Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brown Hockey 2016-17: The Importance of Being Ernst

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    Unless someone has inside info none of the NHL Teams have released their Prospect Development Rosters yet Mike. I’ve been checking all the NHL Team sites & most say they’ll release rosters the end of June/early July.
    Thanks.

Comment

Brown is pretty well-represented in the Foxboro summer pro league. I'm thinking of checking out one of Team Harlow's games.

http://www.foxborosportscenter.com/p...493-pro-league

Comment

...and for the third year in a row, Tim Ernst has the coolest pads in the country.

https://***********/hashtagtimernst/...49456856006656

Comment

The $ thrown at Lars Tiffany must have been truly been substantial. Even though, it must have been a tough decision in the circumstances after the shabby treatment of Dom by Va.
          http://www.insidelacrosse.com/articl...ad-coach/35623

Comment

I was checking out tonight the status of Brown's NHL/AHL players regarding contracts, trades. Came across this site with Harry Z's name:
            https://www.theknot.com/us/julianne-...#wedding-party. Lot of teammates in the wedding party.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
              Are any players heading for an NHL team camp this summer?
              Other than the previously Drafted players the only Free Agent so far is Tommy Marchin who’ll be in Winnipeg’s camp. About 15 NHL Teams still haven’t posted their Development Camp Rosters.
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Max Gottlieb to L.A. Kings development camp.

Comment

Totally agree with his influence! I think we just cant overemphasize importance of Being Ernst in this season of Brown Hockey. I'm a huge fan of him!
                  best essays at handmadewritings | best writing at writingsguru

Comment

Matt Lorito is leaving Albany for the NHL two year two way contract with the Red Wings. Nothing yet as to whether Bobby Farnham and Yann Danis will stay with the Devils organization. Harry Z signed a one year NHL two way contract with Nashville.

Comment

Kdiff: Have you gone to see Team Harlow play? I heard the other day that Nick Lappin is playing on the same line with Jimmy Vesey and Jack Eichel. Not a bad line

Comment

Kdiff: Have you gone to see Team Harlow play? I heard the other day that Nick Lappin is playing on the same line with Jimmy Vesey and Jack Eichel. Not a bad line
                        Not yet! I think my friend, who is a BC season ticket holder, and I are planning to go to the game on 7/13 since there will be lots of Brown and BC guys prominently featured. I'd LOVE to see Lappin playing with those two! Can you imagine that line on the same team at the college level? I'd be surprised if all three players didn't get to 50 points.

Comment

Matt Lorito is leaving Albany for the NHL two year two way contract with the Red Wings.
                          TSN's Bob McKenzie reported that Matt's contract for the first year is $575K in the NHL and $300 in AHL and second year is $650/275; and that he received a signing bonus of $50K. He also added that Detroit got a "gem".

Comment

From a Penguins logger reporting on Sam Lafferty at Penguins Prospects Camp. Note his comment on Bobby Farnham.

SAM LAFFERTY

BLUE MOUNTAIN MAN

The Johnstown area has always been a strong hockey market, which was proven again when the team was named Kraft Hockeyville and hosted a well-received exhibition game between the Penguins and Tampa Bay Lightning last fall.

The State College area is an emerging hockey hotbed as well, with the Penn State program on the upswing and Terry Pegula bringing an NHL exhibition game between Buffalo and Minnesota to the University Park campus this fall.

Penguins prospect Sam Lafferty, a Hollidaysbur native, hails from right in the middle of those two towns.

“It’s good to see,” Lafferty said. “I know a lot of my friends went to that exhibition game in Johnstown. What a cool environment that was. I think the game is steadily growing in the area and it’s good to see.”

A fourth-round pick in the 2013 draft, the 6-foot-1, 185-pound Lafferty has put up modest numbers in his two seasons at Brown University since being chosen. In his estimation, though, his prospect development is on the right track.

“I think just all-around, just staying on the right path, trying to get a little better,” Lafferty said. “I think that adds up over time. I definitely feel a step faster this year. I feel good.”

These days, Lafferty is fighting a perception problem when he lets people know he plays at Brown. The college’s most famous hockey alumnus, among Penguins fans anyway, is agitating winger Bobby Farnham.

No, Lafferty has to tell people, all Brown forwards don’t spend all their shifts flying around the ice like their hair is on fire like Farnham does.

Lafferty is more of a two-way forward with good athleticism and smarts who can kill penalties and chip in a bit offensively. He doesn’t play like Farnham, but he does look up to him.

“He’s done a great job, fighting to stay in the NHL,” Lafferty said. “He’s a guy I can definitely learn from.”

Comment

Nick Lappin to Devils prospect Camp. No surprise there.

Comment

Comments about Nick from Albany's coach and as well about Matt. Coach Kowasky was a really big Lorito supporter

Q: What stands out about forwards John Quenneville and Nick Lappin?

A: Well, Lap, he came in, same thing, we didn’t want to rush him. (Assistant GM) Tom Fitzgerald had a lot of good reports, was very high on him. Now that I know him, we were lucky to get him because he was certainly courted by a bunch of teams and he chose us. We eased him into the lineup, the old American League schedule, three games in three nights. By that third game, I think he scored the game winner late versus Toronto with 10 seconds left or something. He made a seamless transition to pro hockey. For some guys it’s tough to do, it’s tough to do at that time of year when there’s a lot of pressure in the games and you want to win and you’re pushing to get comfortable. We had a bit of cushioning which allowed us to take a look at (Kevin) Rooney and Lappin and Zacha. But he’s got a nose for the net and the puck seems to find him and he finds it and he’s got a knack for big goals. If that’s something that continues in his career, he’s going to have a successful one. But he really stepped in and scored goals for us and continued to score big goals for us right through the playoffs. Great kid. Good work ethic. I think he’s just starting to get his footing here and if his confidence is where it should be – at an all-time high – I’m very interested to see him at training camp. Quenneville I got to see last year, watched him a bit in the Memorial Cup. A skilled guy. Can make plays. It’ll be interesting to see him at the pro level where he’s playing against men as far as his play without the puck. His compete level, his willingness to go to those hard areas. I think it’s there. Whether it’s there consistently or not, we’ll see. But there’s no question he’s a world-class skill and another guy that I think we will look to, or should be able to play that two-way hockey that is always a huge asset

Q: What’s the value of seeing the players on tryouts?

A: I don’t want to say diamonds in the rough but there are certainly kids you can get a look at. This is the first year we’ve had some kids that are draft eligible next year. These are kids you get, quote/unquote a free look at it. But if you can pull a Matt Lorito or a Conor Sheary out of one of these development camps, kids who really weren’t on anybody else’s radar, you get a free look at them and you bring them back at training camp, they have a good camp, sign them to an American League deal, NHL deal, and it works out,

Comment

Working...
                                X