X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
    The women were introduced at the football game Saturday and she was there, again, with no sling or anything. She posted an instagram from the game with a comment that she was there with a "bum arm"

(No, I'm not stalking her. Or if I am, I'm being encouraged by instagram to do so. Once you click on something, instagram "suggests" other posts you might be interested in. At some point, I clicked on something from the UW Volleyball team's account or the hockey team's account or some such, and ever since, it keeps suggesting posts from players, other UW teams, other college teams, etc etc. And I keep clicking on them Its insidious, I tell ya!)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZr-_BJD...by=bdangless21
    The old internet rabbit hole syndrome. I follow a few of the players on twitter, but you don't learn anything in regards to hockey, so I have considered unfollowing them, but then I kinda feel bad doing that, I think you get a notification that someone unfollowed you. They hardly tweet anything, and I don't tweet at them, except ARD, who is a social butterfly. My 19 yr old son would like to date Norby, so he went into the Instagram rabbit hole and it appears she and Trent Fredric might be a couple, or were at some point. I keep telling my 22 yr old to reach out to ARD, but he hasn't yet, he's kinda shy.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      The old internet rabbit hole syndrome. I follow a few of the players on twitter, but you don't learn anything in regards to hockey, so I have considered unfollowing them, but then I kinda feel bad doing that, I think you get a notification that someone unfollowed you. They hardly tweet anything, and I don't tweet at them, except ARD, who is a social butterfly. My 19 yr old son would like to date Norby, so he went into the Instagram rabbit hole and it appears she and Trent Fredric might be a couple, or were at some point. I keep telling my 22 yr old to reach out to ARD, but he hasn't yet, he's kinda shy.
      There is no notification on Twitter when you unfollow someone. There are sites that let you see who followed and unfollowed you, but you have to sign up for them.

Hopefully Wellhausen is able to get back soon.
      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

The old internet rabbit hole syndrome.
        The two things I know about instagram are 1) that everyone on it is better looking than me, and 2) they are all having WAY more fun than me!

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
          There is no notification on Twitter when you unfollow someone. There are sites that let you see who followed and unfollowed you, but you have to sign up for them.

Hopefully Wellhausen is able to get back soon.
          Fantastic. Now I will unfollow them and not hurt their feelings. Wellhausen seems to be racked with self-doubt, off the ice anyway.

Comment

Fantastic. Now I will unfollow them and not hurt their feelings. Wellhausen seems to be racked with self-doubt, off the ice anyway.
            Of course, I will now check to see if you unfollow me on Twitter and torment you forever.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
              Of course, I will now check to see if you unfollow me on Twitter and torment you forever.
              I follow you? Maybe I better start, LOL.

Comment

Maybe I'm just too old but, I don't really get the whole middle aged man commenting on tweets from female college athletes thing.. Seems pretty creepy to me. As I said I am old and from a different generation and maybe I'm not supposed to understand. Don't really get the self doubt comment either. Do you actually follow these kids that closely to know these things? Explain.
                Last edited by rangersrule; 10-03-2017, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rangersrule View Post
                  Maybe I'm just too old but, I don't really get the whole middle aged man commenting on tweets from female college athletes thing.. Seems pretty creepy to me. As I said I am old and from a different generation and maybe I'm not supposed to understand. Don't really understand the self doubt comment either.
                  So, I had a similar quandary the other day as I there was an athlete for a team I support in England that said they were from Georgia. I didn't want to be the creepy old guy who asked her a question about it, but ended up doing it anyway and got into an interesting conversation with her as a result.

I can't say that I'll be reaching out to athletes like that again, but in this case it wasn't too awkward.

Comment

Don't really get the self doubt comment either. Do you actually follow these kids that closely to know these things? Explain.
                    Sometimes she'd make a comment like having another "Monday" when it's Thursday, or she screwed up in practice and had to do pushups, funny little ironic things that happen, simple stuff like that. You don't really follow them closely, they simply comment on twitter and if you follow them, your see it. With Facebook or Instagram, you have to go digging into their postings, you have to kind of work for the info. I only ever tweeted back at ARD and we had a few fun exchanges. My ultimate goal was to glean hockey info from their postings, but their postings are all interpersonal things, hence I have unfollowed them. I don't do Instagram or Facebook.

Comment

Sometimes she'd make a comment like having another "Monday" when it's Thursday, or she screwed up in practice and had to do pushups, funny little ironic things that happen, simple stuff like that. You don't really follow them closely, they simply comment on twitter and if you follow them, your see it. With Facebook or Instagram, you have to go digging into their postings, you have to kind of work for the info. I only ever tweeted back at ARD and we had a few fun exchanges. My ultimate goal was to glean hockey info from their postings, but their postings are all interpersonal things, hence I have unfollowed them. I don't do Instagram or Facebook.
                      So based on these examples you can allow yourself to say a player is "racked with self doubt"? Pretty bold statement based on what college kids write on their twitter account! Neither of those statements you mention shows self doubt!! This is was exactly what I was talking about in my previous post. It's just weird to me to follow an account to "glean hockey info"! Very strange.
                      Last edited by rangersrule; 10-04-2017, 10:18 AM.

Comment

So based on these examples you can allow yourself to say a player is "racked with self doubt"? Pretty bold statement based on what a college kid writes on her twitter account! Neither of those statements you mention shows self doubt!! This is was exactly what I was talking about in my previous post. It's just weird to me to have what seems to me like a "super fan" creeping on a players twitter account to "glean hockey info"! Very strange.
                        On the other hand, it's the 21st Century and there is now what they call "Social Media". The players can make their twitter accounts private if they want, and a lot of them do. I agree that care should be taken to not cross lines, but I also don't think there's an age limit to the twitter accounts. A lot of what they post is interesting and educational of what's on their minds. The fans of these teams tend to be either pretty young or pretty "mature". We don't necessarily need to go out of our way to define every expression of interest in the players from the "mature" fans as creepy.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                          We don't necessarily need to go out of our way to define every expression of interest in the players from the "mature" fans as creepy.
                          So I'm not mature, so that means I'm not creepy, whew. I will say my wife thinks it's creepy that I discuss hockey on this board. Her personality is such that she doesn't ever want to make waves or make her views known, even if it is in her best interest to do so, but at least she did in the world of love.

So the 2 most interesting things this weekend to me are will Wellhausen play and will Campbell start in both games? I wouldn't rush her back, her being at 100% for the upcoming rodent series is paramount and the way Rowe played in her spot gives me confidence that line will not be torpedo'ed by Wellahusen's absence, assuming the lines don't change. I'm also curious about Cece's prognosis, though obviously Campbell is doing a fine job, and if Cece comes back and supplants her she must be really freaking good.

Comment

So I'm not mature, so that means I'm not creepy, whew. I will say my wife thinks it's creepy that I discuss hockey on this board. Her personality is such that she doesn't ever want to make waves or make her views known, even if it is in her best interest to do so, but at least she did in the world of love.

So the 2 most interesting things this weekend to me are will Wellhausen play and will Campbell start in both games? I wouldn't rush her back, her being at 100% for the upcoming rodent series is paramount and the way Rowe played in her spot gives me confidence that line will not be torpedo'ed by Wellahusen's absence, assuming the lines don't change. I'm also curious about Cece's prognosis, though obviously Campbell is doing a fine job, and if Cece comes back and supplants her she must be really freaking good.
                            I think u hit the nerve of a certain parent...he'll get over it! Rowe did a great job last week! Her size was an asset around the net area from what I saw.

No stream of the game today? Nice program Cuse! Was hoping to watch the Badgers & the Gophs today! Guess it will be the Gophs & BC!

Keep the blog alive Timothy A!!!!!

Comment

Posted on the team's twiiter page is a video of them coming out of 'the tunnel' for warm-ups. Wellhausen isn't even dressed to play. (And the video didn't start soon enough to pick up which goalie led them out).

Comment

Cece is dressed! Listed #2 on the depth chart, great to see her in the pads. Wellhausen is out, Rowe on 3rd line with Cogan and Mauermann. I totally missed it last week, but when Wellhausen was hurt, they moved Schneider up to Wellhausen's spot on the 2nd line and and inserted Rowe in her spot on the 3rd line. It's hard to keep track of lines when you are at the games with so much of the roster new, too much to take in. Or I'm just a loser.

Let's GO RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X