This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

I just heard Luke Kunin tore an ACL yesterday. Oooof.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      I just heard Luke Kunin tore an ACL yesterday. Oooof.
      I was really looking forward to his callup too.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
        8-17-4 to end the season after starting 6-2. Wow, just wow. Hard to believe they could be this bad.
        I feel your pain, as you have company out East: UNH ended their season 10-20-6 after starting 6-1-1, winning just one (1) game since Pearl Harbor Day as they closed the season 1-15-5 over their final 21 games ...

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
        Lost 7 of last 8 games, losing by a combined score of 21 to 41. Allowing 5.125 goals per game over that stretch while scoring just 2.625 is just plain terrible.
        The Mildcats scored just 88 goals on the season, their lowest season output since their transition years from DivII to DivI play in the late 1960s. Only a single player recorded double-digit goals (11), and their leading scorer topped out at a whopping 24 pts (5-19-24) in 36 games played. Their 'offense,' such as it was, put up just 2.44 g/g (47th Nationally), yet they yielded just 2.89 ga/g, a tribute to their propensity to lose/tie so many 1-goal games ...

Unlike the situation in Madison, where at least some of you Badger fans are beginning to doubt the effectiveness of the post-Eaves coaching staff, UNH has already pulled the trigger: Dick Umile wrapped up his 28-year career in Durham this past weekend, with his hand-picked successor (his former player Mike Souza) set to succeed him as Head Coach before the puck drops next Fall. Fans of programs accustomed to year in/year out success not unsurprisingly get agitated when the Dark Times set in, and Wisconsin can certainly point to a much greater level of sustained excellence/results (how many Nat. Champ. trophies in your trophy case again?) than New Hampshire. But I think the process of getting knocked down and getting back up again is a slog no matter the program pedigree; I expect there'll be a few more years of hand-wringing in both fan bases before the gloom is swept away in the Kohl and Whittemore Centers ...

Comment

• Originally posted by jeteye1717 View Post
          I feel your pain, as you have company out East: UNH ended their season 10-20-6 after starting 6-1-1, winning just one (1) game since Pearl Harbor Day as they closed the season 1-15-5 over their final 21 games ...

The Mildcats scored just 88 goals on the season, their lowest season output since their transition years from DivII to DivI play in the late 1960s. Only a single player recorded double-digit goals (11), and their leading scorer topped out at a whopping 24 pts (5-19-24) in 36 games played. Their 'offense,' such as it was, put up just 2.44 g/g (47th Nationally), yet they yielded just 2.89 ga/g, a tribute to their propensity to lose/tie so many 1-goal games ...

Unlike the situation in Madison, where at least some of you Badger fans are beginning to doubt the effectiveness of the post-Eaves coaching staff, UNH has already pulled the trigger: Dick Umile wrapped up his 28-year career in Durham this past weekend, with his hand-picked successor (his former player Mike Souza) set to succeed him as Head Coach before the puck drops next Fall. Fans of programs accustomed to year in/year out success not unsurprisingly get agitated when the Dark Times set in, and Wisconsin can certainly point to a much greater level of sustained excellence/results (how many Nat. Champ. trophies in your trophy case again?) than New Hampshire. But I think the process of getting knocked down and getting back up again is a slog no matter the program pedigree; I expect there'll be a few more years of hand-wringing in both fan bases before the gloom is swept away in the Kohl and Whittemore Centers ...
          Wow... I remember guys like Krog, Hemingway, Souza etc all.

Mid to late 90's unh was **** fun to watch.

I hope Souza can turn it around for you.
          Last edited by solovsfett; 03-05-2018, 09:17 PM.
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

article by Todd M: http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/c...A8D8C325175FCC
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Was this our worst Sr. Class ever?

Comment

Originally posted by Crainer View Post
                If you measure that by the number of wins, yes. They had the lowest number of wins in a four year period in the 55-year history of the program. The total record during that time frame was 46-79-18.
                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                  If you measure that by the number of wins, yes. They had the lowest number of wins in a four year period in the 55-year history of the program. The total record during that time frame was 46-79-18.
                  that's ugly and should never happen again....
                  Last edited by WiscTJK; 03-06-2018, 11:01 AM.
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

• Originally posted by Crainer View Post
                    Not to be snarky, but I'm sure 99% of us knew that it was. One of Eaves' last classes, decommits, never gots, and the result is what we got except for a couple.
                    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

saw this CHART on https://www.buckys5thquarter.com/ showing goal differential throughout the year on average. Note its ugly.

*******https://www.dropbo*****/s/a07lyg5d6x...g?dl=0********

someone needs to show me how to get pictures to post in the reply...
                      Last edited by WiscTJK; 03-07-2018, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                        Not to be snarky, but I'm sure 99% of us knew that it was. One of Eaves' last classes, decommits, never gots, and the result is what we got except for a couple.
                        I honestly think if Eaves would’ve signed Tyler Sheehy when he had the chance, he may still be the coach of the Badgers. Sheehy played with Boeser in Juniors, which would make it easier for the coaching staff to remember where Brock was playing.
                        Sheehy, Boeser and Kunin on the same team? Who needs D? If I remember correctly Chuck implied many times that if we wanted Sheehy he would come. Just kills me to watch him tear us up every time he plays us. But maybe for the best, we’ll see.

Comment

Working...
                        X