X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.22 - The Genius of Donald Trump

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Everyone is going to get something they like ... CUT ... under this DOA bill. Actually, that's a better name: DOA. It's not passing as is. Let it get porked up and it might.
    Not everybody. That's one of the problems with the bill. So, not truthful at all.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
      Not everybody. That's one of the problems with the bill. So, not truthful at all.
      How about the Blow a Hole in the Budget and Destroy the Middle Class So the Filthy Rich Can Rape Us All Even More Roughly without Vaseline Act?
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
        Everyone is going to get something they like
        God, not you, too?

Is there anybody on the right with functioning brain cells anymore?
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Who's the more stupid, Donnie, or Donnie Jr.?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ushpmg00000003

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
            Who's the more stupid, Donnie, or Donnie Jr.?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ushpmg00000003
            I look forward to his lesson about alcoholism on March 17th.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              God, not you, too?

Not sure if serious, based on where you cut off his post.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                You must concede it's more truthful than the PATRIOT Act (which did the unpatriotic, in creating things like warrant-less searches under certain criteria).

Everyone is going to get something they like ... CUT ... under this DOA bill. Actually, that's a better name: DOA. It's not passing as is. Let it get porked up and it might.
                I'm not so bleep you.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  The masochist says "beat me, beat me!"

The sadist says, "no."
                  Wonderful.

Comment

Third Way, a center left policy think tank that advised Hillary's campaign, decided to go on a tour of middle America and other parts of the country that flipped from Obama to Trump trying to figure out what information they could glean by meeting with these groups of people. Unsurprisingly they didn't like what they heard and their report reflected something entirely different than what people actually told them.

At the Labor Temple Lounge in Eau Claire, nine gruff, tough-looking union men sat around a table. One had the acronym of his guild, the Laborers International Union of North America, tattooed on a bulging bicep. The men pinned the blame for most of their problems squarely on Republicans, from Trump to Governor Scott Walker. School funding, the minimum wage, college debt, income inequality, gerrymandering, health care, union rights: It was all, in their view, the GOP’s fault. A member of the bricklayers’ union lamented Walker’s cuts to public services: “If we can’t help each other,” he said, “what are we, a pack of wolves—we eat the weakest one? It’s shameful.”

But their negativity toward Republicans didn’t translate to rosy feelings for the Democrats, who, they said, too frequently ignored working-class people. And some of the blame, they said, fell on their fellow workers, many of whom supported Republicans against their own interests. “The membership”—the union rank-and-file—“voted for these Republicans because of them **** guns,” a Laborers Union official said. “You cannot push it out of their head. A lot of ‘em loved it when Walker kicked our ***.”

Debriefing after this particular group, the Third Way listeners said they found the union men demoralizing. “I feel like they can’t see their way out,” Hale said.

“They were very negative,” Paul Neaville, another researcher, concurred.

They were so fixated on blaming Republicans, Hale fretted. “It was very us-and-them.”
                    The report surprised me when I read it. Despite the great variety of views the researchers and I had heard on our tour, the report had somehow reached the conclusion that Wisconsinites wanted consensus, moderation, and pragmatism—just like Third Way. We had heard people blame each other for their own difficulties, take refuge in tribalism, and appeal to extremes. But the report mentioned little of that. Instead it described the prevailing attitude as “an intense work ethic that binds the community together and helps it adapt to change.” (Third Way disputes these characterizations of its report.)

This supposedly universal belief in the value of hard work was the researchers’ principal finding from their trip to Wisconsin. “It is their North Star, guiding their sense of what is right and wrong, inside and outside of WI-3,” the report states. In the face of challenges, from school budget cuts to factory closures, the community had responded “with a fierce work ethic and a no-nonsense attitude.”

We had certainly heard some of that, but it wasn’t all we heard. In many cases, the report presents only one side of an issue about which we’d heard varying views. For example, it quotes a local employer who sang the praises of automation, but none of the union members who worried about jobs disappearing. It quotes a technical-college instructor proclaiming that crises in the education system create opportunities, but none of the public-school teachers who saw their classrooms gutted by voucher programs.

The report is short, covering only three big takeaways from the seven listening sessions Third Way conducted. The first is the importance of hard work; the second is the need for a strong workforce. The third, described in a section entitled “Just Get the Hell Out of My Way,” is locals’ purported antagonism to big government. “Whether the question is about immigration or banks, taxes or welfare, the people we spoke to generally felt that government policies were irrelevant to their daily lives,” it states. This view is made to sound like one that was broadly expressed, but in fact, we mostly heard it in just one session—the group of curmudgeonly farmers. Almost all of the quotations in this section are drawn from that group. There are no quotations from the people we met who were pro-government, such as the teachers and laborers and activists, who voiced concern that local, state, and federal government ought to be doing more to take care of people.

According to the report, the community’s “biggest frustrations” are “laggard government and partisan squabbling.” “The idea that such bickering can be tolerated in D.C. is appalling to most,” it states. The good people of western Wisconsin, Third Way found, wanted nothing so much as a society where people could put aside their differences. The report quotes a man who said, “We come together on projects and solve problems together.” It doesn’t quote any of the Wisconsinites we met who expressed partisan sentiments or questioned the prospect of consensus.

The researchers had somehow found their premise perfectly illustrated. Their journey to Trump’s America had done nothing to unsettle their preconceptions.
                    *facepalm* *head-desk* JFC

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...merica/543288/

Comment

I care that the guy who could incinerate my family has less cognitive capacity than my cat.
                      Must spread rep.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                        Wonderful.
                        Yeah, that was perfect.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Sounds like Third Way. And Bill and Hillary, and all their DLC triangulation. Republican-lite, when the people are screaming out for a New Deal era Democrat with balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            That is the stuff (I think) dx and I are talking about. That shouldnt be allowed. There should be rules about that and regulations preventing it. You can educate people to the teeth but you and I both know that for the average person if a doctor tells them they should take it, they will.
                            Was thinking of this. NPR had something on 2 diff shows talking about the pt satisfaction surveys. The Presidential commission made recommendations and one was to get rid of that.

Comment

Bingo.

Cornell University

Comment

God, not you, too?

You left out the key word: cut.
                                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X