Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    as soon as Brown went down you knew it wasnt going to be easy but they came close, still more optimistic now than i have been in a few years. Brown and Dillon are impressive . Brown will get even better and i'm not sure about Dillon getting better because he's a beast right now.
    I was hoping Wade could do the same like in the Louisville game off the bench. I did not like the play selections at times from Daz but Wade does better on read options or roll outs 🏈lost opportunities on the earlier drive that resulted in a pick and no points🏈same on other drives killed by negative plays
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

A real shame that in retrospect the 3 points they gifted them on the blocked punt at the end of the 1st half was the margin of defeat. Of course, those are the type of mistakes you EXPECT will come back to bite you in the end.
      The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
      BC - 12
      BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
        A real shame that in retrospect the 3 points they gifted them on the blocked punt at the end of the 1st half was the margin of defeat. Of course, those are the type of mistakes you EXPECT will come back to bite you in the end.
        I don’t like the play on first down with plenty of time about 2 minutes🏈

They should have been in the 2 minute offense mode

Game and clock management often what ****es fans off about this coach 🎃🍿🍺
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

as soon as Brown went down you knew it wasnt going to be easy but they came close, still more optimistic now than i have been in a few years. Brown and Dillon are impressive . Brown will get even better and i'm not sure about Dillon getting better because he's a beast right now.
          #fireaddazio
          Originally posted by mookie1995
          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Only 6 more games in the first half🔥5 of 6 are Hockey East games. If they can come out on top, on this stretch I think it will indicate where the team is at 🏒at this stage of the season.

I can see them gaining more confidence and chemistry with such a young team.

Even Harvard is struggling right now along with our rivals down the street on Comm Ave.

If the offense starts to click then I see hope for a post season berth but let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

On defense I want to see improvements in our zone and less mistakes that lead to turnovers, penalties and goals for the opposition.
            Last edited by BCeagle; 11-12-2017, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
              #fireaddazio
              he had to win out to have any chance of coming back and probably not even if he had . the new AD wants his own guy in there, can't blame him

Comment

he had to win out to have any chance of coming back and probably not even if he had . the new AD wants his own guy in there, can't blame him
                There is zero chance Addazio gets canned after those 3 straight ACC wins and the contract extension going through 2020 thanks to Brad Bates. There is legitimate hope for the program all of a sudden but obviously you can't avoid the fact that Addazio's lack of coaching chops will lose close games (see Saturday). Offensively there are guys all over the place that show promise for a few seasons. AJ Dillon will legit be a Heisman contender going forward barring injury.

Jarmond's #1 issue is Jim Christian and that is going to have to be fixed immediately.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

plus it's about to be bowling season!!!!! you guys are golden
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

The funny thing about hoops is they have a great backcourt and got a very good transfer from Illinois State. Actually have some talent but who the hell knows if that translates into any wins this year.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Grando player of the week. Kid has been awesome. Unexpected too. When i watch him i see a kid who must have been totally under the radar. Just a reminder the pundits aren't always right.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        There is zero chance Addazio gets canned after those 3 straight ACC wins and the contract extension going through 2020 thanks to Brad Bates. There is legitimate hope for the program all of a sudden but obviously you can't avoid the fact that Addazio's lack of coaching chops will lose close games (see Saturday). Offensively there are guys all over the place that show promise for a few seasons. AJ Dillon will legit be a Heisman contender going forward barring injury.
                        you could be right but i hope not Dillon is as good as the Penn St kid who was stuffed the past 2 weeks

Comment

BC is the only team in the country to have freshman leading the team in passing(Brown), rushing(Dillon) and receiving(White). fwiw
                          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                            BC is the only team in the country to have freshman leading the team in passing(Brown), rushing(Dillon) and receiving(White). fwiw
                            it's worth something for sure. If these kids sucked it wouldn't but clearly they don't suck.

Comment

Rather unusual to play two road games back to back Friday and Saturday against two different opponents. Usually only the Maine and Vermont series are played that way and that is against the same opponent in the same rink. Have to think BC is at a disadvantage because of that the second night against NU. Most times a split between Friday and Sunday or Thursday and Saturday is done to even out the disadvantage. Wonder if BC tried that with the scheduler or not?

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                                Anybody know why he did that or what caused the incident to happen ?
                                The games I've seen Woll has been taking some cheap shots behind the play and he has retaliated and gotten caught 3 times. Wisconsin whacked away at him all night when they skated by the crease and in scrums at the net. He finally retaliated and punched a guy in the head near the end of the 2nd.

It seems pretty clear the refs are fine with the slashing, body hits etc. so he's just gonna have to suck it up and take it or become more invisible when he dishes out the payback.

No excuse for the kicking though. That's not very smart and it's dangerous.
                                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                                X