X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: comcast dropping big ten network in non big ten states

Bua ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
    Barry Alvarez is such a genius.......
    The impetus for b10 hockey in his eyes was b10 could get more exposure. Yeah brah, hockey is world’s apart from football. It’s kind of odd how much of a cement head Alvarez is. I mean how do you get to be an AD when you’re that myopic or ignorant?
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      First it was the FCS channels and now BTN. I believe Fios has all of those..
      Correct. NESN too (although I don't live anywhere near New England)
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        ...But an apt/townhouse cannot ban you from installing a dish overall.
        Not true. Laws vary from state-to-state and municipality-to-municipality but, for the most part, prohibitions against installing dishes and the like on rental properties and on common elements of condominiums are generally enforceable.
        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
          Not true. Laws vary from state-to-state and municipality-to-municipality but, for the most part, prohibitions against installing dishes and the like on rental properties and on common elements of condominiums are generally enforceable.
          Got a patio that faces the South/West? You can easily install a dish on a stand on the patio, just weigh it down so the wind doesn't move it. Last apartment complex I was in was dead set against residents having satellite TV *unless* (and this was in the fine print) it was mounted on a free-standing pole not physically affixed to the building or deck.

Also saw a setup in a different complex a friend was in where people who had south facing large picture windows, and no balcony, mounted the dish inside the apartment facing out the window.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
            Hidden in a small entry on my bill here in Massachusetts is a note that Comcast will no longer be carrying the big ten network
            along with other networks including SNY
            This causes us to lose one of few outlets that carry hockey (big ten) and SNY usually has some Quinnipiac games
            Isn't UMass looking for a home for its football team?
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              Got a patio that faces the South/West? You can easily install a dish on a stand on the patio, just weigh it down so the wind doesn't move it. Last apartment complex I was in was dead set against residents having satellite TV *unless* (and this was in the fine print) it was mounted on a free-standing pole not physically affixed to the building or deck.

Also saw a setup in a different complex a friend was in where people who had south facing large picture windows, and no balcony, mounted the dish inside the apartment facing out the window.
              I've been reading that satellite installers themselves are now reluctant to affix dishes to buildings, even if you own the house. One reason is once you install a dish on your roof, you can (usually) never take it down because it will leave holes in your roof. (When I left DISH, the satellite dish remained on my roof until I had the roof redone. At that point, the roofer took the dish down and disposed of it for me.) They are now strongly suggesting you install a dish on a free standing pole, and affix the pole in the ground.
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                I've been reading that satellite installers themselves are now reluctant to affix dishes to buildings, even if you own the house. One reason is once you install a dish on your roof, you can (usually) never take it down because it will leave holes in your roof. (When I left DISH, the satellite dish remained on my roof until I had the roof redone. At that point, the roofer took the dish down and disposed of it for me.) They are now strongly suggesting you install a dish on a free standing pole, and affix the pole in the ground.
                I live in a townhouse. I put a DirecTV dish on my roof and I had to buy a special mounting bracket or something. You are right, it will damage the roof.
                Originally posted by SJHovey
                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                  I live in a townhouse. I put a DirecTV dish on my roof and I had to buy a special mounting bracket or something. You are right, it will damage the roof.
                  And that is why in an apt complex, you would lose the deposit, to fix that damage. There have been lawsuits about this issue. Technology is always a mess.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    And that is why in an apt complex, you would lose the deposit, to fix that damage. There have been lawsuits about this issue. Technology is always a mess.
                    Should apartments facing south & west charge more for rent??
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Should apartments facing south & west charge more for rent??
                      Why not? Some charge more for a view. Supply and demand. Simple economics...
                      Russell Jaslow
                      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I pay a little more than other 1 BR apts, since I have vaulted ceilings.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Mookie would pay extra for bjs
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Of course, they already have to pay more for running an AC unit in the summer, compared to those with northern exposures...

Comment

Working...
                            X