Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Bought mom lunch yesterday. She was grateful for the opportunity to get out of the house. And she clarified the difference between Type 1 and 2 diabetes. Daughter has Type 1, which means she can eat pretty much whatever she wants... so I will send some peanut butter fudge.
    YIKES!!1!11!!!!! This is totally NOT true!!!!! no wonder there are problems. Insulin is only so good.

Comment

Bought mom lunch yesterday. She was grateful for the opportunity to get out of the house. And she clarified the difference between Type 1 and 2 diabetes. Daughter has Type 1, which means she can eat pretty much whatever she wants... so I will send some peanut butter fudge.
      Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      YIKES!!1!11!!!!! This is totally NOT true!!!!! no wonder there are problems. Insulin is only so good.
      Yeah, that's like saying if a guy pulls out there's no chance of pregnancy regardless of whether or not he's wearing a raincoat.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        Yeah, that's like saying if a guy pulls out there's no chance of pregnancy regardless of whether or not he's wearing a raincoat.
        So mom is wrong. Instead of sending sugar, I'll send something else.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

So mom is wrong. Instead of sending sugar, I'll send something else.
          UnChristian of me but my first thought was if that is what she thinks no wonder there are issues!

Comment

UnChristian of me but my first thought was if that is what she thinks no wonder there are issues!
            It's okay. instead of a buttload of carbs, I will simply send something else. Either that, or note on box, "this is for mom and mom alone."

And according to this, it sounds like fruit is okay, but for the love of whatever you believe in, watch the grains and starches and sugar.
            Last edited by MissThundercat; 05-14-2017, 01:45 PM.
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

good idea

Comment

good idea
                There are plenty of things I can send (looking at Meijer/Target/Wal-Mart gift cards), or I can always take her out for lunch again. From my experience on Friday, it sounded like she needed it.

Hate to bring up my dad again, but he's Type 2, and has a similar delusion. As the saying goes, "you are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choice." Does that make sense?

Comment

There are plenty of things I can send (looking at Meijer/Target/Wal-Mart gift cards), or I can always take her out for lunch again. From my experience on Friday, it sounded like she needed it.

Hate to bring up my dad again, but he's Type 2, and has a similar delusion. As the saying goes, "you are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choice." Does that make sense?
                  Great line!

I would do the listening thing. If you ask in 5 yrs that will be the thing she remembers

Comment

My dad was Type 2, and he used to play these games with this blood sugar. He'd eat a single Hershey's bar, and then immediately test his blood sugar levels. Then he'd declare success! Either he deluded himself to not checking after a few minutes of metabolizing the chocolate that he'd somehow conquered his diabetes. Then he'd sneak in a six-pack of chocolate bars when he thought nobody was looking. Time and again he'd pull these games. He ended up losing half of one leg, suffered from renal failure, heart disease, and dementia all rooted in his diabetes "tests." Idiot.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

My dad was Type 2, and he used to play these games with this blood sugar. He'd eat a single Hershey's bar, and then immediately test his blood sugar levels. Then he'd declare success! Either he deluded himself to not checking after a few minutes of metabolizing the chocolate that he'd somehow conquered his diabetes. Then he'd sneak in a six-pack of chocolate bars when he thought nobody was looking. Time and again he'd pull these games. He ended up losing half of one leg, suffered from renal failure, heart disease, and dementia all rooted in his diabetes "tests." Idiot.
                      I could tell stories all day. Denial is the worst drug a human can take

Comment

I could tell stories all day. Denial is the worst drug a human can take
                        Back when I was morbidly obese, I owned it. However, when I was deep in an eating disorder, that's when I started serving denial. My denial came to an end when I was sent to the ER one day with a hemoglobin level of 6.

Comment

Back when I was morbidly obese, I owned it. However, when I was deep in an eating disorder, that's when I started serving denial. My denial came to an end when I was sent to the ER one day with a hemoglobin level of 6.
                          that is impressive. Denial comes in all colors and flavors. People successfully recruit those around them to support the denial because that is less painful than admitting the person they know has a problem

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            that is impressive. Denial comes in all colors and flavors. People successfully recruit those around them to support the denial because that is less painful than admitting the person they know has a problem
                            The compliments were replaced with concern. "Eat something! You're killing yourself!" From about November 2009 to July 2010, I basically stuck my fingers in my ears and said "la la la, I can't hear you!"

Comment

Had right hip replacement last Friday and got out of the hospital on Sun. Started PT(pain and torture)on Tues and she put me through my paces. The therapist said she was impressed by what I was able to do.
                              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                                Had right hip replacement last Friday and got out of the hospital on Sun. Started PT(pain and torture)on Tues and she put me through my paces. The therapist said she was impressed by what I was able to do.
                                that does not sound pleasant.

Comment

Working...
                                X