You Just Can't Make This Stuff Up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You Just Can't Make This Stuff Up!

Well, that certainly adds a wrinkle to the hot-stove discussion, trying to figure out which coach has best prepared his/her team for a global economic collapse. I like to think that Frost, because he stresses process over results, would quickly transition from teaching penalty killing to foraging for food, and thereby set the Gophers up for success, but that is just a guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
      Well, that certainly adds a wrinkle to the hot-stove discussion, trying to figure out which coach has best prepared his/her team for a global economic collapse. I like to think that Frost, because he stresses process over results, would quickly transition from teaching penalty killing to foraging for food, and thereby set the Gophers up for success, but that is just a guess.
      I'll take Matt Desrochers over Frost but that's just my Eastern bias .
      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
        I do. I agree. (And Aug 15/71 for your information was the second time that the US government had defaulted on its obligations (on behalf of its citizens, of course)...nothing to be proud of...financial deadbeats). But you are right...the petro dollar scam was brilliant (and crooked like everything the US government does) in that it allowed US citizens to live way beyond their means...because everyone else was paying the freight for them...so Americans enjoyed a substantially higher standard of living than they otherwise would have been able to accomplish honestly...in other words, US citizens have been freeloading off the rest of the planet for over 40 years...like Uncle Charlie who showed up at the door looking for a handout and then forgot to leave. (I guess that should have been Uncle Sam).

You don't seem to be aware that this charade is coming to an end because the petro dollar scam is unravelling and has been for a few years...in case you are not aware Gaddafi and Hussein, among others, are dead because they threatened this US Ponzi scheme. The US has murdered and maimed millions of people because of it. This is something that you are proud of? When enough threads have unwound themselves from the petro dollar scam the US dollar as the reserve currency of the planet is history. So, stock up on your cheap goods while you can because you are going to get crushed in the not too distant future because Americans will experience a drastic decrease in their standard of living. The freeloading will be over and the mega hangover will begin. I mentioned this here five years ago and since then it has only progressed further toward its logical conclusion...implosion due to long overdue economic realities forcing themselves on Americans for which you can thank your government for creating a fake world for you to live in in the first place. A world of hurt...it won't be a pleasant place to live...not that it is now.

I agree with you here as well.

Monarchies, Royalty etc. are one of the most unbelievably absurd concepts in existence that millions of people still foolishly salivate over. The ancestors of kings and queens were nothing but local thugs, albeit successful thugs, who needed serfs to do their bidding for them in exchange for "protection" usually within the walls of the newly and forcibly stolen castle ...(exactly the same thing that's been going on in the US for years now by the way...a time honoured scam that most people usually fall for because they fail to think for themselves). A protection racket on steroids. So those who admire these people are really admiring the descendants of thugs...kind of setting the bar embarrassingly low, I'd say...thereby proving their serf mentality. Some things never change.

You stroke yourself unnecessarily. Not much to digest and certainly nothing to choke on. You made a couple of good points and I agree with them. But you don't seem to understand or be aware of the end game. That will be extremely costly for you if you don't correct it...and quickly.

And how does this relate to women's hockey for those who can't connect the dots? Ask yourself how many here, most of whom are Americans, are going to be able to afford to go to women's hockey games and to pay for the parking not to mention the cold dogs and warm beer or even to pay for the streamed games when enough unravelling has occurred. Worse, women's hockey may no longer exist, a victim, among many, of economic realities. I asked a question or two here about this five years or so ago with respect to how this would affect recruiting and no one responded which told me that it was a pretty safe bet that no one was aware of the situation which means most will be blindsided. Everyone will suffer because the planet is so interconnected but Americans will suffer the most. For the most part the winners will be the ones who lose the least, however, there will be a very small minority who actually profit, who see their standard of living increase, because they saw it coming years ago and wisely took advantage of the time afforded them and took the necessary steps to protect themselves.

And, that would be 10,000 lakes to 100,000 lakes (at least if you are referring to this province) but how could you be expected to know that?
        A+ on the mansplainin'
        the last line was a nice touch, it wouldn't be proper form without it

the tie into hockey is a little weak though, seems like an afterthought
        but if that's the best you can do ...

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
          the tie into hockey is a little weak though, seems like an afterthought
          I didn't think I needed to connect the beach ball sized dots with jumbo sized crayons for you.

If almost everyone suffers a substantial decrease in their standard of living that means that they have less disposable income, if any at all. That means that parents and grandparents will be less flush and therefore less inclined or able to pay for their kids/grandkids university education (the criminal central banks around the planet have already destroyed millions of senior's retirement plans with their reckless low interest rate policies without a further reason being needed for seniors to tighten their purse strings) which means less money coming in the front door to the universities, including those with women's hockey programs. And many prospective students themselves who were going to borrow the money to go to university with having fewer employment prospects from which to pay back their student loans will be forced to reconsider their plans. At the same time because businesses (corporations/institutions) don't exist in a vacuum, since everything in an economy ultimately boils down to individuals, they will suffer as well (since individuals are being crushed) and, as a result, so will their donor generosity...so there will be less juice flowing in through the universities' back door as well. This translates into less scholarship money, if there's any at all, being available to recruit/entice players. The only options left to the universities will be to increase their fees/tuitions, which of course would be financially suicidal in that environment, or to drastically reduce their expenses.

They will look at big budget items that they can eliminate quickly with the stroke of a pen as UND just did and women's hockey is a big budget item...several players to a team, expensive equipment, ice time, air fares/bus fares, hotels, meals, trainers, therapists, insurance, etc., etc...not to mention the further incentive that every D1 women's hockey team loses money.

And UND is not alone in axing their women's hockey program...WSU did the same thing about eight years ago.

When the squeeze is bad enough everyone goes into survival mode...including universities. They will do their Jethro Bodine guzzintas (unlike the Lam's) and see the gigantic writing on the wall and at least one of those lines will say "Women's Hockey".

Where the planet is financially and has been for many years is not on the map. Nowhere to be found...as in "completely uncharted waters"...with the criminals in charge (US government and the federal reserve for the most part and their lackeys and stooges around the planet) trying to hold off the inevitable which is daily becoming more imminent and which is only making the final reckoning more painful than it ever had to be. (But the freeloading and its accompanying power and influence is hypnotically enticing...why ruin a good gig?).

When the trailing edge of the hurricane makes landfall it's going to make the leading edge that was experienced in 2008-9 look like a cakewalk...that period will be referred to as the good ole days.

It's a negative spiral downward. Leading up to this as I mentioned in my last post will be individual fans being affected as I've described.

Now, maybe the worst case doesn't occur and maybe only a few universities end up axing their women's hockey programs...but that still affects women's hockey. Or maybe that doesn't even happen but there will be effects of some sort...it's just a question of to what degree? But to think that there will be no negative consequences for women's hockey is unrealistic.

Comment

I didn't think I needed to connect the beach ball sized dots with jumbo sized crayons for you.

If almost everyone suffers a substantial decrease in their standard of living that means that they have less disposable income, if any at all. That means that parents and grandparents will be less flush and therefore less inclined or able to pay for their kids/grandkids university education (the criminal central banks around the planet have already destroyed millions of senior's retirement plans with their reckless low interest rate policies without a further reason being needed for seniors to tighten their purse strings) which means less money coming in the front door to the universities, including those with women's hockey programs. And many prospective students themselves who were going to borrow the money to go to university with having fewer employment prospects from which to pay back their student loans will be forced to reconsider their plans. At the same time because businesses (corporations/institutions) don't exist in a vacuum, since everything in an economy ultimately boils down to individuals, they will suffer as well (since individuals are being crushed) and, as a result, so will their donor generosity...so there will be less juice flowing in through the universities' back door as well. This translates into less scholarship money, if there's any at all, being available to recruit/entice players. The only options left to the universities will be to increase their fees/tuitions, which of course would be financially suicidal in that environment, or to drastically reduce their expenses.

They will look at big budget items that they can eliminate quickly with the stroke of a pen as UND just did and women's hockey is a big budget item...several players to a team, expensive equipment, ice time, air fares/bus fares, hotels, meals, trainers, therapists, insurance, etc., etc...not to mention the further incentive that every D1 women's hockey team loses money.

And UND is not alone in axing their women's hockey program...WSU did the same thing about eight years ago.

When the squeeze is bad enough everyone goes into survival mode...including universities. They will do their Jethro Bodine guzzintas (unlike the Lam's) and see the gigantic writing on the wall and at least one of those lines will say "Women's Hockey".

Where the planet is financially and has been for many years is not on the map. Nowhere to be found...as in "completely uncharted waters"...with the criminals in charge (US government and the federal reserve for the most part and their lackeys and stooges around the planet) trying to hold off the inevitable which is daily becoming more imminent and which is only making the final reckoning more painful than it ever had to be. (But the freeloading and its accompanying power and influence is hypnotically enticing...why ruin a good gig?).

When the trailing edge of the hurricane makes landfall it's going to make the leading edge that was experienced in 2008-9 look like a cakewalk...that period will be referred to as the good ole days.

It's a negative spiral downward. Leading up to this as I mentioned in my last post will be individual fans being affected as I've described.

Now, maybe the worst case doesn't occur and maybe only a few universities end up axing their women's hockey programs...but that still affects women's hockey. Or maybe that doesn't even happen but there will be effects of some sort...it's just a question of to what degree? But to think that there will be no negative consequences for women's hockey is unrealistic.

I missed the part where I can buy your DVD for 3 easy payments to save myself from the coming apocalypse at not end up with the rest of the doomed population!

Comment

Impressive, wish I had written that
              [B]

I agree, college sports could be in for rough times, all those students in debt up to their ears, or working as a barista with a Masters or Doctorate degree probably aren't as ripe for plucking as baby boomers.

well yes and no

not everyone in the US will be hit the same, some people see the future and plan for it, some don't
              and just like 9/11, the housing bubble, dot com crash, yada yada, it won't affect just people in the US, it will affect globally, including Canucks
              and some plan better than others, some people even relish hard times, if you invested in the stock market post housing bubble bust when S&P was at a low, your money has quadrupled, if you bought real estate, or muscle cars, or ...

Bad times are good times if you play your cards right.

You sound mad, like one of the Canucks who tied their wagon to the Chineze, thinking the US was going down the tubes. You are underestimating the capacity of Yankee Ingenuity. The Chineze are good at following orders but they haven't had an original thought since like 2000 years ago. They can build stuff we design, or copy it, but otherwise forget it. They are a dog with a bark but no bite.

Comment

USCHO: come for the economic theory! Stay for the ethnic slurs!

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
                  USCHO: come for the economic theory! Stay for the ethnic slurs!
                  you are aware that one of the NHL pro teams call themselves the Canucks, right?
                  slang, not slur

Comment

I agree, college sports could be in for rough times, all those students in debt up to their ears, or working as a barista with a Masters or Doctorate degree probably aren't as ripe for plucking as baby boomers.

well yes and no

not everyone in the US will be hit the same, some people see the future and plan for it, some don't
                    and just like 9/11, the housing bubble, dot com crash, yada yada, it won't affect just people in the US, it will affect globally, including Canucks
                    and some plan better than others, some people even relish hard times, if you invested in the stock market post housing bubble bust when S&P was at a low, your money has quadrupled, if you bought real estate, or muscle cars, or ...
                    You're absolutely correct. And sure it will affect others like Canadians but it will affect Americans the most and by far because the US is the epicenter of all the financial corruption and the house of cards make believe standard of living that's already been discussed. It's unfortunate but it is reality.

Bad times are good times if you play your cards right.
                    I agree completely but the problem is that most people aren't even aware of this stuff, so they can't plan for something that they are not aware of...hence, the blindsiding that I mentioned. But it's even way worse than all this but not a mention of it by the presstitutes on MSM in the US for sure nor by their counterparts here.

And yes to the rest of it as well...it's known as crisis investing or more accurately crisis speculating...it's what the very smart money does...taking advantage of distortions in price vs value that are usually caused by government meddling in the economy/market.

You sound mad, like one of the Canucks who tied their wagon to the Chineze, thinking the US was going down the tubes. You are underestimating the capacity of Yankee Ingenuity. The Chineze are good at following orders but they haven't had an original thought since like 2000 years ago. They can build stuff we design, or copy it, but otherwise forget it. They are a dog with a bark but no bite.
                    This is the second time you have made that reference about the Canadians and the Chinese (the first time was a year or so ago). As I told you at the time, I didn't know what you were referring to then nor do I now.

And here, I added the part of your sentence that you forgot..."They can build stuff we design, or copy it, and then we buy it all from them, but otherwise forget it."

And I agree with the basic premise of Yankee Ingenuity but no amount of it will repeal the law of gravity. Uncharted shoal filled, mine filled waters, leveraged to the hilt like never before in the history of the planet in a corrupt financial system, within a corrupt political system with an attempted coup playing out in broad daylight and on tv everyday by the unelected Deep State (the de facto US government) and most people just go about their business like there's nothing wrong...there, here and everywhere else while being constantly lied to by the MSM about what's really going on. What could go wrong?

So women's hockey is in the crosshairs to one degree or another...just like most everyone and everything else is too.
                    It's actually much worse than we've been discussing.

(And by the way, here's an original Chinese thought for you that it sounds like you are not aware of. Ever heard of the Silk Road? OBOR...One Belt One Road? The largest infrastructure undertaking in human history...roads, railways, airports, shipping lanes, ports, pipelines etc.,etc., linking the Chinese Pacific with the European Atlantic. An economic, financial and cultural master stroke. It's Marco Polo on steroids. It's presently well underway and is the brainchild of the Chinese conceived about three years ago. It will encompass most of the planet's population. Who do you figure they're not going to have any or much need for? And that goes for all the partner countries enroute who will have major skin in the game. And you can thank your successive governments for this. Check it out). And while this is going on the us congress will soon be battling it out again about where the money is going to come from to keep the lights on. There is just no comparison. The Chinese are long term planners while western governments have the attention span of a gnat. That would be bad enough but your "government" regardless of stripe is even worse because of who is really in charge and what their agenda is.

Hopefully, in five years we'll still be here discussing women's hockey but right now that prospect is looking rather dim.
                    Last edited by Blackbeard; 05-23-2017, 08:28 PM.

Comment

This is the second time you have made that reference about the Canadians and the Chinese (the first time was a year or so ago). As I told you at the time, I didn't know what you were referring to then nor do I now.

You say you don't understand my reference to Canadians tying their cart to the Chineze, yet you go on to say how the Chineze are going to rule the world or something.
                      so that's what you are counting on, the Chineze turning your natural resources into something the Euro's will buy, nice plan

And I agree with the basic premise of Yankee Ingenuity but no amount of it will repeal the law of gravity. Uncharted shoal filled, mine filled waters, leveraged to the hilt like never before in the history of the planet in a corrupt financial system, within a corrupt political system with an attempted coup playing out in broad daylight and on tv everyday by the unelected Deep State (the de facto US government) and most people just go about their business like there's nothing wrong...there, here and everywhere else while being constantly lied to by the MSM about what's really going on. What could go wrong?
                      that's what the second amendment is for

the founders recognized they may be creating a flawed system, they had the foresight to ensure there was a solution for that, Yankee Ingenuity again, nearly all other governments don't have this provision that ultimately gives power to the people, why? because in those countries the people aren't in power
                      Last edited by pokechecker; 05-24-2017, 01:08 PM. Reason: no where does the 2nd guarantee the right to hunt or sport shoot, it is specifically for removing a corrupt gov and says so

Comment

You say you don't understand my reference to Canadians tying their cart to the Chineze, yet you go on to say how the Chineze are going to rule the world or something.
                        so that's what you are counting on, the Chineze turning your natural resources into something the Euro's will buy, nice plan
                        It occurred to me afterwards what you might have been referring to but if I'm correct about that I don't understand your concern. It's smart not to put all your eggs in one basket.
                        As for the rest of the above...???.

that's what the second amendment is for

the founders recognized they may be creating a flawed system, they had the foresight to ensure there was a solution for that, Yankee Ingenuity again, nearly all other governments don't have this provision that ultimately gives power to the people, why? because in those countries the people aren't in power
                        I've said this before here and I will say it again. I think your Founding Fathers were brilliant. They weren't angels but they were brilliant. They understood human nature and that sociopaths are often drawn to government and tried to guard against it. They stressed constant vigilance but this is what has been lacking...the citizens not holding the government's feet to the constitutional fire for decades has gotten you to where you are now. All their work and brilliance has been decimated and ripped to shreds by Obama the "Constitutional" lawyer Hahaha...that's hilarious...and Dubya before him stripping you of your rights and freedoms while turning the conversation inside out trying to get you to believe that you are benefitting...the majority of American people have been asleep at the wheel for decades and the entire world has suffered as a result, not just Americans. The pitchforks and torches should never have been put into deep storage. These people should be hanging from their ankles from the nearest tree as a gift to the crows.

But it's coming. Desperate people do desperate things. Interesting what hunger and hopelessness do to people not to mention an almost certain hyperinflation.

We live in interesting times.

Comment

It occurred to me afterwards what you might have been referring to but if I'm correct about that I don't understand your concern. It's smart not to put all your eggs in one basket.
                          As for the rest of the above...???.

I've said this before here and I will say it again. I think your Founding Fathers were brilliant. They weren't angels but they were brilliant. They understood human nature and that sociopaths are often drawn to government and tried to guard against it. They stressed constant vigilance but this is what has been lacking...the citizens not holding the government's feet to the constitutional fire for decades has gotten you to where you are now. All their work and brilliance has been decimated and ripped to shreds by Obama the "Constitutional" lawyer Hahaha...that's hilarious...and Dubya before him stripping you of your rights and freedoms while turning the conversation inside out trying to get you to believe that you are benefitting...the majority of American people have been asleep at the wheel for decades and the entire world has suffered as a result, not just Americans. The pitchforks and torches should never have been put into deep storage. These people should be hanging from their ankles from the nearest tree as a gift to the crows.

But it's coming. Desperate people do desperate things. Interesting what hunger and hopelessness do to people not to mention an almost certain hyperinflation.

We live in interesting times.
                          The People have been maginalized. The Government now is now Supreme. How the People ("We the People" & "of the People, by the People, and for the People") get back in control is the subject of many discussions. It's going to take some sort of a revolution.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            It's going to take some sort of a revolution.
                            apparently you missed it, it is already under way

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              It's going to take some sort of a revolution.
                              I agree completely.

I came to this conclusion about 7-8 years ago when I started to understand how systemic the problems are...when I figured out that these things never get corrected because there were enablers, bureaucratic enablers, there had to be, without knowing that there was a collective name for them...the Deep State. The problem with the problems is that there are many who want things that way and to remain that way because it is very profitable to them (the Deep State)...lives be ****ed whether it be those of make believe terrorists or your own kids coming home in body bags...or maimed physically and or emotionally/mentally to the point where they cannot integrate back into society and are screwed for the rest of their lives. To the enablers these naïve people are expendable, they've past their best before date..."Next". Just human fodder for their sick aspirations.

So, again, I agree with you completely because it's unrealistic to think that an outsider or someone who doesn't buy into that game plan can change things back to something approximating "normal". JFK tried and look what he got for his troubles. He would have had a much easier time of it...now it has been entrenched into the US fabric of life for 44 more years since. He was actually acting on Eisenhower's stern public warning about the Deep State to the American people as he was leaving office. And JFK was the last one who tried...until now...until Trump. And look at what the Deep State and the US presstitutes are doing to him...anything to stop his destroying their scam...no matter how ridiculous the stories are that they have to make up because there might be enough people stupid enough to believe them. Even if it means endlessly provoking nuclear powers. Even if it means a slow motion coup d'état for the world to see on tv while they reach for their popcorn. These people need to be institutionalized...no, I was right the first time re: the tree and the crows. My biggest concern for Trump before the election was that if he did get elected that he might get JFK'd. Right after they are elected they all get the perfunctory sit down...during which they have it explained to them how things really work...and what a nice family they have and how it would be a shame if anything happened to them. I'm sure Trump has had his. But it looks like he has already been co-opted by some of the things he's done which are contrary to his repeated election promises. Instead of draining the swamp it appears that he has become part of it. I really don't think he understood what he was getting himself into. How powerful and determined these sociopathic criminals are...they will stop at nothing. They are sick.

Remember The Green Dragon Tavern.

Comment

This board will never get to 20 members if we have to pass a philosophy test before we can talk women's hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X