Those are my predictions. Feel free to make your own.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
          Why not pick AIC preseason #1. At least it'll get some extra page views.
          AIC is always #1 in my poles. Pre-season, during the season, and post season. You just can't stop the swarm!

Comment

HOW can you say the team that ran a train on the entire field including your next year's #1 (who's losing the only goalie that has seen ice for them) 6-1 and is returning the goalie who gave up 2 goals in the 4 NCAA games will not be a top 15 team next year and expect people to take you seriously? They could probably be the 15th best team if they returned no one
            Last edited by SCSU Euro; 04-15-2012, 05:26 PM.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

OK, I predict you're a fool.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Why do you guys even take the bait? Everyone knows that BC was in a different class than anyone else this year and while they no doubt do lose some key players, they return their starting Goalie, who was the Tourney MVP I might add, and 12 of their 18 skaters, many of which had close to, or over 40 points this year. Add to that several blue chip recruits and you'd have to be delusional to think they're at least not top 5 material.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                  HOW can you say the team that ran a train on the entire field including your next year's #1 (who's losing the only goalie that has seen ice for them) 6-1 and is returning the goalie who gave up 2 goals in the 4 NCAA games will not be a top 15 team next year and expect people to take you seriously? They could probably be the 15th best team if they returned no one

I disagree. I think they rode an insanely hot goaltender who was playing way above his skill level this season. He'll fall back to the mean next season. And with the departures and graduations they've had, I don't think they'll make the tourney next year. And if they do, it will be as a bubble team.

Comment

....and yet MN, who has NO goalie and whose returning players didn't even show up in the FF are going to be #1, yup, that's the ticket

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                      ....and yet MN, who has NO goalie and whose returning players didn't even show up in the FF are going to be #1, yup, that's the ticket
                      Minnesota played poorly that game, but they also ran into a hot goaltender. I think Minnesota returns the most talent. I don't think goaltender will be an issue. I think Minnesota will be the team to beat, but I also like Notre Dame and North Dakota. Those teams should score a scary number of goals next season too.

Comment

I got news for you Dubbs... Minnesota didn't play that bad of a game, a lot of Gopher fans acknowledged that. BC was just THAT much better.

So if Haula, B Jugs and Rau all left, where would the Gophers fall to? 2nd? Tied for 1st?

Comment

Minnesota played poorly that game, but they also ran into a hot goaltender. I think Minnesota returns the most talent. I don't think goaltender will be an issue. I think Minnesota will be the team to beat, but I also like Notre Dame and North Dakota. Those teams should score a scary number of goals next season too.

You obviously did not follow BC for the season and that is ok. Most people can not keep up with all the teams in the NCAA and only see other teams in the tournament. However, if you think BC was only good because of a hot goaltender and that they are not returning a ton of talent, you are in for a horrible surprise next season.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                            I got news for you Dubbs... Minnesota didn't play that bad of a game, a lot of Gopher fans acknowledged that. BC was just THAT much better.

So if Haula, B Jugs and Rau all left, where would the Gophers fall to? 2nd? Tied for 1st?
                            Some of the Gopher's top players (Bjugstad, Rau, Haula, Patterson) had a bad game. Bjugstad was a shell of himself. Patterson wasn't all to blame for the goals scored, but he didn't play a great game.

If Bjugstad, Rau, and Haula leave, I think the Gophers are a bubble team, if not out of the tourney next season.

Comment

Some of the Gopher's top players (Bjugstad, Rau, Haula, Patterson) had a bad game. Bjugstad was a shell of himself. Patterson wasn't all to blame for the goals scored, but he didn't play a great game.

If Bjugstad, Rau, and Haula leave, I think the Gophers are a bubble team, if not out of the tourney next season.
                              Even with those loses, I think the gophers would make the tournament and stand a chance of doing well in it. They would still have a lot of talent, but the biggest difference from past years (before this one) is a healthy head coach and the right assistants.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                                Even with those loses, I think the gophers would make the tournament and stand a chance of doing well in it. They would still have a lot of talent, but the biggest difference from past years (before this one) is a healthy head coach and the right assistants.
                                I don't know. That's an awful lot of scoring they would lose. There is always the possibility that someone could up their game and fill the gap, but I don't think I'd have them in my Top 15 preseason.

Comment

Working...
                                X