Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
    The Rutter and KRACH both assign a rank to Saint Anselm, Holy Cross and Saint Michaels (and the ECAC-East would be computing an even less competitive score without them).
    Ahh my mistake. Fair enough then

It doesn't help when one of your traditional powers (Manhattanville) is having an off year either. Plus, New England College is not as strong as they have been in recent years either.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      Ahh my mistake. Fair enough then

It doesn't help when one of your traditional powers (Manhattanville) is having an off year either. Plus, New England College is not as strong as they have been in recent years either.
      The NESCAC is currently hardly knocking them dead, either, what with Trinity in eclipse and the failure of Bowdoin or Conn to step into the spotlight. My figures show NCHA #1 at an average rank of 23.9, ECAC-West at 24.6, NESCAC at 25.7, MIAC at 26.9 and ECAC-East at 30.5 (32.4 without the DIIs). None of this addresses the intangible judgement of "most competitive" conference play night in night out.

Comment

Look, there is no sense in beating a dead horse. All I am saying is that on any given day , a number of teams in the ECACE can adequately compete with any team in any league on any given night. what rankles me is my impression that sometimes posters try to improve the artificial position or standing of their team by denigrating the quality of hockey in other leagues. Something like Norwich is not as good as their record due to the inferiority of the teams in their league, so my team(fill in the blank) is better than their record due to the real or imagined difficulty of their league schedule.I just don't buy that argument. End of story and discussion from this end.

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
          My figures show NCHA #1 at an average rank of 23.9, .
          That sounds about right
          UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
          NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
          Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
            That sounds about right
            How many national titles does the NCHA have?
            GO LAKERS!!!
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              How many national titles does the NCHA have?
              Well if the ECAC-W beat up on eachother every weekend like the NCHA instead of playing teams like chatham...oh wait..we have Finlandia
              UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
              NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
              Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                Well if the ECAC-W beat up on eachother every weekend like the NCHA instead of playing teams like chatham...oh wait..we have Finlandia
                To get back on the topic of Norwich Womens hockey.......is it me or is the Norwich goaltender, Kelly Fisk, the Rodney Dangerfield of NCAA D3 hockey this season???? She leads the country in sv % @ .962% is tied for the lead in shutouts with 4 and has an 8-0 record....and we never hear anything about her and I would not have known any of this if I had not gone out and looked myself.......I really do not want to hear the ECAC E league argument cuz all the leagues have "little sisters of the poor" in them that the stronger teams beat up on ...and it is not like she is playing every game it looks like her and Plamedon are pretty much alternating so I do not think they are "cherry picking" games for her....and Palmedon is right there as well with a great season.....I saw Fisk play in the Elmira game in the very beginning of the year and she looked good then, big kid and she moved well...........
                Last edited by mainiac; 01-16-2012, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Time to get this thread back on top with this:

******* width="560" height="315">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4zjdOVrZ2a0?version=3&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4zjdOVrZ2a0?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true">

Comment

Originally posted by Derek Dunning View Post
                    Time to get this thread back on top with this:

******* width="560" height="315">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4zjdOVrZ2a0?version=3&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4zjdOVrZ2a0?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true">
                    A big congrats goes out to Julie Fortier (#7) on tying the NU women’s hockey all time points record, catching up to Sophie’s 163 points, with a nice (diving) assist in the game vs. Middlebury, which you can see here…

http://www.wptz.com/video/30470753/detail.html

I thought she gave a good interview too.

Not having visited these pages yet this season, I figured I’d scan back a page or two and see what’s going on, who’s saying what and so forth.

I see 5 4 intent to injure is still wishing his daughter would of followed Debus to NU. I’m surprised DHS has not declared him a terrorist and sent him to Cuba. 

And yes, it’s strange how the ECAC east is this year. I mean Castleton with the record they have? What happened to Manhattanville? Didn’t they recruit a bunch of high school captains a couple of years ago?

I will add though that next year will be interesting, with a bunch of NU’s top brass graduating. And with money tight (and getting tighter) at most schools going forward, it will be interesting to see where the top D3 recruits end up. But with a great core to build on, including that kid (Anderson) who is wearing the #9 jersey now, and filling those shoes nicely, I see Norwich at the Frozen Four again next year.

So for those parents/kids reading this that are still undecided, the bottom line is that you get what you pay for. Norwich has the best rink, coaching staff, and school in the nation.

Oh, and the best sports information dept too! Keep up the good work Prez.
                    Last edited by hockeydaddy; 02-16-2012, 02:20 PM.

Comment

...and it is not like she is playing every game it looks like her and Plamedon are pretty much alternating so I do not think they are "cherry picking" games for her....and Palmedon is right there as well with a great season.....I saw Fisk play in the Elmira game in the very beginning of the year and she looked good then, big kid and she moved well...........[/QUOTE]

Actually Mainiac sir Kelly IS the go to starter for the big games... well, in my book anyway. Now, don't get me wrong, we are fortunate to have two high quality goalie's. I will add though that Fisk was between the pipes for the Amherst loss, and although I was not there to see the goals against her, she didn't get much help from the offense either, given the 2-0 final. Speaking of Amherst, does Plumer still wear that hat, like my dad use to wear back in the 50's? Great chapeau.
                      Last edited by hockeydaddy; 02-18-2012, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Just a reminder to all Norwich fans, the gold third jerseys that the women have worn a few times this year are currently up for auction. The auction ends Saturday at the conclusion of the game against Holy Cross.

There are still a couple of jerseys that don't have bids on them. Here's your chance to own a piece of Norwich women's hockey history. Let's get at least a minimum bid on all these jerseys to continue to help support the program!

http://www.alumni.norwich.edu/s/758/...ion2162012.pdf
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by hockeydaddy View Post
                          Actually Mainiac sir Kelly IS the go to starter for the big games... well, in my book anyway, and I'll tell you why. Coach gave Plamondon the green light back at the begining of the season vs RIT, and after letting in two weak ( and I do mean weak) goals, well, it's been all up hill for her since. Now, don't get me wrong, we are fortunate to have two high quality goalie's, but Fisk has yet to let her fans down vs east teams, and has the record ( as you pointed out) to back it up. I will add though that Fisk was between the pipes for the Amherst loss, and although I was not there to see the goals against her, she didn't get much help from the offense either, given the 2-0 final. Speaking of Amherst, does Plumer still wear that hat, like my dad use to wear back in the 50's? Great chapeau.
                          He indeed still wears the hat.
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Fortier and Anderson earn major awards as Norwich dominates ECAC East season awards for second straight year

^Linky-poo

Eight different Cadets earn 10 different awards from the ECAC East tonight. Way to go ladies!
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by hockeydaddy View Post
                              ...and it is not like she is playing every game it looks like her and Plamedon are pretty much alternating so I do not think they are "cherry picking" games for her....and Palmedon is right there as well with a great season.....I saw Fisk play in the Elmira game in the very beginning of the year and she looked good then, big kid and she moved well...........
                              Actually Mainiac sir Kelly IS the go to starter for the big games... well, in my book anyway. Now, don't get me wrong, we are fortunate to have two high quality goalie's. I will add though that Fisk was between the pipes for the Amherst loss, and although I was not there to see the goals against her, she didn't get much help from the offense either, given the 2-0 final. Speaking of Amherst, does Plumer still wear that hat, like my dad use to wear back in the 50's? Great chapeau.[/QUOTE]

I was at the game vs. Nichols last weekend and noticed that Plamedon was no longer on the roster........what gives? I also noticed that the new #1 in the program was a Sophie Mondell.....Pray tell is this the same Sophie Mondell that had played at NAHA???? If so where was she and in all reality....they may have just gotten actually deeper in goal

Comment

Originally posted by mainiac View Post
                                Actually Mainiac sir Kelly IS the go to starter for the big games... well, in my book anyway. Now, don't get me wrong, we are fortunate to have two high quality goalie's. I will add though that Fisk was between the pipes for the Amherst loss, and although I was not there to see the goals against her, she didn't get much help from the offense either, given the 2-0 final. Speaking of Amherst, does Plumer still wear that hat, like my dad use to wear back in the 50's? Great chapeau.

I was at the game vs. Nichols last weekend and noticed that Plamedon was no longer on the roster........what gives? I also noticed that the new #1 in the program was a Sophie Mondell.....Pray tell is this the same Sophie Mondell that had played at NAHA???? If so where was she and in all reality....they may have just gotten actually deeper in goal [/QUOTE]

Sophie Mundell had been playing on the Norwich mens club hockey team this year prior to being rostered by the Womens team. Not sure what happened to Plamondon.

Comment

Working...
                                X